Plant, Krauss Extend 'Raising Sand' Tour

beatbo

from billboard.com:billboard.com

July 14, 2008 , 12:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have extended their smash hit "Raising Sand" tour through early October. The next round of dates begins Sept. 23 in Kansas City, Mo., and will wrap Oct. 5 in Saratoga, Calif.

The duo's "Raising Sand" album, released last October via Rounder, has sold 1.03 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

According to data from 17 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore, nine of which are sellouts, the tour has grossed more than $5.2 million and drawn more than 77,000 fans.

"I'm surprised at the varying of the performances show to show," Krauss said last month. "Because of the personalities within the band, it has changed the show night to night, not only the show overall but each tune takes on a different character. Everything has its own identity from night to that. That's very exciting for all of us."

Here are Robert Plant/Alison Krauss' tour dates:

Sept. 23: Kansas City, Mo. (Starlight Theatre)

Sept. 24: St. Louis (Fox Theatre)

Sept. 26: Houston (Mitchell Pavilion)

Sept. 27: Austin, Texas (Austin City Limits)

Sept. 30: Portland, Ore. (Theatre of the Clouds)

Oct. 1: Seattle (WaMu Theatre)

Oct. 3: San Francisco (Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival)

Oct. 4: Kelseyville, Calif. (Konocti Harbor)

Oct. 5: Saratoga, Calif. (Mountain Winery)

Slightly off topic but the past 18 months have been a fair mix of shows which I have attended.

Honeydrippers - Dudley

Strange Sensation - Bristol

Strange Sensation - Rome

Led Zeppelin O2 arena

Plant Krauss Birmingham UK

Plant/Krauss Manchester UK

Plant/Krauss Paris

Plant/Krauss Wembley

I am getting withdrawal symptoms here :D:blink:

Oh and before i forget heres to all the fantasic people I have met up with along the way at these shows both intentionally and accidentally

such as

Kebworthbabe

aquamarine

brpsled

nine lives

plantonic

billy

vince ( thanks for the O2)

pilot of the storm

whyalla

hangman

keepmesatisfied

allison adler

Doug Boyle

Skin

Billy Fuller

John Baggott

And if i forgot some then its just my addled brain not working to its full capacity late into the evening

Some cool , generous, dedicated lovely people out ther in the Zeppelin community.

many I can call my friends. Hopefully many more still to meet.

Slightly off topic but the past 18 months have been a fair mix of shows which I have attended.

Honeydrippers - Dudley

Strange Sensation - Rome

Led Zeppelin O2 arena

Plant/Krauss Paris

Plant/Krauss Wembley

Oh and before i forget heres to all the fantasic people I have met up with along the way at these shows both intentionally and accidentally

such as

Kebworthbabe

aquamarine

brpsled

nine lives

plantonic

billy

pilot of the storm

whyalla

hangman

keepmesatisfied

allison adler

Doug Boyle

Skin

Billy Fuller

John Baggott

And if i forgot some then its just my addled brain not working to its full capacity late into the evening

Some cool , generous, dedicated lovely people out ther in the Zeppelin community.

Quite a list ledded1!!!

I'm happy that you and others not only had the opportunity to attend great shows but to meet and establish wonderful friendships! :D Any chance you'll come stateside to attend another RP-AK show this fall?

I'm so glad about the new dates. As much as l would like to see a Zeppelin tour, as long as ONE of the members is touring, I'm happy. I just wish I could get to one though.

Oh....I hope they visit London Canada with the RS tour....

I'll keep my fingers crossed

Many country artists have visited The JLC including George Jones, Charley Pride, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride...Merle Haggard will be there in August...

Robert was there in 05 with Stange Sensation

Oh....I hope they visit London Canada with the RS tour....

I'll keep my fingers crossed

Many country artists have visited The JLC including George Jones, Charley Pride, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride...Merle Haggard will be there in August...

Robert was there in 05 with Stange Sensation

I saw that show in London, Ontario. Front Row seats. A lot of fun. Robert hit on my girlfirend the whole time while singing. He even stopped when walking off the stage to say goodnight to her. Later, I heard an interview with him talking about going to see a show with his girl when he was younger and getting stressed out because the singer was hitting on her. I thought it was classic that he was now doing that to me!

Needless to say my girlfriend was quite upset when he didnt hit on her last week at the RP/AK show in toronto. In fairness, we were a bit off to the side...

Lookin forward to Nashville I will be there tomorrow night:whistling: great diversion at present to encompass my vaca and bidness also glad they are still comin to StLouis :D let me know if anyone will be in StLouis in the fall if ya need anything. :D:beer:

Seattle---YES!!!

Anyone else going to that show? Alwizard and myself will definitely be there! :D

:wave:Count me in!! Maybe we can plan a get-together as the time draws nearer.

Hey Who is that Handsome Guy in Your Avatar that picture looks real familar to Me

LOL She had me scratching my head when I first saw her avatar......wondered if alwizard had gotten a sex change operation or something. So you are coming up from Louisiana eh?

LOL She had me scratching my head when I first saw her avatar......wondered if alwizard had gotten a sex change operation or something. So you are coming up from Louisiana eh?

Yes Indeed I have already got My plane ticket and will be up there on the 27th of September also going to the Portland Show .

I saw that show in London, Ontario. Front Row seats. A lot of fun. Robert hit on my girlfirend the whole time while singing. He even stopped when walking off the stage to say goodnight to her. Later, I heard an interview with him talking about going to see a show with his girl when he was younger and getting stressed out because the singer was hitting on her. I thought it was classic that he was now doing that to me!

Needless to say my girlfriend was quite upset when he didnt hit on her last week at the RP/AK show in toronto. In fairness, we were a bit off to the side...

Dandu:

That's a great story...but I believe Robert was looking in my direction for the whole show!!!! I wish,eh?

The JLC is a great hall,eh? I just realized I missed one other country artist who performed there...the one and only Dwight Yoakam...and I was at that show...shame on me...

Anyhow...getting back on track...to all those who see the RS gigs...I hope ya have a great time. If ya get a chance to meet Robert, Alison or T-bone...please suggest they come to London Canada....

Dandu:

That's a great story...but I believe Robert was looking in my direction for the whole show!!!! I wish,eh?

The JLC is a great hall,eh? I just realized I missed one other country artist who performed there...the one and only Dwight Yoakam...and I was at that show...shame on me...

Anyhow...getting back on track...to all those who see the RS gigs...I hope ya have a great time. If ya get a chance to meet Robert, Alison or T-bone...please suggest they come to London Canada....

The JLC is great! I spent 7 years at Western. I did my undergrad and my law degree there, but the JLC was not built until shortly after I left. When I booked the concert I had no idea what the JLC was. I was surprised by how nice it was.

I remember at the end of the SS show that Robert was a bit upset by how small the stage was. They were all crammed together doing that "Brother Ray" Jam, and Robert said "It feels like I'm at a bus stop!" Hopefully he will forget that and come back to do a RS show there.

Hi D:

I also heard that Robert was upset about the size of the stage...I had a good seat in the stands (or whatever you call it) but many of the speakers (stage left) blocked the view of the drummer...

I to am impressed that this facility has been built in little 'ol downtown London. It's a wonderful addition to the city. It also incorporates the architecture of the historic Talbot Inn. I like the fact that it can be two halls. They make a partition to create a smaller venue @ 3000 seats. A RS gig would sound good in that setting. The whole venue holds @ 8500 but they can make room for @9000 if necessary..

Here's hoping for a gig..

Juliet :wave:

Honeydrippers - Dudley

Strange Sensation - Rome

Led Zeppelin O2 arena

Plant/Krauss Paris

Plant/Krauss Wembley

such as

Kebworthbabe

aquamarine

brpsled

nine lives

plantonic

billy

pilot of the storm

whyalla

hangman

keepmesatisfied

allison adler

Doug Boyle

Skin

Billy Fuller

John Baggott

Love it! Hope the next 18 months are just as exciting for you. And, well, for me too although I'd be happy with just one-tenth of your list.

Sorry, in my excitement at the prospect of seeing RP live, I forgot to tell you what a neat story this is. A memory to last a lifetime,eh?

Yes Indeed I have already got My plane ticket and will be up there on the 27th of September also going to the Portland Show .

Look forward to meeting you & Robsmayqueen. And any other board members that decide to go; I believe there are quite a few other Seattleites here. Tickets go on sale this Saturday.

Most definitely! Why don't you PM me, and we can start planning! Also, do you know anything about the WAMU theater? I'm trying to decide whether to go directly to the box office for tix, or try the luck of the draw on ticketmaster... :blink:

I am so aggravated because I live down here they did not send Me the passwords for the presale for Seattle and I dont Know if there is a Portland Presale but either way I live more than 200 miles from the venue so no notification

I am so aggravated because I live down here they did not send Me the passwords for the presale for Seattle and I dont Know if there is a Portland Presale but either way I live more than 200 miles from the venue so no notification

Looks like there is a Portland presale, so keep your fingers crossed that I get the password for both shows. The presale for both cities is Wed at 10 am, so I'm glad you're getting one set!

Looks like there is a Portland presale, so keep your fingers crossed that I get the password for both shows. The presale for both cities is Wed at 10 am, so I'm glad you're getting one set!

Not a problem if We get the passwords We will be set.I hope We find out soon I have almost knawed my fingernails completely off.Help help help I need a password.

Not a problem if We get the passwords We will be set.I hope We find out soon I have almost knawed my fingernails completely off.Help help help I need a password.

\\

OK--we are set. :) Wish us luck everyone! (And good luck to all the other folks going!)

Archived