2016 NFL Thread

Walter

46 minutes ago, redrum said:

Fuckin' 49ers. That coach can kiss his ass goodbye.

LOL!!!!  The Buffalo Bills have the best differential in the NFL baby!!! Kicking ass!  Gee,.  Buffalo vs Dallas part III??   I know it's early.  I looked at the schedule and the very worst the Bills could do, if they were to lose every game vs competitive teams is 9-7.  I say they win at least 10 and maybe 11.  NE is the team we have to deal with.  We can win at Oakland and at home vs Pittsburgh.  Last 3 are Miami, Jets Cleveland.   We get Jacksonville at home also.  Wrack em, stack em and pack em!  This year we are going to the playoffs!  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Bills not only have 11 injuries, but McCoy may not play.  Watkins out another month.  Clay may be out. Woods is questionable. so we need some backups to step up to beat Miami.  We need all hands on deck for the New England game

Are you and Paul gonna wage a friendly bet on this upcoming Buffalo-Miami tussle?

Lots of teams dealing with injuries...Seattle is banged up going into Arizona. Pittsburgh's season just went south with Big Ben out. Cleveland is on their 88th quarterback. And it looks like the Jets have had enough of Fitz and is sitting him this week in favour of Geno. :blink:

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Are you and Paul gonna wage a friendly bet on this upcoming Buffalo-Miami tussle?

Lots of teams dealing with injuries...Seattle is banged up going into Arizona. Pittsburgh's season just went south with Big Ben out. Cleveland is on their 88th quarterback. And it looks like the Jets have had enough of Fitz and is sitting him this week in favour of Geno. :blink:

NO NO NO  Strider Miami does not have even close to the injuries we have.  Watkins, our best receiver is out for another month and has not played yet.  Woods is up in the air for Sunday.  McCoy, the one guy we can ill afford to lose is unlikely.  Wood, an all star Center is out.  11 guys that are starters are OUT!!!!  So do not tell me the scales are balanced by any stretch!!!!  Only Pittsburgh has more to really complain about as they have lost their star QB.  And he is all they really have to my knowledge at that position.  But as bad the injuries, we are still 2.5 point favorites in Vegas. I have no doubt we are better than Miami and we will finish ahead of them.  But this game is no lock because of the onslaught of injuries.  I think we will beat the soundly in Buffalo when we get healthier.  Assuming we do?  WE can beat them now, but it wont be  a picnic.  Our defense must play well. If they play like they have, they should make Tannehill's life miserable.  That lazy fat ass Dareus best get moving

I don't know if there will be any wagers, but the Fins stink & how the hell they beat Pitt last week is beyond me.

Is the NFL doing "Flex scheduling" already as far as the Sunday Night game goes?

Vikings/Eagles may be the game to watch Sunday--forgot who I picked in that one, but maybe I'll go for the Eagles so Mercury Morris can pop that champagne...

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Is the NFL doing "Flex scheduling" already as far as the Sunday Night game goes?

Yes Paul. New England vs. Pittsburgh was the original Sunday night game. But Big Ben's injury nixed that and NBC got Seattle vs. Arizona instead.

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes Paul. New England vs. Pittsburgh was the original Sunday night game. But Big Ben's injury nixed that and NBC got Seattle vs. Arizona instead.

I am hoping that whoever is filling in can do a good enough job to pull off the win over NE.  Hey, go look at the baseball thread!  The King is picking on our good friend ICANTQUITYOUBABE!!!!!!!:mad::mad::lol:

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Sloppy game so far in Philadelphia--5 turnovers in the 1st quarter....

Oh man   I guess your Dolphins are not going to go quietly.  TD.  We miss Woods on the offensive line today.  Lets Go Buffalo!!!!

Gillespie is a rolling!!!!

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

How do we fucking justify keeping that sack of shit Gilmore after what I just saw?  How?  Rex Ryan needs to put his foot up his ass and show him the fucking door. 

Too busy watching Raiders win. How did Buffalo blow that Miami game?

16 minutes ago, Strider said:

Longtime Raider fan here too Strider. All the way back to the Stabler days. Things are finally looking up for us. Should be at least playoff bound this season. 

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

For one thing McCoy was pulled early (hamstring).  Many starters were out.  Woods, our star Center, Woods the receiver was yanked as his injury was too much.  We have no Sammy Watkins to boot.  Gilmore sucked as usual when it counted and blew the coverage on a lucky pass from Tannehill.  I still think Tannehil sucks and is not the long term answer for the Dolphins.  If any of their fans disagree, do tell.  I stand by my  take on this subject.  We were banged up but Rex Ryan  could have been better with their selection of plays at crunch time.  They must get healthy to some degree by next week.  Get fat Dareus in the lineup, and the top pick that did play well today.  We have the New England game two matchup coming up.  I know many will say we have no shot in that game but I strongly disagree.  If McCoy is ready to rumble, we can win.  Run the ball down their throats and also have the 12th man (crowd) made it miserable for Brady and the clock.  WE can beat them again.  Do not judge the Bills on one road loss with 11 men injured.  We will make Miami pay when they come up later.  Its the first time they have beat us in 6.  We shall pay the Jets back also.  We are far from out of this thing.

I am equally mad at the Rams, actually more.  Fucking Fisher should be Fishing.   The prick has had his time and now they need to fire him and get a real coach.  Back when Georgia Frontiere, the  then  widow of the late Carrol Rosenbloom who owned the Rams when he passed away was not so quick to pull  the trigger on coach's as are the Lions.  The Rams in my opinion should pull the trigger on Jeff Fisher who is not such a bad coach but IMO, he needs a change of venue.  And the Rams need a new face.  This team is loaded with fast talent.  The  "floating duck" of a pass that resembled a throw by the old Vikes QB Joe Kapp or maybe a Billy Kilmer ball, was thrown blindly right to the Giants defender in the end zone, as the Rams failed to seal the TD from the 14 yard line with less than a minute left!!!!  Nice call Jeff!!!  The 9 hour fight home might make you think about it.  London to LA?  At least 9?

Congrats to the Eagles.  My Vikings went down today, but that's okay.  One of my best friends was a life-long Eagles fan and we lost him a year ago last week.  We always loved when our teams squared off.  We never really dug at each other, though we both wanted our teams to win.  We always complimented the other's team win or lose.  I miss him a lot, especially on days like today. Love you, Jerry.  SKOL EAGLES.

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Those mother effing Seahawks even piss me off when they tie. Lucky bastards (except for Hauschka's missed FG).

I still have not seen the final.  I know it was 3-0 at the half.  There was a tie in the NFL?  I have to go check.  That was a preview of the NFC title game unless Minnesota has something to say about it?  Minny to me is the other player in this.  Dallas and Philly are good, but I think still a year away.   What a brutal day losing to the fish.  All of those injuries worried me for good reason.  I do not know why they even tried to lay McCoy.  He is too important to mess with.  I hope we have the important guys back for the New England game. We are not going to beat them without McCoy and without Eric Wood and  the others.  Gilmore is a sack of shit.  He blows the fucking coverage and we certainly would have won otherwise.  Cut his fucking hair off

A fucking tie! What a poor excuse for a game...this is what the NFL substituted New England vs. Pittsburgh for? Abysmal.

Rick, if you think this was a NFC Championship preview then the NFC is in trouble. Personally, I think Dallas can wipe the floor with both Arizona and Seattle. For Seattle to lose that game was unconscionable...and it was indoors ferchrissakes! How do you shank a field goal indoors? :blink:

Another reason I hate ties is that it makes my life miserable counting up the football pool scores. :mad:

^^ Well, the Patriots wasn't much better either--the game I watched at 1pm was pretty pathetic too, Vikes/Eagles.

Most of these NFL games so far have been crap, which could be why ratings are down. Of course, the NFL is still king in this country & there's always time for things to turn around--maybe after the World Series is over--so I don't know if the Shield should be worried, yet....

Archived