A curious question for all Jimmy or Rob girls!

Spacewoman

Hallo Jimmy girls and Robbie girls! I have a question which is very interesting: I would like to know, how do your husbands or boyfriends deal with your Jimmy or Rob passion?

For example my boyfriend with whom I´m already 10 years is very tolerant- sometimes so tolerant, that it is already suspicious :lol:

He knows about my fan mania because of Rob, or now newer with Jimmy. (Earlier he had to match Ace of Kiss :D). And he never told a single word! He only had some unflattering comments, but he laughed, it wasn´t meant bad (Ace- painted face with makeup, Rob- his voice sounds like an old soul lady, Jimmy- he looks like a girl- I don´t mind, he has no idea about music at all! He is totaly unmusical, but he has a lot of other awesome features. We were in Prague and I have bought a Led Zeppelin poster, a LZ sticker- he didn´t tell a word. I saw a T-shirt with Robert on it and screamed enthusiastic : Oh my God! No word... Once I have asked him: you aren´t jealous? How it is possible? And he answered: I´m not an idiot to be jealous on a guy on the other side of the Earthball, who doesn´t know you and who is already about 60 years old! He doesn´t see a concurence in those stars and I think this is awesome. He also knows, that I would never cheat on him, because I regard him too much and he means so much for me.He even helped me to download some music from internet. He takes it easy.

And the second question is: have you also sometimes a little qualms because of Rob or Jimmy? I sometimes feel like a two timer, because Jimmy gives me those romantic feelings, adventure and exciting, which isn´t so much present already in a relationship 10 years long, like I have. I imagine sometimes very, very hot phantasies with my star and sometimes I feel bad about it. What do you think, am I bad? And what about you, do you also have sometimes this problem? I have discussed it once with my best friend and she said, I should calm down, because to think about it, isn´t to make it! That it´s only in my mind. Maybe she is right. But I cannot quit Jimmy- his music makes my life a little better and he makes me happy- that´s all.

So, now I´m wondering, what will you write me about this!

Sorry for the mistakes- it´s interesting, English isn´t my native language, but I have the most blab of you all :lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine me in my native language? :D

Hallo Jimmy girls and Robbie girls! I have a question which is very interesting: I would like to know, how do your husbands or boyfriends deal with your Jimmy or Rob passion?

For example my boyfriend with whom I´m already 10 years is very tolerant- sometimes so tolerant, that it is already suspicious :lol:

He knows about my fan mania because of Rob, or now newer with Jimmy. (Earlier he had to match Ace of Kiss :D). And he never told a single word! He only had some unflattering comments, but he laughed, it wasn´t meant bad (Ace- painted face with makeup, Rob- his voice sounds like an old soul lady, Jimmy- he looks like a girl- I don´t mind, he has no idea about music at all! He is totaly unmusical, but he has a lot of other awesome features. We were in Prague and I have bought a Led Zeppelin poster, a LZ sticker- he didn´t tell a word. I saw a T-shirt with Robert on it and screamed enthusiastic : Oh my God! No word... Once I have asked him: you aren´t jealous? How it is possible? And he answered: I´m not an idiot to be jealous on a guy on the other side of the Earthball, who doesn´t know you and who is already about 60 years old! He doesn´t see a concurence in those stars and I think this is awesome. He also knows, that I would never cheat on him, because I regard him too much and he means so much for me.He even helped me to download some music from internet. He takes it easy.

And the second question is: have you also sometimes a little qualms because of Rob or Jimmy? I sometimes feel like a two timer, because Jimmy gives me those romantic feelings, adventure and exciting, which isn´t so much present already in a relationship 10 years long, like I have. I imagine sometimes very, very hot phantasies with my star and sometimes I feel bad about it. What do you think, am I bad? And what about you, do you also have sometimes this problem? I have discussed it once with my best friend and she said, I should calm down, because to think about it, isn´t to make it! That it´s only in my mind. Maybe she is right. But I cannot quit Jimmy- his music makes my life a little better and he makes me happy- that´s all.

So, now I´m wondering, what will you write me about this!

Sorry for the mistakes- it´s interesting, English isn´t my native language, but I have the most blab of you all :lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine me in my native language? :D

Your English is great, Sweetie, I know what you're getting at! I try not to let my fiance know about the lusting side of things. I think it would be too cruel. I know he's a "fan" of Alyssa Milano, and it hurts my feelings sometimes because she's prettier than me. But he doesn't rub his fan-ness in my face, so I don't rub mine in his. I use to tell him "I'm a fan of Jimmy's music only." But I was watching the Knebworth footage a few weeks ago, and during the part pictured below (the shot of him in the middle) my guy swung around to me and said, "yeah, right! Just his music!" Even he saw how hot Jimmy is. But from then on we make a sweet little game of it. He pouts that I love Jimmy more, and I have to "prove" to him that I love my guy more. It's kinda fun, actually! B)

kbcfgi.jpg

Your English is great, Sweetie, I know what you're getting at! I try not to let my fiance know about the lusting side of things. I think it would be too cruel. I know he's a "fan" of Alyssa Milano, and it hurts my feelings sometimes because she's prettier than me. But he doesn't rub his fan-ness in my face, so I don't rub mine in his. I use to tell him "I'm a fan of Jimmy's music only." But I was watching the Knebworth footage a few weeks ago, and during the part pictured below (the shot of him in the middle) my guy swung around to me and said, "yeah, right! Just his music!" Even he saw how hot Jimmy is. But from then on we make a sweet little game of it. He pouts that I love Jimmy more, and I have to "prove" to him that I love my guy more. It's kinda fun, actually! B)

kbcfgi.jpg

My boyfriend also doesn´t know that I like him "so much"- I wouldn´t tell him that because I know taht would be too much for him. Or maybe he knows it but he is considered that he (my boyfriend ) is the best thing I could get :lol: (he has such sense of humour) . He knows that I love him - and Jimmy is only such a beautiful secret sweet dream of me!

Thanks for your comment :)

It's kind of like that song, What Is and What Should Never Be, I suppose. I mean, just because you're hot for them doesn't mean they'll be hot for you. It's just for fun and the other guys know that. Besides, it isn't like they don't have their fantasies too. I mean, seriously, would you feel threatened if your husband admitted to an attraction with a famous female performer? It takes awhile, but eventually we all come to enjoy these fantasies for what they are, because we know what they're not, lol.

Don't feel guilty. Enjoy yourself - it's just a really cool ride!

The Ninth Scribe

It's kind of like that song, What Is and What Should Never Be, I suppose. I mean, just because you're hot for them doesn't mean they'll be hot for you. It's just for fun and the other guys know that. Besides, it isn't like they don't have their fantasies too. I mean, seriously, would you feel threatened if your husband admitted to an attraction with a famous female performer? It takes awhile, but eventually we all come to enjoy these fantasies for what they are, because we know what they're not, lol.

Don't feel guilty. Enjoy yourself - it's just a really cool ride!

The Ninth Scribe

Thanks so much! And you´re right, I wouldn´t feel threatened if my boyfriend would adore some female singer or actress. Because the possibility he would meet her and be with her is 1: 10000000. And so it is with Jimmy or Robbie as well! :)

spacewoman, i love your openess and honesty. im so happy for you that you have such a wonderful relationship with your partner. im single at this time, so your question doesn't really apply, but i was married about 12 years ago. my ex HATED zep. i couldn't even listen to their music while he was at home. he was a bass player too! he was, in my opinion, jealous of their talent ( who wouldn't be! ) and of course also jealous of their looks. i am 10 years younger than him, and i think he caught me looking at their pics a little too often for his likeing! needless to say i divorced him. obviously for other reasons also, but, his dislike of something that i LOVED really kind of exeplified my decision. so i am just really glad you've found a MAN who is confident enough in himself to allow you your fantasies. if and when i get into another serious relationship again, he will know from the start that i am crazy for zep, and he will like it or show him the door. thats how much they have become part of my life. they are something i love dearly, so if he loves me, he will be o.k. with it. i think that there are many, many other worse things in this world to become addicted to than the greatest musicians/humans in the world! :notworthy:

Pardon me ladies, if I may add a male perpective. It was my sweeties Jimmy passion that made me notice her. It's what brought together on the old forum. It's now been over two years since love was declared and we're as happy as ever.

And we have an agreement: She gets a Jimmy pass. I get a Jessica Alba pass. Meow! ;)

Anyway, carry on. :wave:

another intelligent man!

:lol:

He is intelligent, really. We have been together for 27 years and he was never jealous of Mr Plant. He knows better than to worry about this silly and harmless crush of mine. ;)

He is intelligent, really. We have been together for 27 years and he was never jealous of Mr Plant. He knows better than to worry about this silly and harmless crush of mine. ;)

oh yes! thats what i meant! he's my type of man!

Thanks so much! And you´re right, I wouldn´t feel threatened if my boyfriend would adore some female singer or actress. Because the possibility he would meet her and be with her is 1: 10000000. And so it is with Jimmy or Robbie as well! :)

Exactly. It's just a really cool fantasy :D

The Ninth Scribe

Same here (although mine's Jason!). He finds it all rather amusing, an endless source of light-hearted jibes. He didn't have any interest in going to Drummer Live to see Jason, but he had no qualms about me going. He told me "You go. Enjoy yourself, I know will have a great time, you deserve to get a chance to meet him" :)

Same here (although mine's Jason!). He finds it all rather amusing, an endless source of light-hearted jibes. He didn't have any interest in going to Drummer Live to see Jason, but he had no qualms about me going. He told me "You go. Enjoy yourself, I know will have a great time, you deserve to get a chance to meet him" :)

Wise man. ^_^

I've adored Jimmy forever and my boyfriend has no problems with. He doesn't need to. Not only am I in no danger of meeting Jimmy anytime soon, but, and I can honestly say this with hand on heart, I wouldn't leave my boyfriend for anyone. Not even Jimmy (the shock, I know!).

My boyfriend knew I fancied Jimmy before we got together, and it's because of my incessant banging on about him that made my boyfriend actually sit and listen to their records. I didn't think it was possible, but he could be a bigger fan than me now...scratch that. It's still me :D

It's no different from my boyfriend going on about Jessica Alba or Kiera Knightley. It's all superficial at the end of the day, 'cause I can't say I know Jimmy and he doesn't know the Alba. It's all harmless.

:D

I didn't even realise it was the same for you until I actually posted my post and read yours.

Maybe for every Jimmy gal there's an Alba guy...

well for a start,my boyfriend really does not like the zep at all :( he makes the wrip out of them :huh: and i usually only play zep music when he is not in my flat :D next week should be fun,we are getting a 50inch t.v screen and my zep dvd collection is going to look great on that :D

so the bottom line is,i dont even mention my crush on jimmy page since he has aquired his silver-white hair- :rolleyes: boy he has aged well,and robert,well i liked him best the way he looked in early 70s--coor LOL but i dont tell the boyfriend,can you imagin the hassle lol

i am a journalist and i am at present writing an article on led zeps --preseance--album,the boyfriend has offered to help type it up for me,so he is ok really,jusat dont ask him to waer flares :D

Pfft, he gets a right kick out of it. Considering I make it quite clear (even in my username) that it's only Rob from the 70s I think is hot. Jimmy was good looking kinda but he does look pretty good now. I have to say that, while meeting the boys would be cool, I would love to have a chat and a hug at the most.

Now, build a time machine and place me in front of Percy in the 70s... :unsure:

Until then, no dice, no big deal. :D

Pardon me ladies, if I may add a male perpective. It was my sweeties Jimmy passion that made me notice her. It's what brought together on the old forum. It's now been over two years since love was declared and we're as happy as ever.

And we have an agreement: She gets a Jimmy pass. I get a Jessica Alba pass. Meow!

Anyway, carry on.

Yes, that's how my husband and I deal with it, too. We have a free pass for whichever actors/actresses/guitar players/singers we are most turned on by. Of course the odds that we'll meet those people much less have a fantasy come true are slim and none, so it's just fuel for the fire.

My sweetie did recently start growing his hair long again. Now, when we met, he had long hair (and I had a bad perm), so we had a polite fiction that he was returning to his youthful look instead of standing in as a member of Led Zeppelin.

But he cut it off last week, and I knew the real jig was up because he told me I would just have to run my fingers through my own hair from now on, he didn't like wearing it long anymore. :rolleyes: (To add insult to injury, he instantly looked 15 years younger!)

And yeah, Jessica Alba is on his list! :lol: (Heck, she's practically on my list... at least we all have good taste.)

Spacewoman, you are so sweet! And I was having such sweet fun reading all the girls sweet replies and imagine my shock, there's the Evster, LOL!! Great deal ya got Ev...I know...my hubby says...."I know in a minute I'm gone if you ever meet Jimmy Page" Of course he knows the chances of that are what? The same as me getting into Heaven, Ahahaha!! Yeah, passes are good!

Spacewoman, you are so sweet! And I was having such sweet fun reading all the girls sweet replies and imagine my shock, there's the Evster, LOL!! Great deal ya got Ev...I know...my hubby says...."I know in a minute I'm gone if you ever meet Jimmy Page" Of course he knows the chances of that are what? The same as me getting into Heaven, Ahahaha!! Yeah, passes are good!

Thanks for all your comments everyone! :) I think our hubbies and boyfriends don´t need to be affraid-the possibility Jimmy would choose right me or you- ha, ha... he is adored by such a tons of women and girls that he could create his own harem- the biggest history has ever seen - :lol: :lol:

Dreamin´of him is so wonderfull... go on girls! :)

He took advantage of it.

And the second question is: have you also sometimes a little qualms because of Rob or Jimmy?

I had no qualms. I just enjoyed the music, and so did my boyfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived