Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

Yeah, go on! Because on the one hand, Robert is just a second-choice midlands loser who would never have got anywhere in the music business without Jimmy - and yet on the other, he manages to be responsible for Jimmy's career these days.

Don't blame Jimmy for anything - ever!

I think it is sad that some people are so upset with Robert Plant and would use such unpleasant language to describe him. Robert Plant is a great vocalist. I guess some people have uncontrollable anger issues.

You sound like you're lumping in Jimmy and JPJ with the fans as "wishful thinkers". While it's technically true that the O2 was a one-off, I don't think Jimmy and JPJ "invented" the feeling that it might go on beyond that. Even Robert stated publically that there was "unfinished business, definitely" (Uncut interview), and teasing that, "you never know what's around the corner," with a gleam in his eye when asked about Zeppelin at the Knicks game in NY last year.

I'm not in the "blame everything on Robert" camp, but let's not act like he didn't do anything to fan the flames. Coincidentally or not, a lot of this stuff was said when he was promoting Raising Sand.

I don't know that he did. I think some were reading too muchinto statements made by Robert to mean or assume that there was a possibility of a reunion.

I don't know that he did. I think some were reading too muchinto statements made by Robert to mean or assume that there was a possibility of a reunion.

:angel::whistling:

I think Robert's words were meant to be optimistic, and my hunch is that he wished they could play and even record together again, but then something happened (managers, lawyers...?) and Plant felt he should retreat. Of course that is only my very uneducated guess, but I'm sure Rob had some real reason to opt out.

:angel::whistling:

I think Robert's words were meant to be optimistic, and my hunch is that he wished they could play and even record together again, but then something happened (managers, lawyers...?) and Plant felt he should retreat. Of course that is only my very uneducated guess, but I'm sure Rob had a real reason to opt out.

And I think his real reason was that he didn't want to do it and had never intended to do it. As myledzep said, too many hopeful people read too much into offhand statements on occasions where he didn't want to make some dramatic statement that he wasn't planning on doing the reunion thing again.

And I think his real reason was that he didn't want to do it and had never intended to do it. As myledzep said, too many hopeful people read too much into offhand statements on occasions where he didn't want to make some dramatic statement that he wasn't planning on doing the reunion thing again.

You may be right, sure. In Finnish culture we tend to take things quite literally, and a in many other cultures it's just polite to soft talk more. Then again, there is that mighty word "reunion". I believe Robert doesn't like it as John Bonham is gone, but managers and marketing people embrace it and that could have meant trouble.

You may be right, sure. In Finnish culture we tend to take things quite literally, and a in many other cultures it's just polite to soft talk more. Then again, there is that mighty word "reunion". I believe Robert doesn't like it as John Bonham is gone, but managers and marketing people embrace it and that could have meant trouble.

What I should have said was that he didn't want to perform as part of Led Zeppelin again, though I think the reason just has to do with retreading old ground, plus the band-chemistry has obviously changed.

Yeah, go on! Because on the one hand, Robert is just a second-choice midlands loser who would never have got anywhere in the music business without Jimmy - and yet on the other, he manages to be responsible for Jimmy's career these days.

Hi Knebby

Keep your hair on, "nobodys fault but mine".

Regards, Danny

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Again, I'm not blaming Robert. But Robert is an excellent communicator who says what he wants to say when he wants to say it. He was asked, "what about playing with Zeppelin again?" and he said "You never know what's around the corner," with a big smile on his face. He knew what he was doing, okay? He could have very easily said "I'll be playing the Garden with Allison in a few months so I'm here to check it out," but that's not what he said.

He also said there was "unfinished business," and talked about how much more healthy and focused Jimmy is now as opposed to the last time they worked together in 1998.

People weren't imagining things when they guessed that Zeppelin would get back together eventually. Robert seemed pretty enthusiastic, albeit with a tour commitment for Raising Sand starting him in the face.

Whatever happens, I really hope that Jimmy does something again. I would love to hear another album/tour by him ( I liked someone's idea that he do a album of duets with other guitarists). It's a given that Robert, JPJ, and Jason will be seen on stage again in their various forms but Jimmy is the mystery man. Too much talent to disappear.

Again, I'm not blaming Robert. But Robert is an excellent communicator who says what he wants to say when he wants to say it. He was asked, "what about playing with Zeppelin again?" and he said "You never know what's around the corner," with a big smile on his face. He knew what he was doing, okay? He could have very easily said "I'll be playing the Garden with Allison in a few months so I'm here to check it out," but that's not what he said.

He also said there was "unfinished business," and talked about how much more healthy and focused Jimmy is now as opposed to the last time they worked together in 1998.

People weren't imagining things when they guessed that Zeppelin would get back together eventually. Robert seemed pretty enthusiastic, albeit with a tour commitment for Raising Sand starting him in the face.

Robert also sounded a bit sad just before Christmas when he talked in Welsh radio about not joining P, JPJ, and Bonham Jr. and said that "you only get one shot at things".

He sounds like an old philosopher. Planto.

Dunno, I didn't find it very amusing when he joked about taking as much Valium as possible over the holidays, just to get through it all. Remember that this happened just a few weeks after Michael Lee had passed away, and at the time it was rumoured that Lee had overdosed on sleeping pills.

Dunno, I didn't find it very amusing when he talked about taking as much Valium as possible over the holidays, just to get through it all. Remember that this happened just a few weeks after Michael Lee had passed away, and at the time it was rumoured that Lee had overdosed on sleeping pills.

I think(and I hope) it's Robert's way of talking about his eagerness of backing to work. He is not much a person of rest and holidays.

Of course I could be wrong and where did you read that? He talked about this on the programm in Welsh? I didn't remembering read this anywhere.

Dunno, I didn't find it very amusing when he talked about taking as much Valium as possible over the holidays, just to get through it all. Remember that this happened just a few weeks after Michael Lee had passed away, and at the time it was rumoured that Lee had overdosed on sleeping pills.

There's no way Jimmy and Robert aren't reeling in grief at some level over the death of Michael Lee. They shared so many highs via their live performances and you become very tight as a unit. Michael was such a joyful player and it was great to see him and Jimmy interact in the ESP zone that comes out during improvisations. It's gotta hurt.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.....I never got the impression from any statements/comments Robert made before/after O2 that there was going to be anything happening with the quartet beyond that show. If I'm not mistaken, at the time of the O2 announcement, didn't Robert say something to the effect that this was a one time show and there's nothing more happening. As for the statement regarding "unfinished busines", it may have meant a number of things.....perhaps working together in a context not "Led Zeppelin" related....who knows.....just speculation on my part. :)

And I imagine Robert was very happy performing with his old bandmates but he was probably just as excited and focused on his upcoming project/tour with Alison Kraus & TBone Burnett.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.....I never got the impression from any statements/comments Robert made before/after O2 that there was going to be anything happening with the quartet beyond that show. If I'm not mistaken, at the time of the O2 announcement, didn't Robert say something to the effect that this was a one time show and there's nothing more happening. As for the statement regarding "unfinished busines", it may have meant a number of things.....perhaps working together in a context not "Led Zeppelin" related....who knows.....just speculation on my part. :)

And I imagine Robert was very happy performing with his old bandmates but he was probably just as excited and focused on his upcoming project/tour with Alison Kraus & TBone Burnett.

All I'm saying is that the people who thought Zeppelin might continue after O2 were not just basing it on what Jimmy and JPJ said. They were reading the tea leaves from Robert too.

I think(and I hope) it's Robert's way of talking about his eagerness of backing to work. He is not much a person of rest and holidays.

Of course I could be wrong and where did you read that? He talked about this on the programm in Welsh? I didn't remembering read this anywhere.

Ruth Jones interviewed him on BBC Radio Wales, and you probably have no trouble finding the audio, if you google those names.

And Chicago, I didn't mean Plant was disrespecting Lee in any way! Just tried to admit that those words haunted me a bit through Christmas, and I was worried alhough Robert was just joking.

I didn't interpret the "you never know what's around the corner" to mean any sort of implication he was working with Zep again. He stated that after the 02, while it was great to be with his old mates again, it was a one off thing and to do it again would have to be for the right reasons (not just to tour). We don't know what those reasons would be, hence the statement.

Unfinished business could be personal issues between them - who knows. We could speculate until the cows come home but that will likely remain between the two of them. His referring to Jimmy being happy and focused was merely being happy to see his old bandmate in good shape musically and physically.

Just my two pence.

All I'm saying is that the people who thought Zeppelin might continue after O2 were not just basing it on what Jimmy and JPJ said. They were reading the tea leaves from Robert too.

I guess I can understand it from perspective that people may have hung their hopes on statements from Robert, Jimmy & JPJ. I'm just saying is that having read all the same things, I didn't get that impression.

Perhaps we're talking about two different things; but that's just my view. :)

Ruth Jones interviewed him on BBC Radio Wales, and you probably have no trouble finding the audio, if you google those names.

Thanks. I'll try to have a listen.

Anyway he has joked about taking heart medicine before. B)

Archived