Know Your Civics

Jahfin

I got a 65% :bagoverhead:

Well, it has been a long time since I've taken a lot of economics and history classes--some of the questions confused me--I didn't know what some of them were asking, and the philosophy ones just pissed me off. LOL

I got a 65% :bagoverhead:

Well, it has been a long time since I've taken a lot of economics and history classes--some of the questions confused me--I didn't know what some of them were asking, and the philosophy ones just pissed me off. LOL

Jeeze Manders I'm ashamed of you! :unsure:

Maybe you need to come to Del's classroom for some teaching?

B)

You answered 56 out of 60 correctly — 93.33 %

Average score for this quiz during June: 71.0%

Average score since September 18, 2007: 71.0%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.

You can consult the following table to see how freshmen and seniors scored on each question as part of the survey administration.

Where to from here?

Answers to Your Missed Questions:

Question #31 - A. Edmund Burke argued that society consists of a union of past, present, and future generations.

Question #36 - D. The authority of a legitimate sovereign.

Question #53 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it.

Question #54 - D. can be reversed by government spending more than it taxes.

Boo-Yah!

Little upset but:

You answered 47 out of 60 correctly — 78.33 %

Man, there were four questions where I got it down to two plausible answers and I picked the wrong ones :mad:

Ah well.

And I thoguht this was a history quiz, why so much economics?

You answered 42 out of 60 correctly — 70.00 %

Strength: American History

Weakness: Economics

The quiz obviously needed more Jimmy Page questions

For extra credit:

Name of Jimmy's book store

a- eternal dawn

b- Kashmire

c- equinox

d- uncle salty

Guitar used on the studio track of Dazed and Confused

a- Gibson EDS-1275

b- Telecaster

c- Les Paul custom

d- Stratocaster

:D That should help the score a bit

I got exactly the same score as you Steve--70%. I'm not proud of it either but it is far better than I was expecting. As usual with any test, I missed the ones I was most confidant of and answered (guessed??) correctly the ones I was least sure about.

Del, sign me up for your next course.

:lol:

I'm not exactly proud of the score I attained, but then again I'll bet most of the general

population scores far less.

You've got that correct. Most Americans do terrible on these tests. I only do reasonably well because they are multiple choice, and with only a few clues, one can make a pretty good guess based on the framing of the question. But I do have a vast resereve of mindless trivia stored up from watching a lot of Jeopardy and playing Trivial Pursuit. Just thank God there were no questions about opera or ballet. :D

But still I am shocked at how many Americans know so little about the founding fathers, our constitution and American history in general. Very sad.

Del, sign me up for your next course

Just ask Manders for directions. Class meets at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in the hot tub.

But still I am shocked at how many Americans know so little about the founding fathers, our constitution and American history in general. Very sad.

Ask the average American who Henry Knox or Nathaniel Greene are and they'll give you a face of sheer confusion, one that asks "You speakin English?"

Sad indeed

Just ask Manders for directions. Class meets at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in the hot tub.

B)

Crap!

That wasn't about Hondas... :angry:

Okay Hickory Man, tell me about the following trims:

DX

LX

EX

Hybrid

Ready...

Set...

Go!!!!!

Archived