What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Not much on these days; I'm rewatching (not quite binge watching) The West Wing on Netflix. This is really one of the best shows ever; best writing, best ensemble cast. I'm about half way through Season 1 (which was actually from '99).

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it; and if you saw it, I definitely recommend watching it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the Walton's show since I was a little kid in the 70's. The show was based on a real-life family who lived in Virginia wasn't it?

Earl Hamner based it on his family, and yes, he was born in Virginia (somewhere...) My sister-in-law, who is Italian, loves The Waltons. I'm not sure they've ever found the series in a format that will play over there.

I'm watching the All-Star Game now. Because it's what I do every year.

Thanks, ebk. I just googled the Walton's and discovered that both the fictional Walton's and real-life Hammer's lived in a rural part of central Virginia located about 70 miles west of Richmond. Both the real-life and fictional "John Boy" (apparently) graduated from the University of Richmond.

Edited by Pagefan55

Thanks, ebk. I just googled the Walton's and discovered that both the fictional Walton's and real-life Hammer's lived in a rural part of central Virginia located about 70 miles west of Richmond. Both the real-life and fictional "John Boy" (apparently) graduated from the University of Richmond.

The real family was from Nelson County. There's a Walton's museum there. I have caught episodes on the Hallmark channel evenings around 6-7'ish. :)