Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

Jimmy Buffett recently posted three entries on his website about a recent trip to the Outer Banks of NC. In one of the entries he also posted this, his rules about about signing autographs for fans:

Other than that, I feel that I am fair game and it is all just a part of the job, and I have found the vast majority of the time, fans I meet out there couldn�t be more respectful and mannerly and I do appreciate that. I still have a bit of a problem with that celebrity stuff as I do still only see myself as a beach boy, ex-altar boy from Mobile, who worked hard and got lucky and not much more. To me, it is just my job.

Thank you Jahfin and MR. Jimmy Buffett especially for echoing my sentiments of engaging with fans in public. I understand privacy as you stated in your full post above, but am SO GLAD you can still hang onto your 'commoner' status and realize we're all just people. And you seem to understand that fans like that interaction and you appear to enjoy it as well. Of course I'm talking about the respectful and mannerly as you are. I feel those Stars who lose touch with humanity and their meager 'commoner status' are sad. And those who help that by putting them on a separate plain/pedestal are sad too. Thanks again for showing us that humanity rules and when it comes down to it, we're all on that same level. Or should be.

Chin up people, eye contact people, say Hi you might be surprised. B)

*derailment no. infinite disclaimer*

I think personally there's a vast difference between giving celebrities space and respecting their privacy, and putting them on a pedestal. And I did think Mr Buffett's last two sentences were disingenuous ("aw shucks, I'm just like you common people, really, I totally don't deserve to be rich and famous, I just got lucky"--like he believes that! :rolleyes: ), although the rest was fair enough.

Thank you Jahfin and MR. Jimmy Buffett especially for echoing my sentiments of engaging with fans in public. I understand privacy as you stated in your full post above, but am SO GLAD you can still hang onto your 'commoner' status and realize we're all just people. And you seem to understand that fans like that interaction and you appear to enjoy it as well. Of course I'm talking about the respectful and mannerly as you are. I feel those Stars who lose touch with humanity and their meager 'commoner status' are sad. And those who help that by putting them on a separate plain/pedestal are sad too. Thanks again for showing us that humanity rules and when it comes down to it, we're all on that same level. Or should be.

Chin up people, eye contact people, say Hi you might be surprised. B)

*derailment no. infinite disclaimer*

Whatever, this argument is beginning to bore the crap out of me. I am sticking to the Williamson County Code of Conduct (If a celebrity wants to have a conversation with you he will start the conversation), which has served me well during the time I have lived here, and it has nothing to do with status for me. And I certainly have nothing of significance to discuss with any high-profile musician (i.e. Plant) that he would find the least bit interesting. If I want a music discussion, I have relatives and childhood friends from KY here in Nashville, playing in bands and doing studio work. I can have them over for dinner, or hang out backstage at one of their shows. I guess I prefer the company of family and friends to mingling with total strangers. But to each his own.

Happy mingling!

And I hope we get to see Jimmy Page play in 2009!!!

Exceptions would be those from New York. For some reason they seem to have a more cosmopolitan, less regional view, and are often much more approachable for me anyway. Maybe it's the live theater or literary traditions that make them seem easier, I'm not really sure.

But Jimmy Page is from England.

Exceptions would be those from New York. For some reason they seem to have a more cosmopolitan, less regional view, and are often much more approachable for me anyway. Maybe it's the live theater or literary traditions that make them seem easier, I'm not really sure.

But Jimmy Page is from England.

Why do you keep making these generalisations about New York and other cities? Some people are that way in small towns. You can't make a statement that just because someone is from a certain place, they are a certain way :rolleyes:

And yes KG - here's to seeing Jimmy play in 09!!!!

Whatever, this argument is beginning to bore the crap out of me. I am sticking to the Williamson County Code of Conduct (If a celebrity wants to have a conversation with you he will start the conversation),

And I certainly have nothing of significance to discuss with any high-profile musician (i.e. Plant) that he would find the least bit interesting.

I guess I prefer the company of family and friends to mingling with total strangers. But to each his own.

Happy mingling!

And I hope we get to see Jimmy Page play in 2009!!!

Yes, I hope Jimmy plays for us too !

Sorry you're bored with this thoughtful conversation. I'd say don't read it, or at least the boring parts, to maintain your distance and lack of boredom.

Williamson Code of Conduct ! :lol: I live in a ONE WORLD code of conduct. I see past celebrity status and the like.

I LOVE to meet 'strangers'. Actually NO ONE is a stranger to me. I know no strangers. I consider it a gift, and it has served me well.

And sorry you feel others (at least celebrities) must instigate the first contact for you. To each their own as you say, but you don't really seem to mean it. You're apparently trying to project your Williamson County Code of Conduct on the rest of the world. It's alot bigger out here than just one US state county.

Funny thing, I'm not even an aggressive person, but very personable and not only do people perceive that, I project that !

Have a nice evening, I'm sending a Led Zeppelin show to England as we speak. I love the quickness of cyber travel as well as being 'out there' in travels. :)

I'm not sure what Williamson County Code of Conduct is. I was at the airport the other day waiting for my flight to depart, and I spoke at least 12 people I didn't even know. It is nice to be friendly to people. One never knows when our paths may cross again. :D

I'm not sure what Williamson County Code of Conduct is. I was at the airport the other day waiting for my flight to depart, and I spoke at least 12 people I didn't even know. It is nice to be friendly to people. One never knows when our paths may cross again. :D

Briefly: Treat celebrities as you would anyone else. Speak if you want but do not invade their privacy. Tennesseans are very friendly, but we do not intrude on our celebrities as they are buying groceries, attending church, attending their kids soccer games, etc. Has anyone ever come up to you in the grocery and asked you personal questions or about what is going on in your career? Or wanted to talk about stuff you did 30 years ago? I can't imagine being on the "other side" of something like that. I go to the grocery in workout clothes, no makeup.

Many celebrities have chosen to live in my suburb (of Williamson County) because people give them space. Nicole Kidman recently did an interview in the Tennessean about how much she treasures her freedom to move about in Williamson county, and enjoys that people give her freedom to go about running errands, shop, etc like a normal person. We quite simply do not bother them. We do not act like they should carry on some kind of personal conversation with people they do not even know.

^ I personally treat celebrities like anyone else too. That was a main point of mine.

I talk to anyone and everyone, celebrity or commoner, about whatever the subject or fodder may be. Perceptive folks can tell if someone is inviting or put-offish, then act accordingly. Of course you don't PRESS someone if they want their moment alone, but you never know until YOU break the ice. The wonderful possibilities may open up. Why wait for them ? You might miss those opportune times of a lifetime.

Carpe diem.

Briefly: Treat celebrities as you would anyone else. Speak if you want but do not invade their privacy. Tennesseans are very friendly, but we do not intrude on our celebrities as they are buying groceries, attending church, attending their kids soccer games, etc. Has anyone ever come up to you in the grocery and asked you personal questions or about what is going on in your career? Or wanted to talk about stuff you did 30 years ago? I can't imagine being on the "other side" of something like that. I go to the grocery in workout clothes, no makeup.

Many celebrities have chosen to live in my suburb (of Williamson County) because people give them space. Nicole Kidman recently did an interview in the Tennessean about how much she treasures her freedom to move about in Williamson county, and enjoys that people give her freedom to go about running errands, shop, etc like a normal person. We quite simply do not bother them. We do not act like they should carry on some kind of personal conversation with people they do not even know.

I guess I am glad I don't live in Williamson County and have to walk on egg shells. It must be lonely at the top.

I guess I am glad I don't live in Williamson County and have to walk on egg shells. It must be lonely at the top.

I am so happy complete strangers don't walk up to me and ask me about stuff that happened 30 years ago, so I guess I belong here.

I am so happy complete strangers don't walk up to me and ask me about stuff that happened 30 years ago, so I guess I belong here.

Why would one ask about 30 years ago? All I can say is why act differently just because one is a celebrity. Are they no different than anyone else? Celebrities need to remember where their roots are, where they came from and not cop an attitude that they are more important than anyone else. They started with nothing and they can end up with nothing. :soapbox:

Why would one ask about 30 years ago? All I can say is why act differently just because one is a celebrity. Are they no different than anyone else? Celebrities need to remember where their roots are, where they came from and not cop an attitude that they are more important than anyone else. They started with nothing and they can end up with nothing. :soapbox:

Hey, you're soap looks like my brand.

:soapbox:

yep, same flavor.

I would indeed love to write a fictional acount of "The Adventures of Led Zeppelin" however that is not in the cards. My previous post about Robert doing a throw-away is totally rediculas because Robert can do what ever he wants in the biz. I believe all the members have the highest artistic integrity and have proven such over the many years. the twists and turns of the varyous reports over the last year however have left my head spinning. This of course is nothing new as my head has been spinning in wonderment of the band for decades.

On the topic of bothering famous people I did once walk up to Eddie Money and David Crosby while they were talking and introduce myself. They looked at me as if I was from outer space, David did shake my hand, I would not be so bold with mr. Page if I were to see him in public.

I had a feeling they wouldn't go through, near impossible to replace Robert Plant without stealing the singer from a Fan Band, but then it would be like trying to replace him with someone who sounds the same, which will end up in disaster.

Don't feel to bad. I was pretty shocked and heartbroken when i heard the news too.Time stood still for me when I heard the news. It only goes to prove the old saying that if it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is. Sadly enough. But, at least we never got see Led Zeppelin degraded by a replacement singer. I don't care how good he is, no one can beat Robert's amazing singing. It just cannot be done. I'm sorry.

It only goes to prove the old saying that if it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is. Sadly enough. But, at least we never got see Led Zeppelin degraded by a replacement singer.

There was never any plan to record or tour under the name Led Zeppelin or to find a soundalike singer.

]There was never any plan to record or tour under the name Led Zeppelin.

LZ (with Jason) probably didn't have any serious plans to record and tour, but I think it's fair to say that Jimmy was working towards that direction after the 02.

Archived