Happy St. Patrick's Day!

JimmyPageZoSo56

James Patrick Page is part-Irish! Many important & beloved rock musicians are the spawn of Irish immigrants: Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Kate Bush (her mum is from Ireland & Kate did a lovely version of the trad Irish tune "Women of Ireland/Mna Na H'Eireann" in the 90's); Jon Anderson of Yes, every one of The Smiths, nearly everyone in Oasis, Echo & the Bunnymen, etc.

P.S. I know you're just kidding

Sinead doing a barn-burning rendition of "Óró 's é do bheatha 'bhaile":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRj-ejoJaM&feature=related

Top O' the mornin' to all my Led Zeppelin friends. May luck find you as you find your way through the day.

Put my corned beef in the crock this morning and will cook the cabbage and potatos tonight and serve with rye bread. Mmmmm!

I broke down and cooked it. Best brisket I have ever had!! Cooked it for four hours.

I broke down and cooked it. Best brisket I have ever had!! Cooked it for four hours.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all. Had my green on today and ate the traditional corn beef and cabbage. Deeelicious!

To me it just seems like an excuse for public drunkenness and debauchery, which I'll never see the appeal of. I like having a good time as much as the next person, but too many people take it too far. I don't go out on St. Patrick's Day, the same as I don't on New Year's Eve. Being around all those drunks? Ugh.

To me it just seems like an excuse for public drunkenness and debauchery, which I'll never see the appeal of. I like having a good time as much as the next person, but too many people take it too far. I don't go out on St. Patrick's Day, the same as I don't on New Year's Eve. Being around all those drunks? Ugh.

Dunno what the hell you're on about.....have been drinking a little, eh???!...only joking :):):):)

We don't go out either, we just celebrate by wearing green :) We ended up having baked pasta for dinner last night too, the kids won't eat corned beef

:(

I hardly drink anymore. The day is about celebrating one's Irish heritage, however one chooses to do that. I'd agree that throngs of drunks in the street is not a great way of representin' our culture.

• 11 months later...

Top o' the morning to you all. Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Don't forget your green.

I will be celebrating by have a traditional......um....chinese dinner with friends. I actually made these plans before I realized that today was St. Pats Day. Will be having our corn beef and cabbage tomarrow.

Archived