OLYMPICS

BIGDAN

You are quick, I'll give you that.

But the lasses in Nottingham that I knew were very good amateurs but not pro's, never charged me, never took drugs in front of me, and only cheated on their husbands.

Very nice I must say. :yay:

:lol: Sounds like a Sillitoe novel!

Robert Plant went to China in late Autumn 1997. He followed the silk route from the desert

to the borders of Pakistan: Xi'an, China > Kashgar, Xinjiang Province, China > Uzbekistan.

Perhaps there will be a return of the Tall Cool One.

I DETEST ONE-WAY POLITICS AND SHORT MEMORIES!! When the INfamous I.O.C. and America FINALLY REHAB Tommie and John FOR THEIR MORE THAN LEGIT ACT Mexico '68, THEN and ONLY then will I too say "FREE TIBET". NO, I WATCHED THE VERY BEAUTIFUL OPENING CEREMONY AND AM WARCHING THE GAMES RIGHT NOW AND TILL THE END.................VIVA BEIJING 2008!!!!!oh, there are millions out there that like me will NOT BOYCOTT the Olympic Games!!! :):):):)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics...ck_Power_salute

Mexico '68....

BLACKPOWERATTHEOLYMPICS.jpg

Viva Beijing 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEIJINGOLYMPICGAMES2008.jpg

BEIJINGOLYMPICS2008.jpg

AUSSIEBEIJINGOLYMPICTEAM2008.jpg

BEIJINGOLYMPICGAMES2008OPENINGCEREM.jpg

Oi, Oi!! Quit with the Nottingham bashing. I'm a very nice girl, I'll have you know. The town's never done me no harm *has a nervous eye twitch*

I don't take drugs in front of my boyfriend, and I don't cheat in front of him, either :D

Seriously, we're not that bad are we? :(

Alow darlin, Cockney Dan ear.

Good on ya, never did see what anyone got outa drugs, a mugs game really. I'de raaver git pissed. Not now though, not ad a sip since 1989, diet pepsi now, and I know, how boring.

Glad you don't do anything bad in front of your boyfriend because if you did he ain't gonna be your husband is he?

And if you are asking me if you lasses from Nottingham are that bad, I would have to say no, you really are that good though. :lol:

Regards Danny

Can someone give me a decent reason for why boycotting the Olympics is actually a good idea? And how it's going to do anything? I still don't understand.

One that isn't just "It's a good thing to do", because if that's you, you're stupid.

I say "Because they are all drug taking cheats that are rich professional's rather than poor amateurs. "

Then you say "No".

Not a good enough reason ah, what about,

China's Human Rights Issues.

They still execute people.

They use our Technology without paying for it.

They make replicas of many of our goods and sell them back to us cheaply, thus putting many of our own workers out of jobs.

They eat cats and dogs.

I'm only giving you what you asked for, a decent reason for boycotting the Olympics, if you don't want to watch the games find you own reason then. :wtf:

Regards Danny

Alow darlin, Cockney Dan ear.

Good on ya, never did see what anyone got outa drugs, a mugs game really. I'de raaver git pissed. Not now though, not ad a sip since 1989, diet pepsi now, and I know, how boring.

Glad you don't do anything bad in front of your boyfriend because if you did he ain't gonna be your husband is he?

And if you are asking me if you lasses from Nottingham are that bad, I would have to say no, you really are that good though. :lol:

Regards Danny

Ey up me duck.

I'm actually a very good girl. Never smoked, took drugs or strayed away from my boyfriend. Not really my thing.

Not had a drink since 1989? Well done :) It's hard to stick to something like that, especially when it's always in your face.

My grandad was a cockney, actually. Born in Whitechapel, then moved to Stamford Hill. Not really sure where they are in relation to where you are. Geography was never my strongest point. Are they rough areas?

Hi all,

I DETEST ONE-WAY POLITICS AND SHORT MEMORIES!! When the INfamous I.O.C. and America FINALLY REHAB Tommie and John FOR THEIR MORE THAN LEGIT ACT Mexico '68, THEN and ONLY then will I too say "FREE TIBET". NO, I WATCHED THE VERY BEAUTIFUL OPENING CEREMONY AND AM WARCHING THE GAMES RIGHT NOW AND TILL THE END.................VIVA BEIJING 2008!!!!!oh, there are millions out there that like me will NOT BOYCOTT the Olympic Games!!! :):):):)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics...ck_Power_salute

Mexico '68....

BLACKPOWERATTHEOLYMPICS.jpg

Viva Beijing 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEIJINGOLYMPICGAMES2008.jpg

BEIJINGOLYMPICS2008.jpg

AUSSIEBEIJINGOLYMPICTEAM2008.jpg

BEIJINGOLYMPICGAMES2008OPENINGCEREM.jpg

When you talk about Avery Brundige, and Jim Thorpe,then we can talk.Tommy Lee Jones and John Carlos,know both of them,Lee Evans?Know him too.

KB

Ey up me duck.

I'm actually a very good girl. Never smoked, took drugs or strayed away from my boyfriend. Not really my thing.

Not had a drink since 1989? Well done :) It's hard to stick to something like that, especially when it's always in your face.

My grandad was a cockney, actually. Born in Whitechapel, then moved to Stamford Hill. Not really sure where they are in relation to where you are. Geography was never my strongest point. Are they rough areas?

Gawd luv a duck,

Nice the hear it, but you are up rather late. :lol:

I gave up drinking in 1989 because I had a bad back injury doing Ju Jitsu and I said that I wouldn't drink until I could start training again. But when that time came round I didn't want to restart so I didn't, wasn't hard at all, just started drinking long drinks like "Diet Pepsi" YUCK

You and me might be related you know? My grandad was born in Brady St, Whitechapel E1.

If you go north from Whitechapel through Shoreditch, Hoxton, Dalston, Stoke Newington you will reach Stamford Hill. Whitechapel was a very rough area, and for many years the worst in London, many Jew's lived their but now it is a Bengali Ghetto, sorry to say. Stamford Hill was a very posh area, now very Jewish and rich, oi vey 'longdistancewinner' is you a little "imey" then?

Now in relation to where I live they are more Central and North, as where I live in Shooters Hill area of Woolwoch in Greenwich Borough is South East London. Use Google maps they will help you see the bigger picture.

Tell me more about your Grandad please.

Regards Danny

Gawd luv a duck,

Nice the hear it, but you are up rather late. :lol:

I gave up drinking in 1989 because I had a bad back injury doing Ju Jitsu and I said that I wouldn't drink until I could start training again. But when that time came round I didn't want to restart so I didn't, wasn't hard at all, just started drinking long drinks like "Diet Pepsi" YUCK

You and me might be related you know? My grandad was born in Brady St, Whitechapel E1.

If you go north from Whitechapel through Shoreditch, Hoxton, Dalston, Stoke Newington you will reach Stamford Hill. Whitechapel was a very rough area, and for many years the worst in London, many Jew's lived their but now it is a Bengali Ghetto, sorry to say. Stamford Hill was a very posh area, now very Jewish and rich, oi vey 'longdistancewinner' is you a little "imey" then?

Now in relation to where I live they are more Central and North, as where I live in Shooters Hill area of Woolwoch in Greenwich Borough is South East London. Use Google maps they will help you see the bigger picture.

Tell me more about your Grandad please.

Regards Danny

Well, he was actually born in Newark Street, E1, but the birth cert said it was in Mile End Old Town. Looking at a map, it's actually closer to Whitechapel, don't know if the boundary's changed or whatever, 'cause he was born in 1906.

Stamford Hill was posh? Ooh, score one for me :D

But, yeah, he was Jewish. My last name is Gold (originally Stueckgold). Was a barber, just like his dad and grandad, then moved up to Nottingham after the war. Don't know why. I've actually never been to where he lived in London as he died in 1972 and I was born in 1985 :(

What the frig is an 'imey'?

Just had a look on Google and where he lived in Stamford Hill is now considered Stoke Newington.

Well, he was actually born in Newark Street, E1, but the birth cert said it was in Mile End Old Town. Looking at a map, it's actually closer to Whitechapel, don't know if the boundary's changed or whatever, 'cause he was born in 1906.

Stamford Hill was posh? Ooh, score one for me :D

But, yeah, he was Jewish. My last name is Gold (originally Stueckgold). Was a barber, just like his dad and grandad, then moved up to Nottingham after the war. Don't know why. I've actually never been to where he lived in London as he died in 1972 and I was born in 1985 :(

What the frig is an 'imey'?

Just had a look on Google and where he lived in Stamford Hill is now considered Stoke Newington.

Hi Goldielocks :lol:

Newark St is behind Whitechapel Hospital, so it's Whitechapel not Mile End Old Town, and just a couple of hundred yards south of Brady St where my Grandad was born Cira 1905, maybe they were mates?

Stamford Hill still is posh and full of Hasidic Jews. They wont speak to non Jews or touch money that gentiles have touched, so they employ other people to serve you in their shops, you should go and see it just for the experience.

An "imey" is a name used locally by non Jews for Jews. "I'm a Jew" squeezed in to "imidegew" then called just "imey" meaning "Jew" and not at all meant to be offensive.

Need any more info then just call, Danny

Hi Goldylocks :lol:

Newark St is behind Whitechapel Hospital, so is Whitechapel not Mile End Old Town, and just a couple of hundred yards south of Brady St where my Grandad was born Cira 1905, maybe they were mates?

Stamford Hill still is posh and full of Hasidic Jews. They wont speak to non Jews or touch money that gentiles have touched, so they employ other people to serve you in their shops, you should go and see it just for the experience.

An "imey" is a name used locally by non Jews for Jews. "I'm a Jew" squeezed in to "imidegew" then called just "imey" meaning "Jew" and not at all meant to be offensive.

Need any more info then just call, Danny

I haven't had the Goldylock's one in a long time :D

Possible they did know each other. I reckon back then it was a real community, even if immigrants lived there. I know my family worked fucking hard to blend in, but they didn't let my grandad forget where he was from, either.

I'm technically not Jewish, as my grandmother wasn't and neither is my dad or mum. But, I consider myself to have Jewish blood and I'm fucking proud of that. They put up with some shit so I'm not gonna back down on that one. So, if you think I'm an 'imey', that's fine with me :D I'll take it.

And I'm always making fun of my dad, 'cause he looks like your stereotypical one. Glasses, big nose, black hair, good with money :D

I haven't had the Goldylock's one in a long time :D

Possible they did know each other. I reckon back then it was a real community, even if immigrants lived there. I know my family worked fucking hard to blend in, but they didn't let my grandad forget where he was from, either.

I'm technically not Jewish, as my grandmother wasn't and neither is my dad or mum. But, I consider myself to have Jewish blood and I'm fucking proud of that. They put up with some shit so I'm not gonna back down on that one. So, if you think I'm an 'imey', that's fine with me :D I'll take it.

And I'm always making fun of my dad, 'cause he looks like your stereotypical one. Glasses, big nose, black hair, good with money :D

Good on ya for letting me make some fun, I have Jewish blood in me as well as Irish and Norfolk, but I call me self a Cockney and I don't have any hangups about it either.

My Grandad worked for a famous Jewish fishmongers brother (Tubby Isaacs )

http://www.sublimephotography.co.uk/easten...pages/tubby.htm in Petticoat Lane Market, check out this link, http://www.jewisheastend.com/

You must be proud of your roots and family, and you have to carry on their traditions, I am one for that and totally agree with you there.

But don't let the past hold you back, my Grandad was a great influence on my life but he gave me some shit directions as to where to steer my ship, so I will end up like him, loved but poor. :lol:

Regards Danny

Let's talk about the Olympics now! Who here thinks Michael Phelps will break Mark Spitz's record? I think he has a real legitimate shot at that, and becoming the all-time winningest Olympian. I hope he can do it.

I hope he does. Records are meant to be broken and breaking this one will take quite a feat. It might actually get the games back to what they should be about,.... the games themselves

It appears the coverage will be televised on cable all night long. Would I be correct to assume these events will be live as its 12 hours ahead there? So if its 1 am est in the USA its 1pm in China?

Yes, Beijing is 12 hours ahead of eastern time.

Hi all,

When you talk about Avery Brundige, and Jim Thorpe,then we can talk.Tommy Lee Jones and John Carlos,know both of them,Lee Evans?Know him too.

KB

That was quite a day back in 68. I remember it well. Well after the fact to be honest. Saw the picture the next day on the front page of our local rag. Evans, Hines, Beamon, Even Tommy Greene set records at those games. Smith and Carlos stood out.... didn't they

Archived