What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I guess now isn't the time to complain about a haircut...

I'm sorry to hear about your back, STZ. My dad had a herniated disc a while back, and I know that was very painful for him. Hopefully your back problems won't be too serious?

I hope you get well very soon. :)

thank you fool and strider :)

i have trouble with lower back . the discs are stuffed, have been for years. i have back pain 24/7, but sometimes it's worse than other days.

i have today and tomorrow off, but i think i might go see a doc and ask for sunday off also ....

I can totally relate. I have severe lower back pain. Have metal and may have it removed. I have had fusions. You may need to take some meds.

Woke up & I felt like crap. My stomach is killing me......... :(

back pain. bad. :(:(:(

Not good, not good at all! It's Friday...or Saturday morning now I suppose for STZ!! Not what you want at the start of a weekend!

Here is hoping you both have someone to look after you!

Not good, not good at all! It's Friday...or Saturday morning now I suppose for STZ!! Not what you want at the start of a weekend!

Here is hoping you both have someone to look after you!

thank you, mini zoso. i went to doc, am taking the next 2 days off, hopefully the rest will help :)

To chillumpuffer, I hope Ms. CP gets whatever she wants going forward in her career. I think it is disgraceful the way some companies treat their employees. Best of luck to you both.

To led zep girl, Here's hoping your tummyache is gone now. Can you drink something mild like green tea? That has helped me for upset stomach before.

To slavetozep, Julie I am glad you have at least a couple days to give your back some rest. Back pain (as I recently discovered) is incredibly debilitating and painful. I also am hoping your employer is being supportive? Post back when you can.

I feel fortunate not to have any serious complaint. But can I say this. When is Microsoft going to make a decent Windows program that doesn't crash with that da*m blue screen? And how about a a decent browser besides IE which so far twice in the last hour has put up the stupid white page with the little globe and red X saying, "IE cannot connect..." I am seriously considering going with Apple for my next computer!! Thanks for letting me spout off and everyone have a good weekend. Missy

I feel fortunate not to have any serious complaint. But can I say this. When is Microsoft going to make a decent Windows program that doesn't crash with that da*m blue screen? And how about a a decent browser besides IE which so far twice in the last hour has put up the stupid white page with the little globe and red X saying, "IE cannot connect..." I am seriously considering going with Apple for my next computer!! Thanks for letting me spout off and everyone have a good weekend. Missy

Hey MissyTS! Haven't seen you here for a bit. I use Google Chrome now, was having problems with IE too. Chrome has worked flawlessly for a couple of years for me now.

Have yourself a good weekend too.

Hey MissyTS! Haven't seen you here for a bit. I use Google Chrome now, was having problems with IE too. Chrome has worked flawlessly for a couple of years for me now.

Have yourself a good weekend too.

Hi there to you too! I've been told by my 20 year old son and his friends (who are big computer gamers..what a surprise right, lol) that Chrome is far and away superior to IE and only old people that don't want to change are still using IE. :o Leave it to kids to be honest. But the thing is, I tried Chrome and I still have not figured out how they handle the favorites/bookmarks. I'm used to the simple "add to your favorites" and all of them show up in a nice column on the right hand side with IE. Google Chrome doesn't do it this way and well, I have to have bookmarks to remember stuff being so old and all. :lol: I'll give it another look/see and try bookmarking again. Have a good weekend and thanks for the tip. :)

To Ally,

How could I forget to say something to you in the other note? I have been waiting to hear that you are done with this surgery and on the way to a speedy recovery for what seems like years! You have grace and patience ally to put up with these delays. I believe I might have lost my cool by now. But I suppose that won't get you in the O.R. any quicker. Well my friend, here's hoping this will be the last delay you get and looking forward to some good news about this in March. :) Missy

Hey Missy, I'm totally with you on the bookmarks thing! Chrome has it, it's just a bit different, and once you use it a bit I think you just might like it better. I know I do. Sounds like you have some technical support at your beck and call, so a quick "how to" from them would get you going in a jiffy.

LZ Girl and slave tz...either of you feeling any better?

To Ally,

How could I forget to say something to you in the other note? I have been waiting to hear that you are done with this surgery and on the way to a speedy recovery for what seems like years! You have grace and patience ally to put up with these delays. I believe I might have lost my cool by now. But I suppose that won't get you in the O.R. any quicker. Well my friend, here's hoping this will be the last delay you get and looking forward to some good news about this in March. :) Missy

As always Missy, your kind words are greatly appreciated :) . It's nice to see back posting and adding your usual touch of class to the place. Hope all is well with you ;)

thank you, ledzepfan77 and reggie :)

i've been taking anti-inflammaory and pain killers. going to see doc today.

This is what I have dealt with for 15 years. I injured my back at work. I have had 8 lumbar surgeries including fusions and instrumentation (hardware which I may have removed from the right side of my lumbar region). I am on oxycontin and Percocet and take valuum to get to sleep. Fucked up 24/7. But must have them. I am going for the stimulator. Waiting for the bullshit to take its course. Shrink, follow up, perhaps the removal of hardware and then the stim. its a device they wil try on me first. I must give it a shot. Jerry Lewis the comedian says it saved his life. Wish you luck. If you are given any recommendations for procedures I am pretty knowledgable as to what they may do and what meds they may give you. Do not hesitate to contact me if you want any advice. Nuerosurgery is a very big field now. I go to Rochester Brain and Spine. Rochester is known for having good medical care. If you are looking for credentials, Duke University may be the best school for neurosurgery in the country. Certainly top five. John Hopkins is right up there for internship and so too the University of Rochester, Strong Memorial, Philly childrens hospital just to name a few.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

sorry to hear about your pain, ledzepfan77, sounds horrific. :(

i seem to be not too bad through the day, but wake in pain every half hour at night. so tired. i'm trying not to take too many anti-inflams, they can lead to stomach ulcers. hubby and i went out and ordered a new mattress and base, can't wait to try it out, should be here in a few days.

as for your suggestions of hospitals ..... don't think i'll need to fly all the way across the world, we have good docs here! :)

sorry to hear about your pain, ledzepfan77, sounds horrific. :(

i seem to be not too bad through the day, but wake in pain every half hour at night. so tired. i'm trying not to take too many anti-inflams, they can lead to stomach ulcers. hubby and i went out and ordered a new mattress and base, can't wait to try it out, should be here in a few days.

as for your suggestions of hospitals ..... don't think i'll need to fly all the way across the world, we have good docs here! :)

Some good advice is use Ice,especially if you go to bed at night in pain. Target has nice ice packs for $5. Gel packs you freeze and re use. And use Tiger Balm. An ointment that kills pain very well. Better than Ben Gay

To chillumpuffer, I hope Ms. CP gets whatever she wants going forward in her career. I think it is disgraceful the way some companies treat their employees. Best of luck to you both.

Thanks Missy. It really hit her this weekend. After a week telling her staff that they will (more than likely) lose their jobs,she realised that when she had time for herself that she will also be in the same position. Very sad.

But she will be positive and go with the flow

Thanks Missy. It really hit her this weekend. After a week telling her staff that they will (more than likely) lose their jobs,she realised that when she had time for herself that she will also be in the same position. Very sad.

But she will be positive and go with the flow

I'm sure you're helping her to keep her chin up CP. Letting people go is an awful task but as you say, even worse when you know you'll be next. I really hope this all works out in some positive fashion for both of you.

^^ Cheers Ally.Yeah we had a good blowout on Saturday at a freinds place. It was good to have a late one.

I hear ya ! Glad the two of you found a way to have a good session. Come to think of it, I'm about due myself :lol:

Good for you man ! Never needed a good reason for a blow out. We used the last of my grow from last year. Priscilla was very good to us. As an extra bonus the people who we went to told me i didn't need to go outside for a toot. Just as well as it was freezing and they also enjoyed a few of the mellow stuff. Had some good food and wine and the company was great. Did Jack on Sunday but chilled and read the papers. Oh I did catch up on the Rugby - sorry Ally not Scotlands best day ?? ;)