Nostalgia

redrum

Well a lot of the candy and freezy stuff does not exist anymore. I am too old to be putting stick on tattoos on my arm. I don't think my buddies will play road hockey, soccer or ride bikes all day. And that outdoor pool does not exist anymore.

That does not have the stuff i was talking about.

They have a lot more in the actual catalog.

And other fun products like Lemon Up shampoo, Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and more.

So I would say it's relevant to the Nostalgia thread even if it may not contain your candy.

Ed: I always wanted a Mrs. Beasley doll: Mrs. Beasley

Well a lot of the candy and freezy stuff does not exist anymore. I am too old to be putting stick on tattoos on my arm. I don't think my buddies will play road hockey, soccer or ride bikes all day. And that outdoor pool does not exist anymore.

You have to be one of the most depressing people I know. Some of that stuff DOES exist - or go out and create NEW things that will become nice memories instead of wallowing in the past :blink:

Old pictures of myself... on holiday as a child... with old schoolfriends who I no longer see. It's like looking at a different person though, I guess now is the time in my life I'll feel nostalgic about.

-I miss that candy that came in a packet. It came with a candy stick and you licked in and stuck it in some powder and then sucked on the stick. Not good for your teeth but i loved it.

If I am thinking of the same thing you are, I think I may have found it.

Fun Dip on Amazon.com

Well, get a real tattoo then, or have your liver pierced if you don't wanna be cliche.....

Else some branding will do, makes you a bit more tough.

To ease from the burning pain you can ride a bike for hours to cool your skin.

And that outdoor pool does not exist anymore.

Fleischacker pool, San Francisco. It was filled with ocean water.

Cost a dime to get in when I was a kid. That looks like me right in the corner there. :D

It was a quarter mile long I believe.

Sfsuingl$fleischacker-pool-photo.jpg

my little brother could look at a rubix cube, put it behind his back and solve it in under 60 seconds...freak!

I knew a kid who was fast at it too. :blink:

remember these?

stretcha1.jpg

They were pretty creepy.

:D

Tobacco company's have never targeted kid's. Right?

Ok, I'm a complete dork near a computer. I just tried to add a funny picture above but screwed it up. How, exactly does one add a picture to a post?

Ok, I'm a complete dork near a computer. I just tried to add a funny picture above but screwed it up. How, exactly does one add a picture to a post?

1. Once you find the image you want to post right-click on it.

2. A dialogue box should come up. Find the text that appears after "Properties" and highlight it using your cursor.

3. With the text highlighted, copy (Ctrl + C) the selected text.

4. While in reply mode on the board place your cursor over the icons you see above the blank box where you enter text to reply. Each icon should have text that pops up to tell you what each icon does. You should see one that says "Insert Image". Click on that.

5. A dialogue box will appear that says "Please Enter the URL For This Image".

6. Paste (Ctrl + V) the text you highlighted and copied earlier into the dialogue box.

7. Click OK.

8. You should see the text you copied and pasted surrounded by image tags. The image tags look like this [img ] [/img ] minus the space after the "G" in "IMG".

9. Click "Add Reply" just as you normally would when replying to a post. The image should appear in your post.

(spats @ May 19 2009, 04:04 PM) post_snapback.gifWell a lot of the candy and freezy stuff does not exist anymore. I am too old to be putting stick on tattoos on my arm. I don't think my buddies will play road hockey, soccer or ride bikes all day. And that outdoor pool does not exist anymore.

You know things can always be a lot worse :rolleyes:

Everything you wrote was full of negative thoughts-"does not", "too old", "don't think"

You have to be one of the most depressing people I know. Some of that stuff DOES exist - or go out and create NEW things that will become nice memories instead of wallowing in the past :blink:

We should start a poll and vote for spats' new avatar.

#1 charliebrown.jpg

#2 eeyore.gif

#3 adebbie.jpg

Archived