Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

My TV was on AXN SciFi and there was a promo for Battlestar Galactica 1980 (?) going like "when (this) happened, and (that) happened" and, at one moment, it said something like "That year Led Zeppelin loses its drummer thanks to alcohol excess and disbanded", and there was a picture (the classical STH picture), with an animated silhouette flying up.

Edited by zdr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to an airplane museaum awhile back and saw this. Wow, I didn't know JPJ flew planes! :o Then I thought I would have read about that. Well, he could own it and have someone else fly it maybe. Nope, it turns out there is an ace flyer named JPJ also.

DSC00057.jpg

I just saw all Led Zeppelin official albums, tons of bootlegs and some posters in my room!! My room and my appartment are not directly Zep related, so..........

:lol:

I'm so envy you...

Didn't that logo actually give Bonzo the inspiration for his symbol?

Yeah I have read this has to be a factor as we all know how Bonzo loved his drink. But I read in When Giants Walked The Earth that Jimmy gave JPJ and Bonzo a book of magick runes and Bonzo picked this one as it symbolised the bond between mother father and son.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also seen a Simpson's episode where Flanders says something like," Well just call me, Ned Zeppelin!"

Sounds like you haven't seen the side split-tingly funny episode where Otto the metal head school bus driver drives the school bus into the ocean.

He only has enough air to say one last thing. With is last breath he says "Zeppelin Rules". I was watching with friends that were well aware of my strange LZ obsession, and it was like I was Otto and he was me. If I could die from laughing, that would have done it.

But today's LZ in unrelated places is on the Colbert Report.  I found a link to the excerpt here 

The Zep mention is about half-way through a five minute clip. Funny how Zep has gone so mainstream. Seems like the "shark episode" is Americana now. I never thought Colbert would have much to say 'bout that.

for me here is my all time zeppelin refernce. the year the rams won the super bowl they turned off all the lights in the stadium... the lights from their tunnel glowed awesome gold and blue and kashmir played, they kept that tradition for a long time, not sure if we still do, they pissed me off last few years :)

but when i saw them at home for the first ime in my life against the vikings in the playoffs, seeing them charge out to zeppelin with lasers gave me chills, luckily had a chance to light up in the bathroom beforhand just to make it more perfect!

Edited by ZosoZombie

(coment about the end of this post...her version of whole lotta love is cool cause it opens it up to a whole new type of fan base) have a listen on youtube

to the girl who says shes a magnet, my wife says the same of me, zeppelin follows me everywhere.

Also highschool is littered with zeppelin fans according to my son, far cry from the 80's when i was converting schoolmates. made over a 100 zep fans back then, now it seems zeppelin is the worlds most commecial group, replacing the beatles. I never thought I would see that, but thats life as the french say differently

also our tv refrences are incomplete, just gotta remember them, ive seen so many its not funny.

PSS the girl who sang stairway to heaven on american idol was not a contestant, look it up and youll be surprised who it was, and I disagree, she did awesome with it. the hot blond guitarist was amazing too.

steve vai and mary j blige but who was that awesome hot chick on guitar, we need to get her a band.

search youtube for it listening to it now, really listen to the whole thing, awesome r and b vibe to the song. kudos cause blige shocked me.

PS. check out her other version on youtube she also covered whole lotta love and says she was a zeppelin fan her whole life!

you cannot compare it to zep, think that blige is a zep fan, thats coolness i believe, zep is all about mixing all forms of music into one great audio orgasm, i am sure page would approve.

Edited by ZosoZombie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A man with an open shirt (bare chest) came in into my office (it was very hot outside).

For a moment, I let slip a thought about Robert. Then I look at the man's face and all the resemblance was gone..

Been watching the White Sox play in Seattle the past few nights. They play "Communication Breakdown" every time Casey Kotchman comes up to bat. Even if I'm in another room, those chords ring out.

Watching BBC 2 last night and they were advertising a history programme about the Normans in England and the Battle of Evermore was playing in the background. Kind of cool really. B)

I've noticed the BBC like to use Zeppelin tunes in their adverts. Last year, for a period drama called Larkrise to Candleford they used the riff from Misty Mountain Hop. It was quite an unusual combination.

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

on vh1 classic sometimes i watch this show called rock fest and it plays videos of bands from the 60s-80s, most of the music isnt great but sometimes they play some good stuff, but i think the play a snip of communication breakdown when it comes back from commercials

Today, while I was on my 2 hour break from classes, at the STRATA cafe in my Uni, they played "Good Times Bad Times". I initially thought that I was hearing things but it was all true....also, as luck would have it, I saw this really gorgeous guy. He was tall, thin, looked about 21 or older perhaphs, had long blond curly hair (which by the way, was left lose) and had on dark blue jeans (which were really well fitting) and a t-shirt! Hmmm...this bloke truly reminded me of a certain someone! wink.gifbiggrin.gif Yep...Robert Plant! That is until he turned around and I saw his face! blink.giftongue.gif

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Today, while I was on my 2 hour break from classes, at the STRATA cafe in my Uni, they played "Good Times Bad Times". I initially thought that I was hearing things but it was all true....also, as luck would have it, I saw this really gorgeous guy. He was tall, thin, looked about 21 or older perhaphs, had long blond curly hair (which by the way, was left lose) and had on dark blue jeans (which were really well fitting) and a t-shirt! Hmmm...this bloke truly reminded me of a certain someone! wink.gifbiggrin.gif Yep...Robert Plant! That is until he turned around and I saw his face! blink.giftongue.gif

This is too funny!! So not the angelic face of Robert:-)

This is too funny!! So not the angelic face of Robert:-)

LOL! Sadly no! Also, I know that this might sound pretty crazy, but, for a moment, I was pretty disappointed! LOL! Then, this voice inside my head suddenly asked me in a really stern way : "What in the world would Robert Plant be doing in Auckland??!" tongue.gif

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87