Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
gibsonfan159

I'm calling it- On January 12th, I think Page will announce a release date for a new live album.

2 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Doubtful...

Just thought I'd let everyone know, a stranger on the street just handed me the soundboards for LA 77. I'll get back with you later.

On 21 oktober 2018 at 12:55 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Just thought I'd let everyone know, a stranger on the street just handed me the soundboards for LA 77. I'll get back with you later.

😄

hahahaa - see you after a few months Gibsonfan159. Try not to completely wear out your eardrums!

On 10/16/2018 at 7:41 AM, duckman said:

The remaining multitracks have already being transferred to digital, cleaned up and mixed prior to the release of DVD/HTWWW

Transferred to digital files, yes... but mixed already?  I doubt it...

I admire the OPs optimism but personally I don’t think there’s much chance of anything else being released January or at  any other time. Given Jimmy’s abrupt response when questioned recently on a reunion, he sounds to me like he’s done and dusted.  Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt I am. 

3 hours ago, Paganini said:

I admire the OPs optimism but personally I don’t think there’s much chance of anything else being released January or at  any other time. Given Jimmy’s abrupt response when questioned recently on a reunion, he sounds to me like he’s done and dusted.  Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt I am. 

That was about specifically a reunion though, not further releases. He did say there was another multitrack in the pipeline with "a different view of the band" and I'm holding him to that...!

There must be more releases. But it will be in Jimmy Page time, not normal human time.

26 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Any word on this one yet?

It turned out that it's from 1969/3/15.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

It turned out that it's from 1969/3/15.

With that plus the debunking of the Boston 29/01/69 tape it's not been a great day, tape-wise 😶

James wants to be very careful with his legacy.

Like that girl in class who was the ultimate hold out 

by the time she was ready nobody was interested anymore.

Page is overconfident of his brand, clock ticking, customer base ageing

Pretty soon nobody buying.

3 hours ago, andrew r said:

James wants to be very careful with his legacy.

Like that girl in class who was the ultimate hold out 

by the time she was ready nobody was interested anymore.

Page is overconfident of his brand, clock ticking, customer base ageing

Pretty soon nobody buying.

I get your point, but the day when nobody's buying Zeppelin is a long way away. Page knows that. I also suspect there was more planned for this year, but band disagreements pushed things back.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

I get your point, but the day when nobody's buying Zeppelin is a long way away. Page knows that. I also suspect there was more planned for this year, but band disagreements pushed things back.

I agree not nobody,  but enough people , to not have the sale volumes these projects require.

Look at the careful way the Beatles back catalogue is handled .As a result every release sells.

Through a collective band ennui and bad decisions (trsts, the book with hardly any commentary

too many interviews that say nothing) the head of steam built up since dvd and the o2 is being squandered.

My 2 cents only .

6 hours ago, andrew r said:

I agree not nobody,  but enough people , to not have the sale volumes these projects require.

Look at the careful way the Beatles back catalogue is handled .As a result every release sells.

Through a collective band ennui and bad decisions (trsts, the book with hardly any commentary

too many interviews that say nothing) the head of steam built up since dvd and the o2 is being squandered.

My 2 cents only .

I think Jimmy Page runs the risk of losing credibility for suggesting too much. In interviews, he spoke about all manner of surprises (or something to that effect) for the 50th anniversary of the band. The anniversary has been underwhelming and disappointing, in my opinion. The re-release of TSRTS, and a photo album weren't much to get too excited about, and fell a bit short in terms of what Page implied in his earlier statements. Maybe it's just me.

I think the Fall of 2018 was a missed opportunity, I was hoping for a live recording from 1968, but that seems like a pipe dream, but then again, perhaps Page will surprise the fans in January 2019 with something that truly can be called a "surprise" for the band's anniversary.

Edited by mysticman560

I guess 2019 will be the year for any zep releases...

In regards to 2018, the whole catalogue was just rereleased...so from a marketing standpoint, i guess the photo book makes sense.