The Dark Knight

Jarlaxle 56

I've never seen such a transition before on film. I literally had to remind myself that it was him behind the makeup.

He was so damn good. It's such a shame that he died. He would have turned movie making upside-down with his talent.

28 and the ability to pull off such a role? Insane if you as me.

And yeah, best comic villain of all time. And one, if not the best roles on celluloid. Yeah, I said it.

Watch the movie and see for yourself.

I've never seen such a transition before on film. I literally had to remind myself that it was him behind the makeup.

He was so damn good. It's such a shame that he died. He would have turned movie making upside-down with his talent.

28 and the ability to pull off such a role? Insane if you as me.

And yeah, best comic villain of all time. And one, if not the best roles on celluloid. Yeah, I said it.

Watch the movie and see for yourself.

Absolutely. I remember being really excited after watching Total Eclipse with a young DiCaprio (PRE-Titanic, mind) because he could channel and steer this creative instinct for the role, and felt the same way about Heath's Joker (not comparing the performances or roles, just commenting on their impact). It was mesmerizing to the point of distraction - you just couldn't help but gravitate your attention to his character, very magnetic and chilling, and believable, not a 'wrong note' in sight.

I don't know if it's the best role on celluloid, haven't seen nearly enough to compare, but in terms of shaping and embodying a character, yeah, definitely up there from what I have seen.

How sad that instead of talking about what's to come we have to talk about what could've been...

Ho-

ly

Shit.

The best way I can say it is this:I went in to the movie ready to hate it-because of the over-hype-but walked out absolutely loving it.

It's ahead of its time and the story is beyond perfect, it's way more than any fan of the franchise could ask for. With the rise of The Joker, the beginning Two-Face and the fall of Batman. For the first time in my life, I think I found a movie where I can watch it over and over again. B)

Okay, my younger sister has been watching the first Batman movie about a million times a day this past week, because she is so excited about seeing the new one this coming Sunday. I take it it's worth the money and time to go see it? Maybe I'll tag along...

Okay, my younger sister has been watching the first Batman movie about a million times a day this past week, because she is so excited about seeing the new one this coming Sunday. I take it it's worth the money and time to go see it? Maybe I'll tag along...

Definitely worth it.

Still haven't gone to see this. I guess I better hurry.

I'd say see it as soon as possible. However, don't rush because it won't be in the theaters much longer... it'll be there for a long time. Rush because it's that good. Then see it again, and again, and again...

Definitely worth it.

I'd say see it as soon as possible. However, don't rush because it won't be in the theaters much longer... it'll be there for a long time. Rush because it's that good. Then see it again, and again, and again...

Long time Spiderman fan. Used to have to get the new comics every week as a kid.

Am I the only one who thinks this movie was waaaaaay over hyped? Iron Man was better. And I mean, it was good. Better than The Hulk. Just not as "mind blowingly awesome" as everyone made it out to be.

^^That's why I'm debating whether or not to go see it. I'm usually pretty picky about movies. I don't watch them very often.. so when I do, I like them to be really outstanding, and worth my time.

^^That's why I'm debating whether or not to go see it. I'm usually pretty picky about movies. I don't watch them very often.. so when I do, I like them to be really outstanding, and worth my time.

forget the hype. ledger takes the character of the joker to a level rivalling hannibal lecter....

Hi all,

forget the hype. ledger takes the character of the joker to a level rivalling hannibal lecter....

Agreed,that,IMHO,is a whole level of scary.The opening scene,the meeting with the mob,to having the whole city crapping it's collective pants,....brilliant.

KB

Am I the only one who thinks this movie was waaaaaay over hyped? Iron Man was better. And I mean, it was good. Better than The Hulk. Just not as "mind blowingly awesome" as everyone made it out to be.

I don't ever follow the "hype" of a movie or a video game or a band or something. That being said, this movie (IMO) was honestly one of the best movies that I've ever seen

Well...maybe. I'm one of the biggest Hannibal fans you'll find so I guess I'm biased. But yeah, I can see the comparison.

i love hannibal, too. big, big, fan.even went so far as to stage 'red dragon' for a theater fundraiser.

yeah, you're pretty much the only one. i loved ironman, too, but c'mon! jeff bridges better than heath ledger? whatever...

I'm incredibly excited to see Batman - I'm going tomorrow.

The whole Batman thing has always been a soft spot for me 'cause I live literally about five minutes away from my very own Gotham City - the original place that it was named after - Gotham village (which is pronounced GOt Ham) :D

The village is most famed for the stories of the "Wise Men of Gotham". These depict the people of the village as being stupid. However, the reason for the behaviour is believed to be that the villagers wished to feign madness in order to avoid a Royal Highway being built through the village, as they would then be expected to build and maintain this route. Madness was believed at the time to be highly contagious, and when King John's knights saw the villagers behaving as if insane, the knights swiftly withdrew and the King's road was re-routed to avoid the village.

One of the mad deeds seen by the knights, was a group of villagers fencing off a small tree in order to keep a cuckoo captive from the sheriff of Nottingham. One of the three pubs/inns in the village is known as The Cuckoo Bush Inn.

Reminded of the foolish ingenuity of Gotham's residents, Washington Irving gave the name "Gotham" to New York City in his Salmagundi Papers (1807). In turn, Bob Kane named the pastiche New York City home of Batman Gotham City. The existence of Gotham, Nottinghamshire in the DC Universe was recently confirmed in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #206 (and reconfirmed later in 52 #27), although the connection between two names within the DCU has not been fully explained.

I'm incredibly excited to see Batman - I'm going tomorrow.

The whole Batman thing has always been a soft spot for me 'cause I live literally about five minutes away from my very own Gotham City - the original place that it was named after - Gotham village (which is pronounced GOt Ham) :D

The village is most famed for the stories of the "Wise Men of Gotham". These depict the people of the village as being stupid. However, the reason for the behaviour is believed to be that the villagers wished to feign madness in order to avoid a Royal Highway being built through the village, as they would then be expected to build and maintain this route. Madness was believed at the time to be highly contagious, and when King John's knights saw the villagers behaving as if insane, the knights swiftly withdrew and the King's road was re-routed to avoid the village.

One of the mad deeds seen by the knights, was a group of villagers fencing off a small tree in order to keep a cuckoo captive from the sheriff of Nottingham. One of the three pubs/inns in the village is known as The Cuckoo Bush Inn.

Reminded of the foolish ingenuity of Gotham's residents, Washington Irving gave the name "Gotham" to New York City in his Salmagundi Papers (1807). In turn, Bob Kane named the pastiche New York City home of Batman Gotham City. The existence of Gotham, Nottinghamshire in the DC Universe was recently confirmed in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #206 (and reconfirmed later in 52 #27), although the connection between two names within the DCU has not been fully explained.

chicago is gotham, now.....

I don't ever follow the "hype" of a movie or a video game or a band or something. That being said, this movie (IMO) was honestly one of the best movies that I've ever seen

I usually don't either...but it's kind of hard when people rave about it in their facebook status, etc. :rolleyes:

yeah, you're pretty much the only one. i loved ironman, too, but c'mon! jeff bridges better than heath ledger? whatever...

Nahhhh, Heath was great! I loved the Joker, he totally made the movie. But it's not just a comparison of villains. :P Iron Man gave me the kind of kickass feeling I got after seeing 300, just not as intense. I thought Batman was good, but for me it didn't reach that level of awesome. My friend agreed with me too, strictly concerning the movie. But the whole Heath Ledger situation bumped it up a couple notches in her book.

I usually don't either...but it's kind of hard when people rave about it in their facebook status, etc. :rolleyes:

Nahhhh, Heath was great! I loved the Joker, he totally made the movie. But it's not just a comparison of villains. :P Iron Man gave me the kind of kickass feeling I got after seeing 300, just not as intense. I thought Batman was good, but for me it didn't reach that level of awesome. My friend agreed with me too, strictly concerning the movie. But the whole Heath Ledger situation bumped it up a couple notches in her book.

okay, there's you and one other person....

I'v never really been sold on the idea of superhero films, yes some of them were good but I always got sense they suffered from having to cover a subject so inhertantly silly and I'v never seen one I'd class as great. Until I saw the Dark Knight that is, seriously what an amazing film and probabley the best blockbuster since the LOTR's films.

I'v never really been sold on the idea of superhero films, yes some of them were good but I always got sense they suffered from having to cover a subject so inhertantly silly and I'v never seen one I'd class as great. Until I saw the Dark Knight that is, seriously what an amazing film and probabley the best blockbuster since the LOTR's films.

Whats so silly about comic books? I've only read a handful but I know all the stories, and I can say that most of them aren't really silly. The cartoons were silly. The Marvel Civil War is not

Well...maybe. I'm one of the biggest Hannibal fans you'll find so I guess I'm biased. But yeah, I can see the comparison.

this movie was fantastic!

not only was Ledger off the charts in this, what I liked about it the most was even with all the costumes and the super hero stigma this was a very compelling action/crime film and was well acted out. I really am not a comic mag kind of guy, and only seen it because I went with my Sister the other night who payed.....lol

even if you took away the Batman/Joker theme this would still be the best movie of the summer. (this could have been a "Dirty Harry" movie) you don't have to be a fan of the latter to enjoy this movie...

and like others have said Heath Ledger was just amazing! and he should recieve a reward for his performance.

edited to say: just make sure you prepare yourself before you go into the theatre because this movie is over 2 1/2 hours long. I had to pee prety bad the last 45 minutes or so, but for some strange reason I didn't care.... I wanted more!

Archived