What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP's Father passed away on Sunday. Not a total shock as he had Dementia and Alzheimers - he was 87. However he had been in hospital for 5 weeks and he unfortunately tested positive for Covid although after 8 days he had no symptoms.  We await the report in the cause of death but I fear it will say Covid. Another statistic in this horrible time. We couldn't visit him in his last days and that made it very painful.

To be brutally honest we both agree that it was the best thing as I don't think she could take the whole scenario of her Father disintegrating in front of her eyes with the condition he had.

He had a great life and is survived by his wife (Step Mother to Mrs CP and her brother)

I'm so sorry to hear this cp.  All my best to you, Mrs. cp and the family.  You're in my heart. 

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP's Father passed away on Sunday. Not a total shock as he had Dementia and Alzheimers - he was 87. However he had been in hospital for 5 weeks and he unfortunately tested positive for Covid although after 8 days he had no symptoms.  We await the report in the cause of death but I fear it will say Covid. Another statistic in this horrible time. We couldn't visit him in his last days and that made it very painful.

To be brutally honest we both agree that it was the best thing as I don't think she could take the whole scenario of her Father disintegrating in front of her eyes with the condition he had.

He had a great life and is survived by his wife (Step Mother to Mrs CP and her brother)

I’m so sorry to read this! What a tough turn of events for you two to deal with. You’re definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, brotha. 

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

I’m so sorry to read this! What a tough turn of events for you two to deal with. You’re definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, brotha. 

Thanks Chuck. All cool here as it was expected but not so quick ! Best and thanks as ever to you and yours.

• 3 weeks later...

I measured, drilled and mounted two window blind brackets. When I went to mount the blinds they were 5 inches too short. The box said 31 inches wide. The blinds were 25 inches wide. Muthafuck. Had to remove the brackets and fill + repaint the holes. Will finish it tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, redrum said:

Diabetes runs in my family, but fortunately, I am good. My last blood test showed 99 on my glucose.

I have mine under control, I’m thin eat healthy but for some reason I keep getting these infections, then the Doctor prescribes anti-biotics and it goes away.

It doesn’t run in my family, but I got it.

4 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

I have mine under control, I’m thin eat healthy but for some reason I keep getting these infections, then the Doctor prescribes anti-biotics and it goes away.

It doesn’t run in my family, but I got it.

Take care of it. Almost 4 years ago I started the Atkins diet. I dropped 50 pounds (gak!!) and have kept it off. It totally changed my eating habits, but I do slip once in a while with a sweet craving. I hate when that happens. Really gotta be vigil.

12 minutes ago, redrum said:

Take care of it. Almost 4 years ago I started the Atkins diet. I dropped 50 pounds (gak!!) and have kept it off. It totally changed my eating habits, but I do slip once in a while with a sweet craving. I hate when that happens. Really gotta be vigil.

Thank you Redrum, I will.

I’ve been pretty good not eating sweets, I weigh 185 pounds and am 6’ 1” tall so my weight is good and when I check my blood sugar in the morning it’s usually below 120, the Doctor says 140 and below is where I need to keep it at, and so far I have.

2 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Thank you Redrum, I will.

I’ve been pretty good not eating sweets, I weigh 185 pounds and am 6’ 1” tall so my weight is good and when I check my blood sugar in the morning it’s usually below 120, the Doctor says 140 and below is where I need to keep it at, and so far I have.

👍

On 11/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, chef free said:

OW!  My other Mc2200 amplifier  just died! 

Vintage amps have skyrocketed in value in the past five years, amps I used to be able to pick up for $6-700 is now over $2k!

How much to repair?

Had to drive to Tacoma tonight in the rain to rescue my landlady. She overstayed til it got dark and she really can't see in the dark too well. She had to follow me, but it was spooky because I had to drive slow, even on the freeway. 😣 I just hated having to go to Tacoma, as to me it's just another ugly city.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, redrum said:

How much to repair?

Can't tell until the tech checks it out.  For this amp, driver boards aren no longer produced, that's what blew in amp #1.  Tough finding a tech willing to work on this older gear.  Amp #1 has been in the shop for months as the tech tries to trace and repair the board. I'm starting to look at modern amps like the Vidar from Schiit, 100 watts into 8 ohms, doubles to 200 into 8 ohms, claims 400 watts into 8 ohms in mono.  Only $700 each, I would need two...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heading to Iceland on Wednesday to re-do the tour I had lined up last year at this time that got cancelled.  I was just informed by the tour company that one part of my tour is now cancelled due to that "unspecified virus of unknown origin"!  One more reason to hate those a-holes that released this on the world! 

• 2 weeks later...