Voting

Hotplant

Well, I voted yesterday...since I figure it is going to be crazy Tuesday, I decided to beat the

rush and take advantage of California's early voting.

Meanwhile, while the rest of you wait for Tuesday, someone sent me this and I'm

passing it along...although you might have already seen this.

Dear Red States...

If you manage to steal the election again, we've decided

we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and

we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon,Washington,

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We

believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially

to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly:

You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You

get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states

pay their fair share.

We get Tina Fey and Christiane Amanpour.

You get Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the

Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a

bunch of under-educated single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and

anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at

once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have

kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no

purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their

children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and

hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our

resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent

of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple

and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of

America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners)

90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most

of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and

condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale,

Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88

percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care

costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the

tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern

Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh,

Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was

actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred

unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say

that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved

in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people

with higher morals then we lefties.

By the way, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt

weed they grow in Texas and Arkansas.

Peace out,

Blue States

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Love it! And actually believe it might not be far from the truth. I suspect that if McCain 'wins' this election that the National Guard better be prepared...just sayin.

Gee, I have never had to wait long at all! I live in a small suburb so hopefully I get through the line fast. I'm going before work and don't want to be TOO late! :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Gee, I have never had to wait long at all! I live in a small suburb so hopefully I get through the line fast. I'm going before work and don't want to be TOO late! :rolleyes:

Funny,most of us never complained ever having to wait. This was back in the 70's,80's,90's.

'Til next year,...

KB

We don't have the option of early voting, so I'll be doing my bit on Tues. My daughter has done her absentee ballot which I'll get to hand deliver on Monday.

We both know how our state is going to go, but we voted our conscience(s?) anyway.

Rock Action... I wrote in Colin Powell in '96 when I couldn't go with either candidate. Yes, I knew the vote would be a 'throw away', but I wanted to 'make a statement' anyway... even if I was the only one who knew or cared. B)

edited for typo stupidity

Edited by Lake of Shadows

Which state is that, Lake?

We don't have early voting either so I plan to go Tuesday Afternoon (capitalized as a nod to the Moody Blues :peace: ) Am very curious to see what the turnout will be.....every other time I've voted at this address (since 1989) there were only 3 or 4 other voters there at same time. I'm expecting more this election.

Just popping by to say:

If you can, please give rides to people you know who can't get to the polls.

Like your elderly neighbors, handicapped folks, lazy teenagers, anyone you can think of who needs to get there.

If you don't know who needs trans, call your local precinct and volunteer.

!!!!!!!!!!

I was there when the polls opened at 6. The lines looked really long, but I was done in about 20 minutes.

And I got my free cup of Starbucks; had you heard about that? Starbucks was giving out a free tall coffee today if you voted. :)

Do you believe that? Then why didnt she get picked over Biden?

i absolutely believe it...true, i wish he had picked hillary as well, but he will not pass up the influence that the clintons have...to include bill...people over here love that man and hopefully he will be dispatched as an ambassador to the world...a lot of damage has to be undone...i've traveled to around twenty-three countries since i have been here and the only country where i consistently received positive comments about america was morroco....that was the only place where everyone said "america...good country"...heck, i've even been yelled at by a few norwegians and these are about the most docile people i have ever encountered! i'm just sick and tired of being yelled at for being american...

It really is shocking and it is quite ignorant of them to mock us. What the hell do most of us have to do with Bush's decision making? Didnt they notice that half or more of the people in this damn country of over 200 millions people didnt want any part of him?

i think they realize that...

side story...was with a friend in poland while we were getting "lectured" about bush and she tells the guy, "it wasn't like i was the only person who voted for him!"(as if that absolved her)...i just looked at her and said, "looks like you're the only one here who did...this one's yours"...and i walked out...i was laughing so hard when she came out and said "thanks a lot!" :lol:

to be honest, i can't stand obama, he is a cocky, stuck up, scum bag like the lot of them, and i would rather die before i voted for a republican,

i'm so damn tired of hearing about "wasted votes" how is it a wasted vote if you vote for who you believe in, not the god damn lesser of two evils thing,

i'm one of the biggest far left liberals( if i have to use that word) I've yet to see,meet, or hear

how the hell can anyone say obama is the most "liberal" person we have had run, or Mccain shows liberal tendencies, to hell with all that, nothing will change with obama, and i'm so tired of hearing all this bloody lot of how he is the voice of change, and everyone like sheep is flocking to him, bollocks to that

Four hours ago! I hope and pray my vote makes a difference this time. Funny thing, someone tried to advise me on who i should pick. He said "Do you know we have an American hero running"? I said "Joe Biden" and he said, no...

lol, like anyone should waste their breath telling me who to vote for. As my daughter says, we want Obamo (not a typo). Time for the Bush followers to move on.

I wish i lived in America because i would love to help get Obama elected and make sure there is not 4 years of another George Bush or Sarah Palin in the White House. And this is coming from someone who has never voted in their entire life.

Edited by spats

It really is shocking and it is quite ignorant of them to mock us. What the hell do most of us have to do with Bush's decision making? Didnt they notice that half or more of the people in this damn country of over 200 millions people didnt want any part of him?

Interesting, but since our country did elect him (or he managed to get elected somehow i can't figure out) and he did ruin our relations with the rest of the world (as well as screwing us, i don't see why there's any mystery surrounding their opinion. I feel the same and i have lived here my entire life.