Strange Moments with Led Zeppelin

I can think of two examples in my life...

I got the call from my best friend that he broke up with his gf after she cheated on him... I was listening to LZ II (im pretty sure it was Ramble On when he called)... but I had just listen to Heartbreaker... a little strange, IMO

but, the wierdest examle that happened to me was last when I was in a local restaurant, listening to Ten Years Gone in my iPod... and this lady started talking to my mother and they started talking, didnt pay any attention... and she looks at me and "Ben?!? I havent seen you since you were 6 years old!" at the time, I was 16 years old... so...

16 years - 6 years=10 years... gone (since she last saw me)

that moment freaked me out!

anyone else have a wierd story?

I can think of two examples in my life...

I got the call from my best friend that he broke up with his gf after she cheated on him... I was listening to LZ II (im pretty sure it was Ramble On when he called)... but I had just listen to Heartbreaker... a little strange, IMO

but, the wierdest examle that happened to me was last when I was in a local restaurant, listening to Ten Years Gone in my iPod... and this lady started talking to my mother and they started talking, didnt pay any attention... and she looks at me and "Ben?!? I havent seen you since you were 6 years old!" at the time, I was 16 years old... so...

16 years - 6 years=10 years... gone (since she last saw me)

that moment freaked me out!

yea i was listening to 10 years gone when i saw my exwife for the firstime in 12 years in 1986

After injesting more than enough of one thing or another, my buddy and I rolled up on his at the time girlfriend fooling around with another man at the Page/Plant show at Cal Expo in 1995. That was a strange and quite awkward moment.

" Hey Hey What Can She Say I want to................. all day]

snip~

yeah.... i was on jimmy page's side of the stage at a firm concert in st. louis, wearing (whatelse) a jimmy page /led zeppelin shirt. right after the bow solo and during arena shaking applause (led by ME) pagey pointed at ME, gave ME a thumbs up, and then psychically visited me. we had a chat. no time passed. the concert continued. my mind was blown.

i'm not kidding...

weird, huh?

Not like coincidence strange but kind of dealing with an adult who thinks he knows everything way.

So I was in Colorado with my dad and we were staying at my dads friend from high school's house. So we were eating at a bar and talking to people my dad's friend knew and Immigrant song starts playing. The guys all knew I like Zeppelin so one of the guys that we were talking to asked me what album it was on and I of course said 3. He then replied "NOPE! It's on Physical Graffiti!" I replied no it isn't it's the 1st song on the 3rd album. He kept giving me this crap that it wasn't and that he would know because it was generation's music. I finally just said forget it and that he obviously knew what he was talking about. (I said it sarcastically)

Pissed me off and embarrassed me cause nobody believed me.

I had scalped a great seat for the 1977 Zep concert in Houston, Tx. Didn't realize how close the seat just was. I gave it to my then boyfriend cause it was his BDay. What a stupid move!! He was up wandering around, didn't even use the seat!! I was stuck with the seat he bought, in the nose bleed section!! The only good part, besides the concert, was getting to sit with his really cute brother, and we did have 2 sets of opera glasses.

yeah.... i was on jimmy page's side of the stage at a firm concert in st. louis, wearing (whatelse) a jimmy page /led zeppelin shirt. right after the bow solo and during arena shaking applause (led by ME) pagey pointed at ME, gave ME a thumbs up, and then psychically visited me. we had a chat. no time passed. the concert continued. my mind was blown.

i'm not kidding...

weird, huh?

that must have been insane!! i wish i was alive then! ;)

as for cool zep moments, i always love putting on II or IV while reading Lord of the Rings... they fit so well together!

Not strange...just damned annoying. Got my first ever speeding ticket in 24 years of driving a couple of weeks back, I was listening to Bron-Yr-Aur at the time. Ironic really to be caught doing 10 miles over the limit whilst wistfully enjoying a mellow track like that!

Not like coincidence strange but kind of dealing with an adult who thinks he knows everything way.

So I was in Colorado with my dad and we were staying at my dads friend from high school's house. So we were eating at a bar and talking to people my dad's friend knew and Immigrant song starts playing. The guys all knew I like Zeppelin so one of the guys that we were talking to asked me what album it was on and I of course said 3. He then replied "NOPE! It's on Physical Graffiti!" I replied no it isn't it's the 1st song on the 3rd album. He kept giving me this crap that it wasn't and that he would know because it was generation's music. I finally just said forget it and that he obviously knew what he was talking about. (I said it sarcastically)

Pissed me off and embarrassed me cause nobody believed me.

I hate people like that. You should have bet him a thousand dollars & seen if he was as honorable as he was arrogant when you would have proved him so wrong!

As far as strange Zep moments, this is a sad one... Aug. 17, 1992. My 24th B-day. Got the call about 1 pm that my Grandmother passed away. We knew it was coming since the cancer had totally overtaken her by then. Anyway to make a long story short. I immediatly left work, got in the car, started it up & then turned on the radio. STH was playing just before the vocals enter.

True strory.

• 11 years later...
  • 6 months later...
57 minutes ago, RockNRollOccultist2267 said:

I was meditating to some music, and Kashmir came on... So I had either this vision or sort of a half-dream of a giant temple like structure falling apart, and Plant was there, he had wings. He dropped me because I couldn't fly.

I wish he'd drop his bandmates. 🥱

Strangest moment for me (and somewhat similarly for thousands of other people) was in 1980 waiting outside the printing plant (no pun) of a big city newspaper for it to release ticket application forms for the Zep 1980 U.S. tour (around midnight), rush the application and check to the main post office (where older workers ask among themselves, "Who is this Jimmy Page dude?"), getting a few hours of sleep before attending morning college classes the next day only to hear on the radio later on that news coming out of England was that tragically John Bonham had passed.

Edited by dpat