Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
The Rover

What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP's Father passed away on Sunday. Not a total shock as he had Dementia and Alzheimers - he was 87. However he had been in hospital for 5 weeks and he unfortunately tested positive for Covid although after 8 days he had no symptoms.  We await the report in the cause of death but I fear it will say Covid. Another statistic in this horrible time. We couldn't visit him in his last days and that made it very painful.

To be brutally honest we both agree that it was the best thing as I don't think she could take the whole scenario of her Father disintegrating in front of her eyes with the condition he had.

He had a great life and is survived by his wife (Step Mother to Mrs CP and her brother)

 

 

I'm so sorry to hear this cp.  All my best to you, Mrs. cp and the family.  You're in my heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ebk said:

I'm so sorry to hear this cp.  All my best to you, Mrs. cp and the family.  You're in my heart. 

 

Thanks Esther. How lovely to say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP's Father passed away on Sunday. Not a total shock as he had Dementia and Alzheimers - he was 87. However he had been in hospital for 5 weeks and he unfortunately tested positive for Covid although after 8 days he had no symptoms.  We await the report in the cause of death but I fear it will say Covid. Another statistic in this horrible time. We couldn't visit him in his last days and that made it very painful.

To be brutally honest we both agree that it was the best thing as I don't think she could take the whole scenario of her Father disintegrating in front of her eyes with the condition he had.

He had a great life and is survived by his wife (Step Mother to Mrs CP and her brother)

 

 

I’m so sorry to read this! What a tough turn of events for you two to deal with. You’re definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, brotha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Walter said:

I’m so sorry to read this! What a tough turn of events for you two to deal with. You’re definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, brotha. 

Thanks Chuck. All cool here as it was expected but not so quick ! Best and thanks as ever to you and yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear, CP. I had two biopsy cuts today, but it pales in comparison to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I measured, drilled and mounted two window blind brackets. When I went to mount the blinds they were 5 inches too short. The box said 31 inches wide. The blinds were 25 inches wide. Muthafuck. Had to remove the brackets and fill + repaint the holes. Will finish it tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have another kidney infection coming on, I'm diabetic and get them sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I think I have another kidney infection coming on, I'm diabetic and get them sometimes.

Never had a kidney infection, but have passed 2 kidney stones. Please, God. Never again. 🤕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redrum said:

Never had a kidney infection, but have passed 2 kidney stones. Please, God. Never again. 🤕

I’ve had a few, because of my diabetes the Doctor said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RainbowElf said:

I’ve had a few, because of my diabetes the Doctor said.

Diabetes runs in my family, but fortunately, I am good. My last blood test showed 99 on my glucose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, redrum said:

Diabetes runs in my family, but fortunately, I am good. My last blood test showed 99 on my glucose.

I have mine under control, I’m thin eat healthy but for some reason I keep getting these infections, then the Doctor prescribes anti-biotics and it goes away.

It doesn’t run in my family, but I got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

I have mine under control, I’m thin eat healthy but for some reason I keep getting these infections, then the Doctor prescribes anti-biotics and it goes away.

It doesn’t run in my family, but I got it.

Take care of it. Almost 4 years ago I started the Atkins diet. I dropped 50 pounds (gak!!) and have kept it off. It totally changed my eating habits, but I do slip once in a while with a sweet craving. I hate when that happens. Really gotta be vigil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, redrum said:

Take care of it. Almost 4 years ago I started the Atkins diet. I dropped 50 pounds (gak!!) and have kept it off. It totally changed my eating habits, but I do slip once in a while with a sweet craving. I hate when that happens. Really gotta be vigil.

Thank you Redrum, I will.

 I’ve been pretty good not eating sweets, I weigh 185 pounds and am 6’ 1” tall so my weight is good and when I check my blood sugar in the morning it’s usually below 120, the Doctor says 140 and below is where I need to keep it at, and so far I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Thank you Redrum, I will.

 I’ve been pretty good not eating sweets, I weigh 185 pounds and am 6’ 1” tall so my weight is good and when I check my blood sugar in the morning it’s usually below 120, the Doctor says 140 and below is where I need to keep it at, and so far I have.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OW!  My other Mc2200 amplifier  just died! 

Vintage amps have skyrocketed in value in the past five years, amps I used to be able to pick up for $6-700 is now over $2k!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, chef free said:

OW!  My other Mc2200 amplifier  just died! 

Vintage amps have skyrocketed in value in the past five years, amps I used to be able to pick up for $6-700 is now over $2k!

How much to repair?

Had to drive to Tacoma tonight in the rain to rescue my landlady. She overstayed til it got dark and she really can't see in the dark too well. She had to follow me, but it was spooky because I had to drive slow, even on the freeway. 😣 I just hated having to go to Tacoma, as to me it's just another ugly city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, redrum said:

How much to repair?

Can't tell until the tech checks it out.  For this amp, driver boards aren no longer produced, that's what blew in amp #1.  Tough finding a tech willing to work on this older gear.  Amp #1 has been in the shop for months as the tech tries to trace and repair the board. I'm starting to look at modern amps like the Vidar from Schiit, 100 watts into 8 ohms, doubles to 200 into 8 ohms, claims 400 watts into 8 ohms in mono.  Only $700 each, I would need two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...