The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

Spats, I love how you won't accept it if only one girl thinks you're hot. That's one more than you seem to think feels that now.

But isn't it lame if only 1 thinks you are hot? Doesn't that say that you are just not that attractive.

Like i have had some buddies who had a couple girls wanting him at the same time!!!! :o

But your tips enforce specific gender roles.

My tips are realistic, tell you how things are, and tell you to deal with it. Your way is to complain about how things should be (in your mind), or how you don't like things the way they are even though you can't change it.

You can sit on the sidelines and bitch and moan about how things aren't the way you think they should be, or you can say "this is the way the world works, and I just have to deal with it, and I can even thrive if I go about it the right way".

But isn't it lame if only 1 thinks you are hot? Doesn't that say that you are just not that attractive.

Like i have had some buddies who had a couple girls wanting him at the same time!!!! :o

No spats it just means that people have different tastes. Some women like Tom Cruise, some think he's ugly. Some like Jim Morrison, or Robert Plant, others think that they are ugly. It's all in taste. You've said you like Paris Hilton, but you have also said that you don't think Janis Joplin was pretty. Some people might think Paris Hilton is ugly and Janis Joplin is pretty. It's all about taste. About your Buddy, he may have the ability to pick just one. If you are reallyl ike some of your posts, no offense or anything, but I don't know if you have the will to stay with just one. And your buddy, does he have the same views as you?

George: Oh, what's the point? When I like them, they don't like me, when they like me, I don't like them. Why can't I act with the ones I like the same way I do with the ones I don't like?

Jerry: Well, you've only got another fifty years or so to go before it'll *all* be over...

No spats it just means that people have different tastes. Some women like Tom Cruise, some think he's ugly. Some like Jim Morrison, or Robert Plant, others think that they are ugly. It's all in taste. You've said you like Paris Hilton, but you have also said that you don't think Janis Joplin was pretty. Some people might think Paris Hilton is ugly and Janis Joplin is pretty. It's all about taste. About your Buddy, he may have the ability to pick just one. If you are reallyl ike some of your posts, no offense or anything, but I don't know if you have the will to stay with just one. And your buddy, does he have the same views as you?

Yes, people do have different tastes. But you don't see women lusting after guys that aren't that good looking. And there are some people that most people can agree on when it comes to looks. That they are good looking. Does anyone think Johnny Depp is ugly? or Brad Pitt?

Me and him have the same views on things for the most part. But he will pursue women unlike me. But he has had more than one girl at a time wanting to hook up with him. And he is better looking than me. I would to love get the attention he does. He gets quality women approaching him quite often

Yes, people do have different tastes. But you don't see women lusting after guys that aren't that good looking. And there are some people that most people can agree on when it comes to looks. That they are good looking. Does anyone think Johnny Depp is ugly? or Brad Pitt?

Me and him have the same views on things for the most part. But he will pursue women unlike me. But he has had more than one girl at a time wanting to hook up with him. And he is better looking than me. I would to love get the attention he does. He gets quality women approaching him quite often

You are only as attractive as you believe you are....and if YOU believe you are, then others will, too.

George: Oh, what's the point? When I like them, they don't like me, when they like me, I don't like them. Why can't I act with the ones I like the same way I do with the ones I don't like?

Jerry: Well, you've only got another fifty years or so to go before it'll *all* be over...

I can relate to that scenario!! Anyone else had that problem?? Where you like someone and they don't like you but some girl that you don't care about likes you. I have had that happen repeatedly.UGH!!! How to you end that cycle?

You really believe that? :blink:

Yes, I do. I wouldn't have said it if i didn't mean it. Confidence is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT in meeting someone. Some of these "hot" celebrities look just like normal people, but they have that added air of confidence, which makes everyone think they are "OMG, like, SOOO good-looking!" When in reality they are just average.

Yes, it is true. Take it from someone who has seen both sides of the abyss-----attitude can be a major self-fullfiling prophecy---it can totally go either way. If you can't change yourself, who can you change?

Ok spats mu boy now tell me inner beauty can't attract in your words a "Hottie"

Meet Mr and Mrs Seal

seal.jpg

But he's a famous singer. Would she have hooked up with him if he was a mail man or something and he looked the same? There are a lot of singers and actors who would not get much attetnion from pretty women if they were just everyday guys.

An average looking guy with confidence, a great personality, and a sense of humor can pull hot chicks. It's not all about looks, as much as you like to think it is.

I guess we will disagree. But i rarely see average looking guys with hotties unless he has money.

Yes, it is true. Take it from someone who has seen both sides of the abyss-----attitude can be a major self-fullfiling prophecy---it can totally go either way. If you can't change yourself, who can you change?

I don't know how to develop a "better attitude". The attitude is caused by bad experiences. Don't the experiences have to be good for the attitude to get better?

Yes, I do. I wouldn't have said it if i didn't mean it. Confidence is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT in meeting someone. Some of these "hot" celebrities look just like normal people, but they have that added air of confidence, which makes everyone think they are "OMG, like, SOOO good-looking!" When in reality they are just average.

But don't good things have to happen to you for a person to have that "air of confidence" that stars do?

I guess we will disagree. But i rarely see average looking guys with hotties unless he has money.

OK, but you're wrong. I mean, look at me, I'm an alright looking guy, but I wouldn't say I'm a stud by any means. But I've had some pretty hot girlfriends, and my wife is hot too. Why is that? Do I have a lot of money? No. Chicks have dug me for being a cool, funny, confident guy.

I think I've done alright, eh?

343bc10a.jpg

Hey, my wife's a real doll. And I'm not all that good lookin' or rich. Just a lucky sonofabitch! :lol:

With that said, I'd say it's my sick sense of humor and good taste in music that she likes. That, and I treat her like the queen she is. ;)

An average looking guy with confidence, a great personality, and a sense of humor can pull hot chicks. It's not all about looks, as much as you like to think it is.

I have gotta agree with Matt here...I know many, many men who have super hot women who aren't exactly guys I'd do a double take at if I didn't know them personally.

I am a girl who can appreciate a beautiful man, but I always wonder what my deal is becuase I don't have a lot of celebrity crushes. I almost never check out men when I'm in public. I don't have crushes or an attraction to a man I do not know--ever. I usually develop an attraction after I get to know a man.

After I get to know them and I decide they're decent people, that's when the crushes and attrations develop...no matter HOW hot they are on the outside. ;)

OK, but you're wrong. I mean, look at me, I'm an alright looking guy, but I wouldn't say I'm a stud by any means. But I've had some pretty hot girlfriends, and my wife is hot too. Why is that? Do I have a lot of money? No. Chicks have dug me for being a cool, funny, confident guy.

I think I've done alright, eh?

343bc10a.jpg

Yes you have, Matt. Your wife is gorgeous!

Seems to be a wonderful wife and mother, too.

Hey, my wife's a real doll. And I'm not all that good lookin' or rich. Just a lucky sonofabitch! :lol:

With that said, I'd say it's my sick sense of humor and good taste in music that she likes. That, and I treat her like the queen she is. ;)

See? It's because she knows what a good guy you are.

If any of the women out there are anything like me, they know they need someone who will treat them right--not some guy who is hot but a complete douchebag.

Oh yeah, and I am treated like a queen. In return, I treat him like a king.

For reals.

edited to add one more thing:

Why do you think they call women "the fairer sex?" Probably because in general, ladies are much prettier than men. ;) (no offense guys--it's just something I've noticed)

Archived