Green Zeppelin

KidLed

Wouldn't it be almost picture perfect if they do some shows for global warming awareness or some type of planet concert, and use the dusted off For Your Life, like save the planet For Your Life!! Its almost too good! So many possibilities for green songs: Misty Mtn Hop, (save the Smokies), Lyrics in Thank You(if the sun refuse to shine....Mtn's crumble to the sea), just a few to mention.... Got any?

I heard somewhere a few weeks ago that some promoters are planning a global warming tour in different cities around the world with different performers at each venue.

All the fish that lay in dirty water dying, had they got you hypnotized?

There probably is no global warming and if there is then it's probably the fault of the sun. It would be pointless to try and get people aware of something that really doesn't exist.

All the fish that lay in dirty water dying, had they got you hypnotized?

Lyrics which at best reflect an awareness of ecology, and never meant to promote such crackpot causes as "saving the planet". I suppose you could appropriate them for the

occasion, but then why not amend them to include a line about carbon taxation and the

death of the automobile. Call it Government Mandated Bike Riding to Kashmir.

Down by the Seaside

See all the Oil go floating

Can the people hear

What the Scots are saying...

Sing loud for the ozoned Sunshine

Pray hard for the non-acid rain

And show your love for the Lady of Nature

And She will come back again...

I think with their 100,000 watt light systems and 70,000 watt sound system, their own 4-engine jet and so on, they are hardly shining examples.

I don't need Bono telling me how I should live, or Michael Stipe encouraging me to vote.

One man's virgin rain forest is another man's jungle but give me liberty or give me death.

Roy Harper said all the rose gardens will be consumed in the final flash fire anyway :lol:

I think with their 100,000 watt light systems and 70,000 watt sound system, their own 4-engine jet and so on, they are hardly shining examples.

When was the last time they used the jet, 1979?

One concert after 20 odd years doesn't make a lot of difference.

I don't care who they are everyone wastes power or pollutes in some way everyday.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".

I've always considered preserving the health of the planet a given considering we leave it to our children and our grandchildren... but having said that, some people don't care about their children or grandchildren...

some people care, some people don't.

There probably is no global warming and if there is then it's probably the fault of the sun. It would be pointless to try and get people aware of something that really doesn't exist.

Ditto, just a bunch of liberal elitist bullshit scheme to make money off a bunch of dummies. :angry:

When was the last time they used the jet, 1979?

One concert after 20 odd years doesn't make a lot of difference.

I don't care who they are everyone wastes power or pollutes in some way everyday.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".

I was quoting the power ratings from their 1977 tour I beleive...since 1973 the band had massive shows with lots of travel, their own jets etc etc.

I'm not saying they are bad for that - it's how it was back then. But to say "yeah Zeppelin should do a Global Warming show" is a little ironic in that context, dont you agree?

Well, when the western world is all clean and green and we are all patting ourselves on the back, we can all wonder why the climate is still changing. It's not like climate has been changing since planet Earths inception, is it?

And again, when we are done with our cleansing, who the fuck is going to go to China and India and tell their 2.5 billion citizens to get "green"?

I'm thinking that a chunk of the polar ice cap storming down my street is fine 'cause then i won't have to go to the fridge to get ice for my drink. That saves energy.

I was quoting the power ratings from their 1977 tour I believe...since 1973 the band had massive shows with lots of travel, their own jets etc etc.

I'm not saying they are bad for that - it's how it was back then. But to say "yeah Zeppelin should do a Global Warming show" is a little ironic in that context, dont you agree?

There's nothing wrong with hiring there own jet to tour .what "is wrong" is the motor racing industry !!!!! There should be a complete ban on car racing /motor sports .All that fuel---carbon monoxide .All those idiots that go to watch ,car races going round and round and round and round I bet they go in 5 litre V8's and to think someone complains about A jet hired for led zeppelin to tour .

maybe they could organize a concert for something that is really dangerous, instead of something that might or might not happen in the distant future. people are dying in sudan. theres barely enough food in pakistan. the global warming guff is hardly a first priority. its just fashionable, so all these self-annointed pundits like bono etc. are telling everybody join the bandwagon, and if you don't, you're a villian.

Woah! geez, I guess I ruffled some feathers on that one! I was just trying to make a little word game on that one! Personally, I don't think we are the major cause of warming, just one factor, the planet always warms and cools, and science doesnt know squat! Maybe i should have said a concert to ummmm, help develop solar power? So I can stop spending my whole check just to get to work!!!! As far as liberal elitists go,I despise the far left and the far right, because they both live in a fantasy world! nuff said... new subject, please!!

I'm already sick of Sheryl Crows global warming crap. I'd hate to see Led Zeppelin start in on it also.

I'm sure there is someone laughing all the way to bank on this orchestrated global warming scare.

The name of that someone is Al Gore. His "green company" is set to make millions.

Archived