Four nights in Toronto?

legend1

As the story goes, more rumors on the "internets." This one calls for four nights at the dome in Toronto.

News Exclusive: Led Zeppelin Tour Toronto This Summer

May 17, 2008

Everyone knows about Led Zeppelin's reunion show in London, UK this past December. Naturally, it was both magical and nostalgic. And a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity, right?

Maybe not.

So NME confirmed late last year that Led Zeppelin had plans to go on tour sometime in 2008. Well, a reliable source just gave me a scoop on some Toronto dates. Apparently these dates will be announced shortly...but now you know.

No fancy tour of the U.S., but Toronto will have FOUR dates at Skydome/Rogers Centre this coming August. AMAZING. Hardly any bands play Skydome anymore because it's such a juggernaut of a venue and impossible to fill unless you're, well, Led Zeppelin. Or maybe Backstreet Boys.

Stay tuned for an official tour announcement, but for now start saving your dollars (cause you KNOW it's gonna be expensive) and practising your Ticketmaster skills (cause you KNOW people will be flying in from all over North America to be here) for these amazing shows.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...&comments=1

http://blog.muchmusic.com/archives/2008/05...s_exclusive.php

I'm sure it is. But interesting following the "Whitesnake" debacle this week.

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of all of these rumours. I live 40 min North of T.O. and would do whatever I could to go, but I don't believe it.

On another note, If I had any willpower, I'd take off my request for google updates on the 'Led Zep reunion' but I can't bring myself to.

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of all of these rumours. I live 40 min North of T.O. and would do whatever I could to go, but I don't believe it.

On another note, If I had any willpower, I'd take off my request for google updates on the 'Led Zep reunion' but I can't bring myself to.

There is talk of seeing Jimmy soon. How, or where, and why is not being said. Soon as June?

There is talk of seeing Jimmy soon. How, or where, and why is not being said. Soon as June?

I don't know if it was this board or another board, but someone was claiming to have taken Jimmy's picture for a magazine cover that was not being revealed.

Something is cookin. We will know shortly.

I will be at Bonnaroo this year and it was a TREAT to see John Paul Jones all over the farm last year. I am still holding out hope that JPJ had SUCH a good time, he will bring some mates to TN with him. One can dream...

I don't know if it was this board or another board, but someone was claiming to have taken Jimmy's picture for a magazine cover that was not being revealed.

It would be a big surprise to do four dates in Toronto and none in the U.S as the article says. Probably is b.s. The photograher I believe is Ross Halfin. It was done a couple of weeks ago. It may be tied in with the documentary featuring Page, The Edge and Jack White. I believe he was photographed w/o a guitar. Anyone with more info, please share! Ross Halfin wouldn't reveal what the photo shoot was for or what magazine.

I will be at Bonnaroo this year and it was a TREAT to see John Paul Jones all over the farm last year. I am still holding out hope that JPJ had SUCH a good time, he will bring some mates to TN with him. One can dream...

London...June. This is what is being said. Nothing more, yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays Home Schedule (Aug 2008)

Aug 4-10

Aug 19-24

Robert's tour runs thru July 19th and Jason has tour commitments with Foreigner Aug 29-31

Basically, your asking people to accept at face value Robert Plant has agreed to do this for no particular reason while in the middle of a world tour.

Bullshit.

Aug 4-10

Aug 19-24

Robert's tour runs thru July 19th and Jason has tour commitments with Foreigner Aug 29-31

Basically, as your asking people to believe at face value Robert Plant has agreed to do this for no particular reason while in the middle of a world tour.

Bullshit.

Nice refutation.

Aug 4-10

Aug 19-24

Basically, your asking people to accept at face value Robert Plant has agreed to do this for no particular reason while in the middle of a world tour.

Bullshit.

Now, now. Let's not let facts get in the way of rumours. As i live 30 minutes east of Toronto, i will let everybody know how show #2 went, even if the rest of the world(and the band members) didn't know it even existed.

This was posted on radio station Q107's site regarding the rumor:

Led Zeppelin at the Rogers Centre in August? bullet_post.gifPosted 5/19/2008 2:00:00 AM According to a May 17th posting on MuchMusic's news blog, Led Zeppelin will soon be announced to perform four shows in August at Toronto's Rogers Centre.

The blog quotes a "reliable source" and indicates that the four dates will be announced soon.

Really? I mean...really?

As much as I'd like to believe such a rumour, I can't buy it. Stories like this have been floating around since Led Zeppelin veterans Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones joined original drummer John Bonham's son Jason on stage at London's O2 Arena for the December 10th, 2007 Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert. None of those stories held water, so let's take a look at the facts we can be sure of to see if this is worth believing:

1) Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are touring in support of their album together, Raising Sand, coming through Toronto's Molson Amphitheatre on Monday July 14th and continuing through July 19th when they wrap things up in Nashville, Tennessee, according to Pollstar.com. The pair don't hit the road again until they perform at the "Hardly Strictly Bluegrass" Festival at San Francisco's Speedway Meadow on Friday October 3rd. At first, this would make it seem like there's a big hole in the schedule and it could happen. But why would Plant agree to play the same town just a month later with a different band? And, after being on the road since April, playing in North America, Europe and North America again, why would he not just enjoy some time off?

2) Jason Bonham, who played with the Zeppelin founders on December 10th in place of his deceased father, is currently touring with Foreigner, with a few dates scheduled in August, specifically the 22nd in Detroit, Michigan and the 30th in Atlantic City, New Jersey according to the band's website. While Bonham would be the logical choice to step behind the kit for Led Zeppelin again, other people, including Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, have offered to step in. For the sake of ease, one would assume Bonham would be the man, but is there enough rehearsal time for him to get re-acquainted with the Led Zeppelin material again? Oh, and speaking of rehearsal time;

3) The members of Led Zeppelin needed a few weeks just to get things together for their show on December 10th in London. Is there really enough time to get things ironed out for a four-night stand at the Rogers Centre?

4) The validity of this piece of evidence is questionable, but in the comments for the blog entry on MuchMusic's website, a person claiming to be Jimmy Page apologized and wrote, "(It's) just not true. (It's) school holidays in August and we never tour then."

Considering all of this information, it's highly unlikely that Led Zeppelin would pick August and Toronto to perform. They could work around Plant and Bonham's schedules, but it wouldn't provide a lot of rehearsal time to do things to the standard they claim to prefer. As much as it's possible, I just can't buy it.

Do you think there are reasons we might be missing here that make it more likely that Led Zeppelin will perform in Toronto this August? Let us know what you think!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.q107.com/EI/G/Scripts/swfobject.js">

Stay tuned for an official tour announcement, but for now start saving your dollars (cause you KNOW it's gonna be expensive) and practising your Ticketmaster skills (cause you KNOW people will be flying in from all over North America to be here) for these amazing shows.

If it was a full-blown tour it wouldn't be that expensive compared to a one-off show like the Ertegun Tribute. The Page-Plant shows in the 90s were reasonably priced. I seriously doubt that a tour will go ahead though.

GO JAYS GO !!!

The only thing I care about short term is the plant/krauss concert in toronto on july 14th !! got myself 13th row floors! all the rest of that nonsense coming from Q-107 or much music is exactly that.....NONSENSE! I have a hard time believe they will ever get back together again to tour let alone as soon as august....total B.S.

GO JAYS GO !!!

The only thing I care about short term is the plant/krauss concert in toronto on july 14th !! got myself 13th row floors! all the rest of that nonsense coming from Q-107 or much music is exactly that.....NONSENSE! I have a hard time believe they will ever get back together again to tour let alone as soon as august....total B.S.

Toronto is a great location having hosted Papal vists and Sars concert at Downsview park though the August dates are ludricous as already pointed out.

As the story goes, more rumors on the "internets." This one calls for four nights at the dome in Toronto.

News Exclusive: Led Zeppelin Tour Toronto This Summer

May 17, 2008

Everyone knows about Led Zeppelin's reunion show in London, UK this past December. Naturally, it was both magical and nostalgic. And a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity, right?

Maybe not.

So NME confirmed late last year that Led Zeppelin had plans to go on tour sometime in 2008. Well, a reliable source just gave me a scoop on some Toronto dates. Apparently these dates will be announced shortly...but now you know.

No fancy tour of the U.S., but Toronto will have FOUR dates at Skydome/Rogers Centre this coming August. AMAZING. Hardly any bands play Skydome anymore because it's such a juggernaut of a venue and impossible to fill unless you're, well, Led Zeppelin. Or maybe Backstreet Boys.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...&comments=1

http://blog.muchmusic.com/archives/2008/05...s_exclusive.php

I posted this rumor yesterday. and a source said the official announcement by led zeppelin would be announced by led zeppelin by the end of the week .My post was pulled off the news section (forum) so thanks for the repeat of rumor.

I can't wait for the NEW ALBUM (to the hindenpeter!) and world tour.

The kids will find out what a real life word-of-mouth-live-performance-knock-you-down-on-your-ass-with-a-crazy-album band really is.

Nothing will ever be bigger.

That's what we all want, there's no point denying it.

We are all willing it together, VERY strongly, willing it.... Dwindlestraws

Hyde Park, June 28th there is a listing for "Robert Plant & Friends"..

hmmm.. Makes me wonder.

Thats odd because on June 28th at Hyde Park I'll be seeing Eric Clapton!

Its the first date of the 'Hard Rock Calling' festival and Clapton is the headliner. Plant is also in the US.

Wrong date methinks!

I Googled 'Robert Plant Hyde Park June' and this came up:

London, United Kingdom

On the occasion of unveiling a Nelson Mandela statue on 29 August 2007, another concert celebrating Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday has been announced to take place in London's Hyde Park on 27 June 2008. Brian May and Roger Taylor, the remaining members of Queen have said that they will perform at the concert.[2] The concert at Hyde Park will include the following - Annie Lennox and David A. Stewart - Bill and Hillary Clinton - Bono and The Edge - Bryan Adams - Eminem - Eric Clapton, John Mayer and Buddy Guy - Jay-Z and Beyonce - Jools Holland - Joss Stone - Keane - Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Lenny Henry - Naomi Campbell - Nelson Mandela - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder finale - Peter Gabriel - Prince Charles, William and Harry - Queen with George Michael, Paul Rodgers and Robbie Williams and the west end cast of a new musical set to Queen hit songs. - Razorlight - Robert Plant with guests - Roger Waters - Sheryl Crow - Spice Girls - Sting - Tina Turner - Vusi Mahlasela - Will Smith

Accordint to http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/news_vi...px?news_id=4677 its what someone put on Wikipedia. Wikipedia isnt the mst reliable source. On Plant's site it says he's playing Berkley on June 27th.

Also, the Mandela gig is 3 hours long, theres no way you could get through all the above bands in that time. As much as I'd love to see the lineup that someone posted on Wikipedia its all total BS. Plant wont be playing Hyde Park in June.

Also, I'm sure if Led Zeppelin were headlining the Mandela gig it would be out to get people to buy tickets. I hate to burst your bubble but its Queen who are headlining, not with george Michael or Robbie Williams as the above excerpt suggests but with PauL Rodgers the current lead singer!

Plant has dates till July on his site. This does mean however that the Toronto rumour can still be possible and there were rumours last year that the mighty Zep also put Wembley Stadium on hold for all us fans in the UK for a similar time.

Archived