Have you ever seen almost famous?

LedZep1969

The great thing about this movie is that the Zep guys allowed some of their music to be used, they must have great admiration for Cameron Crowe. I suppose they must have had a good deal of trust in him. The music just fit so well into the story and subject matter of the film. Having their music in the background made the movie feel so real, I felt like I had been transported back into the early 70's.

The great thing about this movie is that the Zep guys allowed some of their music to be used, they must have great admiration for Cameron Crowe. I suppose they must have had a good deal of trust in him. The music just fit so well into the story and subject matter of the film. Having their music in the background made the movie feel so real, I felt like I had been transported back into the early 70's.

that's cuz in the 70's, he was the only kid at Rolling Stone who liked all the big stadium acts like LEd Zeppelin and Van Halen and such, so he got a bunch of big interviews. He also wrote the note booklet in the Led Zeppelin Complete Studio Recordings Set

its a good film. it had 'thats the way' playing when they were on the bus didnt it?

Yes it's definitely a good film that I now have to see again soon. I don't quite remember the bus scene with "that's the way" playing, but I do remember them singing "tiny dancer" on the bus. That was one of my favorite parts in the movie.

I quite like the movie. Cameron Crowe could have stayed away from a lot of the mainstream 70's rock, but I suppose it's meant to encompass the entire feel of 70's music which is why he put in a lot of well-known songs. The deleted scene with SWTH is pretty cool.

Love the movie.

I've never seen the deleted scene you mentioned.Any advice on how to get a peak?

The scene with That's The Way playing in the bus is in the film "Untitled", the director's cut version of the film.

It comes as a part of the 2 disc set entitled "Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut"

Cameron Crowe's commentary for Untitled, which has about 45 minutes or so of cut footage, is endearing, to say the very least. His mom is also in on it and a few other people.

He speaks about playing the bus scene for LZ and how the approved of it and that they thought it worked perfectly etc.

Needless to say, it's a classic movie.

Archived