OLYMPICS

BIGDAN

The 100m fly was by far, the greatest race I've ever seen. Holy shit. An Olympic record is just as good as a world record.

Not quite but a great result nonetheless.

One more can he do it?

I admire the way he has handled the pressure, so far.

The relay teams response was a little over the top, but WTF, winners are grinners and losers can please themselves! :D

BTW the Australian womens relay was a damn fine effort from lane seven!

Grant Hackett to break the world record for the 1500?

I hope so, all will be revealed on Sunday.

It's too early in the morning here, and my heart was beating ten to a dozen, but I stayed up just to watch Becky Adlington totally shit on the 800m freestyle world record.

We fucking underachieve in pretty much everything, so to see someone like Adlington go as fast and as far as she did was amazing to watch. She's made Nottingham proud and she's made Britain proud (which is a rarity) :D

The commentary team were starting to cry (men), the poolside presenter had tears in her eyes, I had tears in my eyes. It was fucking amazing to watch.

Bring on the victory ceremony. If I see our flag I may start blubbering :ph34r:

Fucking 100m world record, amazing.

Not only is he insanely talented, but he fucking relaxed 10m before the end, and still broke the record. What an athlete.

Not only the fatest sprinter of all time but the fattest jogger too

Hooray for Phelps too!

Finally,something for Baltimore to be proud of besides STDs,murders,and heroin. B)

:lol:

Well the Oriole\'s are getting better. And Spitz did set the bar. He was incredible too, we should not forget that. Track and field should be fun to watch. The girl that won the women\'s relay (from Romania, but lives in Coloroda) was very impressive.

CONGRATULATIONS MICHEAL PHELPS!!!! :):):):D:D:D

8 gold medals! The greatest olympian of all time. Bigger than Miley Cyrus, or Justin Timberlake. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Michael Phelps is a dead set freak!

Eight gold medals was not something to be achieved lightly.

To be able to withstand the pressure of a nation riding his every stroke, virtually having to win every heat and semi just to qualify for finals and qualify he did.

Swimming is a team sport consisting of oustanding athletes and canny tactical coaches.

Phelps had amazing support from his mates and the results speak for thelmselves.

Well done the Mens Swimmimg Team - USA.

Great effort and well deserved, a true champion to his sport and a credit to his country.

Carl Lewis might have something to say about that!

Grant Hackett a marvellous end to a great career three successive Olympics = 2 Gold, 1 Silver and many world records.

The Ozzie women's swim team, what can you say, consistently brilliant since Barcelona and continue the proud tradition once again in Beijing.

See ya'll in London 2012.

[see ya\'ll in London 2012.

Ok. So it\'s London in 2012. That is great. Is it Vancouver in the Winter games in 2010? And somone mentioned Chicago. Was that a joke or is it really going to be there someday?

Summer Games:

2016 (bids): Chicago USA, Madrid Spain, Rio De Janeiro Brazil, Tokyo Japan

2020 (potential bids): Istanbul Turkey,

2024 (potential bids): Beirut Lebanon, Brisbane Australia, Lima Peru, Paris France, Philadelphia USA, Toronto Canada

Winter Games:

2010 Vancouver Canada

2014 Sochi Russia

2018 (potential bids): Santiago Chile, Queenstown New Zealand

Go sport, absolutely.

Don\'t think it\'s possible to have it in a world untouched by politics, unfortunately. :(

After watching his interview with Costas, I think that Phelps will stick with sports. I don\'t think he has a shot at politics. Amazing that he still won the butterfly after loosing his vision and had to be distracted big time. I\'ll never know how they can swim that stroke. It is the toughest one in swimming.

Archived