Noooooo!

ms_zeppelin94

Myles Kennedy of Alterbridge has admitted to having an audition to join but it just likely didnt work out.

But he hasn't said he auditioned to join Led Zeppelin. We don't know what the guys were brainstorming or planning at that time, but almost certainly they weren't ever going to use the LZ name without Robert.

I guess, taking all the evidence into consideration, we will just never know.

John Paul Jones said in the press that they weren't searching for a Plant "soundalike", there were also plans to record new music and tour behind it. It was Page that said they would not be doing so under the name "Led Zeppelin".

^ I personally treat celebrities like anyone else too. That was a main point of mine.

I talk to anyone and everyone, celebrity or commoner, about whatever the subject or fodder may be. Perceptive folks can tell if someone is inviting or put-offish, then act accordingly. Of course you don't PRESS someone if they want their moment alone, but you never know until YOU break the ice. The wonderful possibilities may open up. Why wait for them ? You might miss those opportune times of a lifetime.

Carpe diem.

How do all you people meet celebrities? :blink:

My school hosted All-District Band auditions yesterday and I was signing people up as they tried out, and I had some very nice conversations with the kids waiting in line. It was really nice to talk to people after being there bored to death all day.

I think it really pays off to talk to "strangers" :D

My school hosted All-District Band auditions yesterday and I was signing people up as they tried out, and I had some very nice conversations with the kids waiting in line. It was really nice to talk to people after being there bored to death all day.

I think it really pays off to talk to "strangers" :D

We don't (most of us).

That person just wanted you to think he chats to celebrities all the time. ;)

I don't think you can really "meet" celebrities too well while they are working--i.e. at concerts.etc etc..well, meet and greet/get autographs, yes, but meet and get tol know...probably not really, for the most part, it would seem to me, anyways (just my musings/opinion!).

The only celebrities I have gotten to meet and be friends with were on a day to day basis, through my work/other circumstances...not at their concerts or their "places of employment", so to speak.

All the best--

Sharon

The O2 was only and always going to be a one off show.

Media speculation propelled by some wishful thinking on JP & JPJ's part about "reforming" and touring has blown everything out of proportion.

All of us on here have been caught up in it, just read the umpteen thousand posts on the many repeated threads that even blind Freddy could see it.

It's not Robert's fault if Jimmy doesn't want to play, he and JPJ have had ample time in the past and more recently to make and record new music.

By all accounts they have chosen not to pursue it any further, while Plant has moved on to what is best for him.

If all the reports are correct and it seems they are, then that's the end of it all.

Personally I would love all of them to get together again and do whatever, but it looks like it won't happen in the near future.

If it did happen at all (with Robert), it wouldn't be until at least 2011.

Until then we all need to just get over it.

Thank you Reggie...you are one of the few who seemed to "get it". The rest of you people who kept on with your knee-jerk bashing of Plant(and also Alison Krauss) could go to hell. As far as I was concerned, you cretins didn't deserve to have a reunion tour.

I'm just relieved that Jimmy came to his senses and didn't go out on the road with that Myles Kennedy dude...you don't replace a man of the stature of Rapbert Plant with someone who is just a replacement Scott Stapp. Ugh, I shudder at the horror of what that would have been.

Look, maybe there will come a time when Robert will want to get together with the guys; until then, everybody relax and to Jimmy and Jonesy: go off and do your own thing for a while. Jones had been doing this in the past with his various projects: Diamanda Galas, his solo records, producing with REM and Butthole Surfers and playing Bluegrass festivals. I was even lucky enough to see him drop in unannounced during a Watkins Family Hour(Sean and Sara from Nickel Creek...NOT to be confused with the horrid Nickelback) show at Largo one night...amongst the musical treats was an instrumental version of "Going to California", with Jon Brion and Jim Keltner in the band as well. SWEET!

Thank you Reggie...you are one of the few who seemed to "get it". The rest of you people who kept on with your knee-jerk bashing of Plant(and also Alison Krauss) could go to hell. As far as I was concerned, you cretins didn't deserve to have a reunion tour.

I'm just relieved that Jimmy came to his senses and didn't go out on the road with that Myles Kennedy dude...you don't replace a man of the stature of Rapbert Plant with someone who is just a replacement Scott Stapp. Ugh, I shudder at the horror of what that would have been.

Look, maybe there will come a time when Robert will want to get together with the guys; until then, everybody relax and to Jimmy and Jonesy: go off and do your own thing for a while. Jones had been doing this in the past with his various projects: Diamanda Galas, his solo records, producing with REM and Butthole Surfers and playing Bluegrass festivals. I was even lucky enough to see him drop in unannounced during a Watkins Family Hour(Sean and Sara from Nickel Creek...NOT to be confused with the horrid Nickelback) show at Largo one night...amongst the musical treats was an instrumental version of "Going to California", with Jon Brion and Jim Keltner in the band as well. SWEET!

YOU don't get it, Jimmy was NEVER going to REPLACE Robert, he was just looking for someone to sing. it was NEVER to be Zep again without Plant, we ALL know this already.

The rest of you people who kept on with your knee-jerk bashing of Plant(and also Alison Krauss) could go to hell. As far as I was concerned, you cretins didn't deserve to have a reunion tour.

I'm just relieved that Jimmy came to his senses ... until then, everybody relax and to Jimmy and Jonesy: go off and do your own thing for a while.

Not everyone is bashing RP, in fact, some of us don't really care much if he tours with the Js or not. And I don't think Jimmy needs anyone's 'blessing' thank you very much; he can pretty much do anything he wants, when he wants.

I REALLY WANT THEM TO GO ON ONE MORE TOUR, just one more...

but, i understand if Robert doesn't want to, like he said somewhere between 1977-1980,

"Fate is already written. I tried to pick myself up and as I did slowly, I realized my family was way more important than the luxurious life I'd been living in Led Zeppelin."

BUT, he said in 1975,

"I realized I really missed the unity of the four of us. I realized that above everything, above the record companies, above the films, we were Led Zeppelin."

Which, kind of doesn't make any sense, because he said he missed it before he said his family was more important.

So, yeah...

BUT, this video got me thinking

I REALLY WANT THEM TO GO ON ONE MORE TOUR, just one more...

but, i understand if Robert doesn't want to, like he said somewhere between 1977-1980,

"Fate is already written. I tried to pick myself up and as I did slowly, I realized my family was way more important than the luxurious life I'd been living in Led Zeppelin."

BUT, he said in 1975,

"I realized I really missed the unity of the four of us. I realized that above everything, above the record companies, above the films, we were Led Zeppelin."

Which, kind of doesn't make any sense, because he said he missed it before he said his family was more important.

Eh? It makes perfect sense. He missed the band in 1975, however, when he lost his son in 1977 he got a different perspetive of the important things in life. Clear as day.

like he said somewhere between 1977-1980,

BUT, he said in 1975,

in 75 he said he missed the band when they weren't together, after 77 he said he realised other things were more important, whats doesn't make sense there?

regardless, whatever someone said in 1975 and 1977-80 doesn't necessarily represent what they now think, if at all. things change

Prima Donna Plant gumming it up. Oy, what do you expect from a guy who bitches about a 4 hour work day? (Since I've Been Loving You) If only my life were such a "Drag"!

I kid!!

Ok we have seen some Page/Plant collaboration. I would like to see some Page/Jones Collaboration. Perhaps an instrumental project. Surely that would be fertile ground!!!

Who's with me?

Prima Donna Plant gumming it up. Oy, what do you expect from a guy who bitches about a 4 hour work day? (Since I've Been Loving You) If only my life were such a "Drag"!

I kid!!

Ok we have seen some Page/Plant collaboration. I would like to see some Page/Jones Collaboration. Perhaps an instrumental project. Surely that would be fertile ground!!!

Who's with me?

I've always thought it's from 7 am to 11 pm. :unsure:

Anyone lights me up?

You're right, of course, but I confess to having thought for years that he was only working four hours and wondering what he was complaining about. :bagoverhead:

:hysterical:

Oh okay, at least we know now he is really a working horse. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably a good idea for Jimmy Page to explore his music in an instrumental manner as any singer he attempts to record with gets slammed and slimed. Rodgers, Farlowe, Coverdale and the list goes on.

I caught Deathwish 2 the other night on AMC and Page wrote some twisted shit for that flick. Some really great themes and melodies.

It's probably a good idea for Jimmy Page to explore his music in an instrumental manner as any singer he attempts to record with gets slammed and slimed. Rodgers, Farlowe, Coverdale and the list goes on.

I caught Deathwish 2 the other night on AMC and Page wrote some twisted shit for that flick. Some really great themes and melodies.

Don't forget Robert Plant on your list. B)

But I really really hope Jimmy will do something, instrumental or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently saw that as well. The soundtrack holds up better than the film!!

Archived