No Led Zep Tour!?!?

robertkincaid96

money may not be a deciding factore but if zep were to embark on a tour there would undoubtedly be some records broken, such as attendance records, if they were too do a world tour or even just a US tour i can see it easily being the highest grossing US tour ever, not too mention world tour. not a bad accomplishment to add under zeps belt of already amazing accomplishments and something that im sure has atleast crossed their minds and been taken into consideration in regards too a potential tour.

Man, I don't care whether there will be a gig or not: the only thing i hope is that Plant just enjoys this gig. This might be his last Zep anyways!

Plant is in his best when he is enjoying the show, anyways. (See - Most recent reference; Robert Plant & SS: 2005 Soundstage - DVD; Black Dog)

i cant see them doing a full-scale tour across the globe. As much as i would love it, it seems "beneath" them to exhaust that much energy on their past works (especially Robert, it goes against everything he's ever said, post Zep). Doing this one show is in perfect keeping with the classic "mystery" that always enshrouded them in their heyday.

I think the more realistic (or hopeful) possibility, is for them to do the "Cream" tour...a few in the UK, and maybe a couple of dates in New York and L.A. :D

I totally expect new studio l.p.s and tours. Plural. Yes. And amongst their own solo releases and tours. Why the hell not? Why do you all constantly believe the things Robert has said when he has constantly gone back on his word? You all are silly and easy to control.

I totally expect new studio l.p.s and tours. Plural. Yes. And amongst their own solo releases and tours. Why the hell not? Why do you all constantly believe the things Robert has said when he has constantly gone back on his word? You all are silly and easy to control.

I hope for the same, but there is all this talk about RP touring with Allison beginning in April 08.

RP always has to be the reluctant one, I am sure the others are ready, willing and able!

i cant see them doing a full-scale tour across the globe. As much as i would love it, it seems "beneath" them to exhaust that much energy on their past works (especially Robert, it goes against everything he's ever said, post Zep). Doing this one show is in perfect keeping with the classic "mystery" that always enshrouded them in their heyday.

I think the more realistic (or hopeful) possibility, is for them to do the "Cream" tour...a few in the UK, and maybe a couple of dates in New York and L.A. :D

Now this I can possibly imagine happening, not a full scale tour.

Jimmy Page said on Showbiz "Lets just do the O2 and then well see what happens from there" about a tour. Also it was said there playing Stairway at the O2 concert.

Robert Plant said in the Rolling Stone interview "I never wanted to do it, Now I want to do nothing else. How about that?" About the O2 show.

He also said "If people dont talk about a tour, anything is likely. the more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody".

Jimmy Page said on Showbiz "Lets just do the O2 and then well see what happens from there" about a tour. Also it was said there playing Stairway at the O2 concert.

Robert Plant said in the Rolling Stone interview "I never wanted to do it, Now I want to do nothing else. How about that?" About the O2 show.

He also said "If people dont talk about a tour, anything is likely. the more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody".

My two cents worth is that finally after all this time has passed since we lost John Bonham and the loss of their close friend and confidant Ahmet Ertegun, I think they realized time is getting short for them.

Getting together to honor a friend such as Mr. Ertegun with a concert just may have prombted them to realize a farwell tour would be a great way to pay tribute to their fallen brother.

They say time heals all wounds and I think only now they all are finally over losing John and are ready to pay tribute to him with Jason, I think John would be proud to see and hear them.

As far as the money end of it, yeah there will be lots but to say its all about $$$ would be insulting to them.

Anywayz I believe in the tour and the boyz, people get ready for Led Zepplin to take over the world again !!!

RjK

• 2 weeks later...

http://uncut.co.uk/news/robert_plant/news/10830

LED ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR RUMOURS QUASHED

Robert Plant

Robert Plant to go on the road with Alison Krauss!

Robert Plant, fresh from fronting a spectacular Led Zeppelin reunion show at London's O2 Arena on Monday (December 10), has quashed ideas of a full Led Zeppelin tour to follow the legends' comeback success.

Plant has announced that he is to tour 'Raising Sand', his acclaimed collaboration with Alison Krauss.

The UK dates start at Birmingham Arena on May 5 and go through to London's Wembley Arena on May 22.

European dates include Paris, Amsterdam and Norway, and Plant and Krauss will then head out on a US tour in June.

Even though Plant's newly announced tour puts paid to the idea of a full scale Led Zeppelin tour in the near future, it still leaves one-off appearances such as Glastonbury Festival and Madison Square Gardens free for shows with his old bandmates...

Tickets to see Plant and Krauss, who go on the road with 'Raising Sand''s musical director T Bone Burnett start from £29.50 and go on sale Friday (December 14) at 9am.

Catch Raising Sand live at the following venues:

Birmingham, NIA (May 5)

Manchester, Apollo (7)

Cardiff, International Arena (8)

London, Wembley Arena (22)

Dusseldorf, Philipshalle (10)

Brussells, Forest National Club (11)

Paris, Le Grand Rex Theatre (13)

Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall (14)

Stockholm, Hovet (Ice Hall) (16)

Oslo, Spektrum (18)

Bergen, Bergenshalle (19)

For more information go to: www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com

Robert Plant on his official website has announced a world tour with Allison Kraus for their BlueGrass Album. It looks like Europe for May and June and then America for the rest of the Summer.

How could Ian have made this mistake? Or was the mistake made by the fan that shouted Led Zep?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Led Zep tour

Led Zeppelin have dismissed claims that they will embark on a world tour in 2008, with support from The Cult.

Cult frontman Ian Astbury said last week that his band will support the rock legends for a tour next year.

However, a spokesman for Led Zeppelin has denied the claim.

"No decision has been made beyond the band's performance at the O2 arena. Maybe Ian got mixed up and they're supporting Limp Bizkit!" the spokesman said.

led Zeppelin will appear at the O2 Arena on Dec 10 for their much-anticipated one-off reunion gig.

Link

Seriously, I can't see a tour happening. But, a few dates around the world? If the 02 goes well, I believe we have a serious shot at seeing more live shows. One thing, (and it's not going to be popular) I am very happy to see anything come in the future from the fellas but, far as I'm concerned, this is not Led Zeppelin. JMHO.

It may not be the original Led Zeppelin, but it is today's Led Zeppelin- We will never have our beloved Bonzo back to rip up the kit, but we have the next best thing in Jason, who I feel is nearly his father's equal and who adds his own spice to Dad's recipe. Its the very best (and only) Led Zeppelin available.

I know three dates at madison square garden were discussed after the o2 show and being from mass that would be nice although I think they should tour america cuase the last time was in 77. and there last mass/rhode island show was in 73 for the houses of the holy!

I wonder if they were discussing The Song Remains The Same remastered DVD and CD that just came out. Robert has a tour to tend to. He made promises. Sometimes I wonder if Alison is really one of his illegitimate daughters. There's just really no sexual tension between the two in the photos. Makes you wonder where her mom was in the early 70s. She is a little younger than Carmen.

I wonder if they were discussing The Song Remains The Same remastered DVD and CD that just came out. Robert has a tour to tend to. He made promises. Sometimes I wonder if Alison is really one of his illegitimate daughters. There's just really no sexual tension between the two in the photos. Makes you wonder where her mom was in the early 70s. She is a little younger than Carmen.

Sorry to get miffy and all, but is there some reason why Robert can't sing with Alison because he just appreciates her as a musician?

Some people's children ... :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder the whereabouts of your mama and who you're daddy was.

Archived