What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

My wife and daughters watch it. I guess religiously. One of my daughters burst into my room in tears to commiserate with Mrs. Dawg. It appears they killed off one of their favorite characters.

Oh, it was horrible; I was bawling. Hubby just shook his head, lol. I was also catching up on Season 2 and saw another beloved character get married on his death bed :'( Too much for one night!

Edited by Virginia

Almost done with Season 2 of "The Wire", just the final episode to go. I'll probably not be able to get to it until next week and wanted to post while I have time to say thanks to forum members who recommended it. I'm sure this will not be my last post about this series.

My mind has been changed about a few of the characters in one way or another. True to life, everyone is flawed, albeit some have major flaws. One can guess the reason for some of the characters being the way they are (envrionment, for instance), but some of the backstories, e.g. McNulty have not yet been revealed - perhaps it never will?

I don't need to talk about all of the interesting plots and little things that make me laugh or gasp (literally).

To date, some of my favorites, good or bad: McNulty, Prez, Freamon, Bunk, Bubbles, D'Angelo Barksdale, Wallace, Stringer, and of course Omar (wow). The relationship between Hauk and Carver is great, they are like a couple who have been together for a long time.

I did not care for Ziggy at first, but now I understand and feel for him. At first I was drawn to Stringer Bell...very intelligent and always trying to better himself. Now I'm "off" him.

This is my second time trying to post this, I lost my first draft in some sort of black hole, so I'll end this now.

Sarah Vaughn and Jazz Divas on Aspire TV (I had no idea this network existed until now).

Early TV performances by Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge and Billie Holliday (and Count Basie, but he's not a diva)

Amazing talents...

Just watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards on Netflix. I love Kevin Spacey, so I'll keep going. The show is pretty good, if a little formulaic. It is fun trying to spot the locales. It was filmed in Baltimore with some exterior shots in DC.

Almost done with Season 2 of "The Wire", just the final episode to go. I'll probably not be able to get to it until next week and wanted to post while I have time to say thanks to forum members who recommended it. I'm sure this will not be my last post about this series.

My mind has been changed about a few of the characters in one way or another. True to life, everyone is flawed, albeit some have major flaws. One can guess the reason for some of the characters being the way they are (envrionment, for instance), but some of the backstories, e.g. McNulty have not yet been revealed - perhaps it never will?

I don't need to talk about all of the interesting plots and little things that make me laugh or gasp (literally).

To date, some of my favorites, good or bad: McNulty, Prez, Freamon, Bunk, Bubbles, D'Angelo Barksdale, Wallace, Stringer, and of course Omar (wow). The relationship between Hauk and Carver is great, they are like a couple who have been together for a long time.

I did not care for Ziggy at first, but now I understand and feel for him. At first I was drawn to Stringer Bell...very intelligent and always trying to better himself. Now I'm "off" him.

This is my second time trying to post this, I lost my first draft in some sort of black hole, so I'll end this now.

Glad you're enjoying it. There are lots of other interesting characters introduced in season 3.

Incidentally, I read the other day that Robert F Chew who played "Proposition" Joe died of a heart attack at the age of 52.

Just watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards on Netflix. I love Kevin Spacey, so I'll keep going. The show is pretty good, if a little formulaic. It is fun trying to spot the locales. It was filmed in Baltimore with some exterior shots in DC.

I think House of Cards was originally a British series....

Watching a great documentary by Sydney Pollack on the architect Frank Gehry. What a mind and talent ... and I love that he describes talent as liquid trouble.

Welcome to my hometown. The author who penned The Wire also wrote The Corner and Homicide. Both were also on the boob tube. My wife worked on one of he cases when she was interning with the Attorney General's office. It was quite chilling to be reading about the events, after she had shared so much with me prior to the publications of the books.

Spoiler Alert for coming seasons :

Although The Wire is fiction, it is rooted in many truths. The series also proved to be prophetic when the City's Mayor became governor and the city council chair was ousted in scandal after succeeding him in the office.