Just got the new Mojo.....

I have a question......

HAS JIMMY JOINED THE ARMY? lol

Maybe an anti-war statement. I remember in the States when kids, hippies (and ex-soldiers) wore those during the Vietnam War.

Here are some scans

pk116-1.jpg

Thanks for scanning and posting! I quoted my favorite.

thanks knebby, great pics. the group one looks like a high school reunion pic! the writing is a bit small for me to read though, can anyone type it out? thankyou.

It's a cute pic, isn't it? Sorry but, even with a magnifying glass, I couldn't read the text. :lol:

Great photo's......

I have a question......

Where do I sign up for that army? :)

(I think it's just a fashion statement, not the first time Jimmy's worn a military jacket.)

I have a question......

It's a bit embarrassing as I wear a jacket that looks very much like that and some will now be thinking I'm trying to copy Jimmy's look. I bet his cost a couple of bucks more than mine though! :D

Thanks for posting these Knebby - I haven't bought it yet. I know I buy too many music mags but I wish they'd space them out a bit better over the month - finished Classic Rock, just started Word with Q, Mojo and Uncut already on the shelves...

Hi Knebby,

Remember me? :wave:

Thanks for the scan, I especially like the pic of JP and JPJ with their Mojo awards, they both look great. Something about JP, looks 5 years younger in these recent pics. They both look happy and relaxed, great to see.

COOL! A My Bloody Valentine story, too!

Looks like another stellar issue as usual by Mojo...one question Knebby; what's

on the cd?

The Sex Pistols issue is still on the newstands here in LA...so I can only go by

your scans, but it looks like Jimmy is wearing the same military jacket he wore

at the Foo Fighters Wembley gig, right?

Where do I sign up for that army? :)

(I think it's just a fashion statement, not the first time Jimmy's worn a military jacket.)

Exactly right, tyedye. Jimmy was quite fond of wearing American Civil War uniform items (the North, not the South) during his late 60s stint with The Yardbirds. He was actually spat upon in Scotland for wearing the German Cross during that time. Note the fatique

jacket he wears now has no discernible nation associated with it -- no country has a

singular yellow with singular black stripe flag...so clever it may have been a gift. ;)

Archived