Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JTM

Yardbirds '68 out Nov 5th

11 hours ago, drpete said:

There's a YouTube with vocals from Keith Relf. A part which is same as Tangerine 

Yes I've seen it before. I hope he hasn't wiped the vocal from the official release.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, drpete said:

Second verse is pretty close to the Zeppelin III version.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:58 AM, John M said:

I also hope Jimmy left in some of Relf's commentary such as these gems.

"This next piece features Jimmy, completely.  I thought you'd like that, so I'll just wander off  and leave the whole stage to Jimmy Page."

"When we released this song people said we could never, ever recreate the solo part on stage.  Well, we have a very good try at least, Jimmy, magic fingers, the grand sorcerer of the magic guitar - Shapes of Things!"

"The guitar is being tuned down, for those of you interested in how sounds are 'got'."

"This is a very, very recognizable hit.  I'd like you to join in if you can, where you can shout the appropriate 'heys', you'll soon know where - I'll tell you.  It starts like this."

Then after the song he says "Nostalgia" for a TWO YEAR OLD SONG

You raise a good point, I do hope Jimmy has not been editing the songs as well for our "listening pleasure"......

I would have went for the groovy box set, until I saw the price..... which is rather more than I was expecting, a lot more.

Looking forward to hearing this release.

New promotional video for Yardbirds '68 

R😎

I hope everything is great but the original release Keith is often out of tune or key, halfway thru the show I usually start getting irritated. His comments are very interesting, and his style is a bit unique. I wonder how much meddling Jimmy

will do with Relf's performance, use Autotune ? Hopefully Jimmy will be fine with his original performance, a winner,

please no overdubs or heavily doctored solos. Right, the LA show is a step up, Relf is good and Jimmy is even more

cranking than the Anderson Theatre. But no amount of studio trickery can shape that boot into a "official" release.

Not by Jimmy, anyway.

4 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

I hope everything is great but the original release Keith is often out of tune or key, halfway thru the show I usually start getting irritated. His comments are very interesting, and his style is a bit unique. I wonder how much meddling Jimmy

will do with Relf's performance, use Autotune ? Hopefully Jimmy will be fine with his original performance, a winner,

please no overdubs or heavily doctored solos. Right, the LA show is a step up, Relf is good and Jimmy is even more

cranking than the Anderson Theatre. But no amount of studio trickery can shape that boot into a "official" release.

Not by Jimmy, anyway.

I agree - the snippet sounds great, and the very small vocal bits seem well-balanced in the mix, and if I am hearing correctly might also have had a touch of reverb added, though I can't be sure. But yes, the big question is whether Relf's rather dire and often out of tune vocals have been left warts-and-all, or have been sweetened (via reverb and/or autotone).

It's nice to see Chris Dreja in that promo video. Since his stroke he's been out of the public eye.

Good to see that both McCarty and Dreja seem to have had some input into the project.