Black Dog

During the solo, the video screen did this weird inverted color effect, so that anything that was black was white and vice versa. Well, every time Page came up on screen, did anybody get flashbacks to 1977 with Page in his white dragon suit? I swear, I just noticed this and I got goosebumps.

During the solo, the video screen did this weird inverted color effect, so that anything that was black was white and vice versa. Well, every time Page came up on screen, did anybody get flashbacks to 1977 with Page in his white dragon suit? I swear, I just noticed this and I got goosebumps.

Very cool effects used all throughout the show, they have used that technology better than any band to date.

I also noticed in Black Dog that Robert paused a bit for the camera. What a ham!!!

It's just before he says. I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flaming heart can't get my fill.

That is the clip that was "given" to the media just after the show for them to use on their reviews. See BBC reviews.

I also noticed in Black Dog that Robert paused a bit for the camera. What a ham!!!

It's just before he says. I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flaming heart can't get my fill.

That is the clip that was "given" to the media just after the show for them to use on their reviews. See BBC reviews.

Yeah, but he covered pretty good. (A true zepfan I am).

He was doing the ah ah, ah ah, ah ah, ah ah, aaaaaaaaah.

However he did ah ah, ah ah, ah ah oooaaah, aaaaaaaaaah.

Too frigging funny.

The worst part is that this is the clip they okayed for all to see. But they still rule!

LMFAO

Didn't RP also make a mistake during the call and response section with the audience?

The audience seemed to get it right.

I didn't hear it as a mistake. It felt more like a variation. Robert did that a lot when he sang Black Dog with Strange Sensation. Just my 2 cents (I was at the O2), and I might be wrong.

What do other people on these boards think ?

I didn't hear it as a mistake. It felt more like a variation. Robert did that a lot when he sang Black Dog with Strange Sensation. Just my 2 cents (I was at the O2), and I might be wrong.

Never saw Robert with the SS. Sounded odd to me.

I'm with you, I think he varied it and the audience didn't. Thought it was kind of interesting, had I been there I would've stopped singing simply because I couldn't repeat what he did, but the crowd at the O2 just did what they knew.

It's Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin after-all, not the Eagles or Dire Straits...they played in the moment.... not in "format" mode.

Totally agree, Led Zep live is all about improvisation. Not to say they didn't make the occasional mistake, but I don't think Robert's vocals during Black Dog came into that category.

Only goes to show that Led Zeppelin can still twist and turn a song so that it does not remain the same.

I must confess that as far as LZ is concerned I regard RP as having "papal infallibility" insofar as whatever words he is singing are by definition the correct ones!

• 3 weeks later...
Come on, people. I thought it pretty obvious that it was a mistake.

Being in the front row at the concert and watching the Third Eye DVD EVERY frickin'weekend since I got back, I can point to several "mistakes" during the show. However, Plant's ad libbed "Ohhhh's" during "Black Dog" was no more a "mistake" than his multiple "lonely's" at the end of "Rock and Roll". Sorry, but just as is Plant's perogative, he decided to change things up a bit!

He also didn't say "Does anybody remember laughter?" during "Stairway" (the crowd up front did it for him though- hilarious moment). Was that a "mistake" too?????

I can point to several "mistakes" during the show. However, Plant's ad libbed "Ohhhh's" during "Black Dog" was no more a "mistake" than his multiple "lonely's" at the end of "Rock and Roll". Sorry, but just as is Plant's perogative, he decided to change things up a bit!

Agreed. I just re-watched the DVD yesterday, and Robert was just doing his thing.

• 1 month later...

This situation is nothing more than classic Robert. When the fans are in the mix, he likes to catch them off guard/keep them on their toes.

Honestly, Plant forgot the lyrics to Black Dog? Really?

My 6 year old can nail that part every time, and he didn't even sing it on tour every day for 6 years. B)

Archived