Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

porgie66

Moonchild - Winston remasters new label?

7 posts in this topic

Moonchild (?)  Any info on who these people are? An off-shoot of another label perhaps?  They are simply taking Winston's Remasters ( which he always has said he wishes not to be sold) and pressing silver discs with artwork. I guess it's sort of a gesture that they are acknowledging him but I think they're trying to capitalize on his name and reputation for creating excellent quality fan remasters. 

Edited by porgie66

It's likely a spin off label from Lighthouse team. Do not buy these crap! They just copied Winston's work and adds some shotty looking artwork, that's all. And its price $10 .... it tells everything.

38 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

It's likely a spin off label from Lighthouse team. Do not buy these crap! They just copied Winston's work and adds some shotty looking artwork, that's all. And its price $10 .... it tells everything.

Agreed. But it's $10 from a certain seller. eBay sellers are asking $30 and up. What a fucking joke. 

10 bucks to have a copy of a Winston in a format that can't be deleted  or erased is ok with me.

MP3 is not the end all.    I'd pay 50 bucks for a Winston vinyl.

Hell, I paid 15 bucks for a Katy Perry cd for my daughter.  Hmmm.  LTE or Roar.

6 minutes ago, No Quota said:

10 bucks to have a copy of a Winston in a format that can't be deleted  or erased is ok with me.

Hahaha...you win the internet for today. Hell yes, I'd pay $50 for a "Winston-Listen to this, Eddie" vinyl.

5 hours ago, No Quota said:

Well, I'm not talking about mp3. Lossless files ripped to a cdr that you can blast on your stereo is one way to economically enjoy Winston's work for very little cost or time. $10 is fine I guess for the disc and artwork but it is disrespectful to WRs wishes that his work not be sold for profit. 

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 7:10 PM, porgie66 said:

Well, I'm not talking about mp3. Lossless files ripped to a cdr that you can blast on your stereo is one way to economically enjoy Winston's work for very little cost or time. $10 is fine I guess for the disc and artwork but it is disrespectful to WRs wishes that his work not be sold for profit.

True. But...

Like the band and their wishes of not having their music bootlegged, I'm sure Winston and every other bootlegger has their own wishes too.

It all comes down to the consumer.

If Page and Winston were worried about losing money because of me listening to some old concerts, I'm sure they would sell some recordings anonymously, or start their own label to cash in. Cough.

They won't or can't, or they have, and we will probably never know.

People who are fans will give up cash for something they truly love. If Page doesn't like it, release some nuggets, if Winnie is opposed, start a "Silver Rails" company. Either way, people pay.