"Ignore User" function

FuzzyMerkin

A selective censorship?

No Thanks!!

How in the hell do you keep a perspective on what's worthwhile in life without 

the other end of the spectrum as a sounding board?

I'll continue to see the whole picture... even some people that annoy me, make me laugh sometimes. (More often than not really.)

I haven't been around this board long enough to have someone on "iggy" but I have a couple turds on iggy on another board which I have been a member of for awhile(not a LZ board).

Those on iggy have nothing worth reading and only post to get a reaction.

Iggy's not permanent. You can always turn it off should curiosity get the best of you.

There are some people here I just don't get along with. We don't agree on anything, most of the time we do nothing but argue should I choose to respond to their posts and their opinion at times can be so vile and hateful, reading it pisses me off. This way, I don't have to read it and I keep myself from saying something to them I might regret later. It's censoring myself, basically. It's me choosing not to see something I know will only make me angry because of its caustic content. It's no different than choosing not expose yourself to any number of things, if you don't like it. I don't like Rush Limbaugh....I don't listen to him. I don't like Howard Stern....I don't listen to him.

I can understand the block function on Pm's and emails. But to set up your 'reality function' to filter out what is being said in an open forum is pretty lame and pathetic. And of course that it the general consensus already in this thread. Lame, pathetic and very sad. An indication that someone may not really be coping well with the realities of everyday life.

I'm glad we have the block function on Pm's and emails, for the posters who may be getting bothered by some one. Especially for our younger girls who may be having a problem with an old pervert.

But as far as ignoring or blocking someone in the open forum is just silly. Just move along.

I'm glad we have the block function on Pm's and emails, for the posters who may be getting bothered by some one. Especially for our younger girls who may be having a problem with an old pervert.

But as far as ignoring or blocking someone in the open forum is just silly. Just move along.

A good perspective on this. ^^

Well said my friend. :beer:

There are some people here I just don't get along with.

Just "some"? :unsure:

We don't agree on anything, most of the time we do nothing but argue should I choose to respond to their posts and their opinion at times can be so vile and hateful, reading it pisses me off. This way, I don't have to read it and I keep myself from saying something to them I might regret later. It's censoring myself, basically. It's me choosing not to see something I know will only make me angry because of its caustic content.

al-gore-speech.gif

I haven't been around this board long enough to have someone on "iggy" but I have a couple turds on iggy on another board which I have been a member of for awhile(not a LZ board).

Those on iggy have nothing worth reading and only post to get a reaction.

Iggy's not permanent. You can always turn it off should curiosity get the best of you.

Exactly. Though I wouldn't call anybody on my iggy list a turd, it's mainly the "post to get a reaction" bit that's turning me off.

A selective censorship?

No Thanks!!

How in the hell do you keep a perspective on what's worthwhile in life without 

the other end of the spectrum as a sounding board?

I'll continue to see the whole picture... even some people that annoy me, make me laugh sometimes. (More often than not really.)

I'd say you're fooling yourself there. On a board of this size nobody "sees the whole picture". I doubt even the moderators know what's going on in all of the threads. Some people choose to ignore certain threads, some choose to ignore certain posters, some never venture into the newbie section, some people posting in the Zeppelin section of the board will never come here. If you're interested in music, you check out the bands forum but might ignore the toothbrush thread.... Censorhip? No. It's life - a string of choices and every choice means that you ignore other options at least temporarily.

I don't really see how this works. :ph34r: I mean, if you ignore someone, but then someone else responds to them, then presumably the response makes no sense, and you end up with a bizarre one-sided discussion? :huh:

Well, this used to happen in the old board and there was no Ignore User function there. :lol: One-sided discussions, as well as senseless posts, are part of any board. With or without an ignore user function. ;)

I don't really see how this works. :ph34r: I mean, if you ignore someone, but then someone else responds to them, then presumably the response makes no sense, and you end up with a bizarre one-sided discussion? :huh:

You do see that a person you ignore has made a post, but it only reads "You have chosen to ignore this poster" (or something like that) - if you really want to know what they posted you can then click a link and their post comes up. I haven't found this necessary so far though. Anyway it's amazing how little actual conversation takes place in most threads...

I don't.

Well, I do understand it, but it doesn't prevent me from thinking that it's indecent, cowardly and hypocritical.

Yes, I think it's pretty indecent, it's just that if someone's happier after ignoring some certain persons then I guess it's ok. If it's REALLY difficult to stand someone then...

I think we don't even need it.

Yes, I think it's pretty indecent, it's just that if someone's happier after ignoring some certain persons then I guess it's ok. If it's REALLY difficult to stand someone then...

I think we don't even need it.

Again - explain to me how ít would be "indecent"?

It seems a lot of people get rather worked up about this. I'd really like to know why.

Archived