Interesting Development

I was listening to the Led Zeppelin channel on my XM radio this morning, and an announcement comes on stating that as of March 7, the channel will be on "hiatus". The announcement also states that the Led Zeppelin channel will return later in the year. Now, seeing as how the channel was launched during the build up of the 02 reunion show, could XM be telegraphing that they will be bringing the channel back during a time of excitement concerning Zep in the fall?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Yes, XM was only authorized to carry a Led Zeppelin channel for a limited time. A relaunch later this year could simply be to commemorate and capitalize upon the 40th Anniversary of the group's formation.

THATS GREAT......

But to quote many of those who post on this board.........

"IF IT IS'NT ANOUNCED BY THE BAND IT'S ONLY A RUMOR"

Yes, XM was only authorized to carry a Led Zeppelin channel for a limited time. A relaunch later this year could simply be to commemorate and capitalize upon the 40th Anniversary of the group's formation.

40 years! i think that is so incredible. their music is destined for immortality.

Maybe there's not enough interest in the site? I expect it costs a lot to run.

I listen to 'Planet Rock', which does play quite a lot of Zeplin, as well as other quite 'Old' stuff.

Being an 'Old' Rocker, that suits me just fine.

THATS GREAT......

But to quote many of those who post on this board.........

"IF IT IS'NT ANOUNCED BY THE BAND IT'S ONLY A RUMOR"

:D

Well, it was announced by XM, so must not be just a rumor...

It was announced from the beginning by XM that the Zep channel would only have a limited run.

Yes, it was always going to be limited... it's them planning on coming back on the air later that makes a person go, hmmmmmm.... That seems like a change.

Probably is 40th Anniversary related.

It was always meant to be temporary, and now that the buzz of the O2 show has died down, it's going away. The statement that it's coming back later might be simply to leave the door open if there's interest or a reason to bring it back. Doesn't necessarily mean that they know something we don't.

XM LED: The Led Zeppelin Channel launched November 8th 2007 and was only licensed to operate for six months (through May 8th, 2008).

XM Led (Channel 59) aired the U.S. premiere of 'The Soundtrack to the Film Song Remains the Same' on it's launch date and replayed this constantly along with the

complete audio catalog, interviews with band members and other content pertaining

to Led Zeppelin.

^ So they're shutting it down 2 months early. I wonder if they can start it up later in the year for 2 months, and that will count towards their 6 month deal. In other words, they're saving 2 months for later...

That's a very interesting point to consider. I'll keep watching for any further details.

Was driving in the old man's TL the evening of March 1, when it was specifically announced that XM Led WOULD return later in 2008. That will be the determining factor in my subscribing to XM radio in the near future.

Was driving in the old man's TL the evening of March 1, when it was specifically announced that XM Led WOULD return later in 2008. That will be the determining factor in my subscribing to XM radio in the near future.

I love XM and have since I first subscribed to it a few years ago but I wouldn't sign up just for the Zep channel. I love Zep as much as the next person but XM has so much more to offer than just the Zep channel. In fact, I haven't even really listened to it that much. I know they do offer some rare stuff but most of the time it's songs I already own on CD and vinyl.

Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour, now there's a reason for subscribing....

I love XM and have since I first subscribed to it a few years ago but I wouldn't sign up just for the Zep channel. I love Zep as much as the next person but XM has so much more to offer than just the Zep channel. In fact, I haven't even really listened to it that much. I know they do offer some rare stuff but most of the time it's songs I already own on CD and vinyl.

Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour, now there's a reason for subscribing....

Maybe I shouldn't say 'determining factor', but it would definitely push me over the edge sooner rather than later.

I enjoy a lot of late night talk radio and other genres as well. Besides, FM radio has become boring and annoying, what with all the replays and obnoxious commercials.

I enjoy a lot of late night talk radio and other genres as well. Besides, FM radio has become boring and annoying, what with all the replays and obnoxious commercials.

You'll love XM then. They do have some commercial channels that are Clear Channel controlled but they're the same stuff you get over the broadcast airwaves anyway. Not sure why anyone would subscribe to XM just to get them.

Archived