The Dark Knight

Jarlaxle 56

Still doesn't make sense. He could be as feminine as a Playboy Bunny but to you it would be the same thing as if he were a tough dude, since women and men are the same but with different sets of genitalia. Thus the degree of femininity = the degree of manliness = you're wrong, haha

Sorry Buddy. If they were not portraying him as a superhero you would be right . if they wanted to change Iron man than you would be right.

Hi all,

ok, i'm a robert downey, jr. fan so perhaps i'm biased. anyone else see it?

speaking of comic book movies, what about hellboy2? i loved 'pans labyrinth' so i actually might go see this instead of wait for dvd.

Yes,it a good film, a good story,good acting and has some real surprises at the end.

I liked the first Hellboy,Ron Pearlman is a great.

Reviews here and here:

Harry's review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37386

KB

I too liked the first Hellboy. Although I've never heard of Pans Labyrinth I'm looking forward to seeing the sequal. I think I might rent Pans Labyrinth just to say I've seen it. Anyways, the only reason I came in here was to say I can't wait to see the new Batman movie. I used to watch nothing but Batman was a little boy and I still do love Batman. The Joker's my favorite villain from any comic, but I don't know if Heath can beat Jack Nicholson, you know?

Hi all,

Yes,it a good film, a good story,good acting and has some real surprises at the end.

I liked the first Hellboy,Ron Pearlman is a great.

Reviews here and here:

Harry's review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37386

KB

Harry Knowles thinks that every blockbuster that comes out is a singularly groundbreaking achievement in filmmaking. I'm definitely looking forward to the movie, but I wouldn't trust his opinion on it.

And I CANNOT WAIT for The Dark Knight...I can't see it at midnight because I have a lot of driving to do the next day, but I will be there opening weekend, come hell or high water.

Hi all,

damn. the greatest villian in comics-done twice! i hope i can tell the difference....

You will,trust me,you will.

A newspaper website in FL,had the first 5 minutes of the film on line,brutal,.....and make Jack look like a Lakers fan(hehehe)

KB(why so serious?)

Hi all,

You will,trust me,you will.

A newspaper website in FL,had the first 5 minutes of the film on line,brutal,.....and make Jack look like a Lakers fan(hehehe)

KB(why so serious?)

that's funny, right there...

One of the things I'm looking forward to about this movie is Harvey's transformation to Two-Face...

Nolan had quite a bit to work with on this one, but learning his ability from Batman Begins, everyone knows how hard he works to keep this genuine. I know my expectations will be met when DK comes out.

damn. the greatest villian in comics- done twice! i hope i can tell the difference....

That's debatable.

DC Comics always did have a rather limited number of decent villains. For Batman we get the Joker YET AGAIN, while with Superman Returns it was the old chestnut Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time.

Visually (on the big screen I mean), DC villains can't hold a candle to Marvel villains. I mean, how can they possibly compete with Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock on the side of a skyscraper? No wonder Batman Begins didn't even pull in half the box office of Spider-Man.

That's debatable.

DC Comics always did have a rather limited number of decent villains. For Batman we get the Joker YET AGAIN, while with Superman Returns it was the old chestnut Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time.

Visually (on the big screen I mean), DC villains can't hold a candle to Marvel villains. I mean, how can they possibly compete with Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock on the side of a skyscraper? No wonder Batman Begins didn't even pull in half the box office of Spider-Man.

almost 20 years since the joker made an appearance in a batman movie. i'll tell 'em to slow down! lol..

i respectfully disagree. doc ock can't carry the jokers' deck

....of cards. the only villian better than the joker is dr. doom.

all of spiderman's villians are whack, imho. now, jack kirby titles, that man could visually create a villian.

i'm with ya on lex luthor. screw baldie...

(although lex on 'smallville' tv series is a whole 'nother kettle of fish).

back to batman, i wish they would do a forward jump in the timeline and film frank miller's 'dark knight'. what a story....and the best villian ever: superman! (plus, joker finally dies.....

I agree, beatbo. I don't mind the Joker in another Batman movie, seeing as how it's only his second incarnation on the big screen, and the last one was 19 years ago. As it stands, Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock on the skyscraper IS cooler than Keaton vs. Jack in the '89 Batman, but if done the right way, surely a Batman/Joker showdown should be much more iconic.

I wouldn't mind if there wasn't another Superman movie for 20 more years. Superman bores me. At least with the Batman movies, even the bad ones were memorable for the sheer levels of cheese contained within them, but after 5 Supes movies, does one really stick out in my mind? Not so much...

I agree, beatbo. I don't mind the Joker in another Batman movie, seeing as how it's only his second incarnation on the big screen, and the last one was 19 years ago. As it stands, Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock on the skyscraper IS cooler than Keaton vs. Jack in the '89 Batman, but if done the right way, surely a Batman/Joker showdown should be much more iconic.

I wouldn't mind if there wasn't another Superman movie for 20 more years. Superman bores me. At least with the Batman movies, even the bad ones were memorable for the sheer levels of cheese contained within them, but after 5 Supes movies, does one really stick out in my mind? Not so much...

okay, i concede to you and mangani....the doc ock/spidy blast thru was very 21st century compared to bats/joker in 89. perhaps that will have changed this coming friday...

That's debatable.

Joker is widely considered the most recognizable and most popular villain in all comics. And Marvel has a ton of shitty bad guys to boot as well. Doc Oc isn't the most creative super villain of all time.

Joker is widely considered the most recognizable and most popular villain in all comics. And Marvel has a ton of shitty bad guys to boot as well. Doc Oc isn't the most creative super villain of all time.

I agree that the Joker is one of the most hailed villains of all time (and rightfully so) and also that Marvel has a lot of shitty villains to boot.

But, I've always thought that Marvel had the cooler villains. I mean, Spider-Man alone has a ton of awesome baddies (The Shocker is one of my favorite villains of all-time). I always hated Supermans villains...and Batmans are usually awesome but they get old after a while I think (I can only take so much Two-Face).

I dont know, thats just my opinion. I've never really been a comic kind of guy, but I know enough I think, plus I watched all the TV cartoons :P

Heath Ledger isn't playing Jack Nicholson as the Joker. He's playing the sadistic, murderous side that Nicholson's campy, comic take was severely lacking.

And that is why you who say such laughable statements about rehashed villains is wrong this time.

Much like Kevin Spacey and Gene Hackman's seperate takes on Lex Luther. Hackman was a comic relief, albeit brilliant. Spacey dove deeper into Luther's bad side and it worked because he wasn't playing Gene Hackman as Lex Luther.

I've been anxiously waiting for this movie to come out and now no one will go with me, they're very uninterested! I'll be hitchhiking to the theatre :lol:

I believe the way Heath Ledger plays the joker will be the best interpretation of the character so far. I always thought the joker should be witty and sarcastic but a very dark and gloomy villian as well and it just never translated well on the big screen, or maybe any other medium.

Hi all,

Heath Ledger isn't playing Jack Nicholson as the Joker. He's playing the sadistic, murderous side that Nicholson's campy, comic take was severely lacking.

Agreed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much like Kevin Spacey and Gene Hackman's seperate takes on Lex Luther. Hackman was a comic relief, albeit brilliant. Spacey dove deeper into Luther's bad side and it worked because he wasn't playing Gene Hackman as Lex Luther.

Hey bigstickbonzo!I'd like your take on 'Superman Returns',please,it's a off-topic here so PM,is so inclined and give your take on the film,danke! :D

KB(I never lie,Lois)

Archived