Question about the song The Crunge?

There is no way that it could have been anyone else in the band. It doesn't sound like anyone else in the band outside of Robert and outside of Battle of Evermore and maybe Kashmir Zeppelin never brought in outside musicians.

There is no way that it could have been anyone else in the band. It doesn't sound like anyone else in the band outside of Robert and outside of Battle of Evermore and maybe Kashmir Zeppelin never brought in outside musicians.

Where's that confounded Steve A Jones?

Anyone with ears can hear that it's Robert if they listen well enough.

You don't need SAJ. What can he tell you that others can't? We've all said that it's Robert - why isn't that a good enough answer?

Some people have an axe to grind me thinks.

I think jabe was kidding. :D

Thanks my friend! I was most assuredly attempting a little levity. You're the princess of this forum in my book.

I think it sounds a lot like Robert, comparing some of the times I've heard him talking and not singing that is. There is a bit of satire in his voice to so it does not sound exactly like him and I think he is referring to the bridge of the song being lost. Maybe that was not the only take and he got lost on where to come back in (start singing after a solo or near the bridge) on another try and said that and they thought it would be cool (in a funny way) to end the song abruptly with him saying that.

I could be wrong but it comes over like that.

Not sure about any :smileyquote: outsiders :smileyquote: on Kashmir, please explain?

But.....

Viram Jasani played Tabla Drums on Black Mountainside, LZI.

Ian Stewart (though not credited or given a rune) played Piano on Rock and Roll, LZVI and Boogie with Stu, PG.

Back to topic, if it wasn't Robert it must've been Peter Grant! :unsure:

Not sure about any :smileyquote: outsiders :smileyquote: on Kashmir, please explain?

But.....

Viram Jasani played Tabla Drums on Black Mountainside, LZI.

Ian Stewart (though not credited or given a rune) played Piano on Rock and Roll, LZVI and Boogie with Stu, PG.

Back to topic, if it wasn't Robert it must've been Peter Grant! :unsure:

I think I've read they've had a small orchestra come in on Kashmir, but I don't know if I'm 100% right on that. Frogt about Stu.

Anyone with ears can hear that it's Robert if they listen well enough.

You don't need SAJ. What can he tell you that others can't? We've all said that it's Robert - why isn't that a good enough answer?

Of course it is, you can also hear him use the exact same voice in some of the '75 encores where they play the song. Anyway..... :rolleyes:

With all due respect to everyone -- it's so clear to me that it's Robert on The Crunge, all the way through, right through the "confounded bridge" bit -- that it's funny to me that anyone would question it. :)

Aqua's right -- he's putting on the American accent at the end. I've heard him do that before when he's commented in interview(s) that Americans always pronounce the title of "D'yer Mak'er" wrong.

:)

Archived