RockAction's Fishing Thread!

Rock Action

A couple of different names: Dolphin Fish, Mahi-Mahi or Dorado.

Gorgeous fish. My friend caught a 90 pounder once.

Dolphin is some of the best tasting fish out there. I used to eat that in Florida where it's really common. Cajun blackened with black beans & rice, or dirty rice is the way to go! :D

Dolphin is some of the best tasting fish out there. I used to eat that in Florida where it's really common. Cajun blackened with black beans & rice, or dirty rice is the way to go! :D

It's funny, my dad never went fishing with us (he preferred to stay home, drink some wine and play his guitar) :D

But he was the one who always cleaned and cooked the fish when we brought them home.

Alright, Dad!! :)

When I drove through Minnisota last fall I had some Whaleye. OMG this fish is amazing. Does anyone know how to cook it? Or have a good receipt for it? Thank you.

The best recipe for walleye is simply to salt and pepper the fillets, roll them in cornmeal and fry them in canola oil until the fillets turn golden brown and the flesh flakes apart easily with a fork. Use a medium-high heat, or the fish will get oily. You'll love it!

Pah, all the fish posted so far are mere tiddlers. :D

Here's the biggest fish ever caught on rod and reel (officially in the records that is, there have been bigger caught).

AldDeanworldrecordrodandlinefish.GWat2664lb.1959Ce.jpg

I can hear the music now....Boom Boom Boom Boom,,,,,,Boom Boom Boom Boom (JAWS Theme) :D

Nowadays they have to let them live.

I can hear the music now....Boom Boom Boom Boom,,,,,,Boom Boom Boom Boom (JAWS Theme) :D

Nowadays they have to let them live.

Yup, quite right too....although there are murmerings in some places like South Australia and South Africa that limited fishing should be allowed.

Shit, I'm not gonna clean that fucker!! laugh.gif

:D

And even after you've done that.....you'd still have to figure out how to get it in the frying pan.

Archived