What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

It is a busy time but it may have been best posted so you had to sign for it. I never send anything of value without the insurance of a signiture. There are many an opportunists out there. Did he get a proof of postage?

It's probably only of value to me, as he is a silk screen printer and he has done me a few in the past. I doubt whether he will have got a certificate of posting. Mind you having said that, if it's anything like the birthday card he "sends" every year. I'm just wondering what print he has put on it. The John Lennon one he did for me when he died was the front page of the Mirror, I'm the only one he done it for as he couldn't sell them to the public (MGN copyright)

The realisation that I may have given my copy of Howard Marks' book Mr Nice to the charity bookshop in the next village from me. Run by a lovely old couple, they offer teas and coffees whilst the more elderly of the village peruse books whilst enjoying a chat. What the fuck they will make of that I don't know? :o

It's probably only of value to me, as he is a silk screen printer and he has done me a few in the past. I doubt whether he will have got a certificate of posting. Mind you having said that, if it's anything like the birthday card he "sends" every year. I'm just wondering what print he has put on it. The John Lennon one he did for me when he died was the front page of the Mirror, I'm the only one he done it for as he couldn't sell them to the public (MGN copyright)

How's the job going man?

CP just looking at your line of "Willin", brings back memories for me, so I will bore you with the details, in 1975 I was in the Cavern Club one Sturday night with my mate, and this group came on and were good. The bassist was doing the singing, and he was concentrating mainly on his playing. Anyway when their set finished he came straight over to me (must have been the waist length hair and 32" bottomed flares). He asked for my opinion, so I told him what I thought , anyway he asked if I could sing. Me having had more than a few said yes. I ended up doing an audition for them in some dingy basement in Liverpool. I was told to learn Willin and One of these nights. Your line underneath your messages reminded me of hours of listening to willin over and over again and trying to get my voice that low, and learning all the words of course (luckily I had the album, which impressed them)

Yes it's OK, I did 10pm - 6am and it was just stacking wines and spirits and bottles of coke etc. The worst thing was that on the Sunday morning I realised that the first bus to where I live wasn't until 9am, bummer. So I had to walk home, still at £66 a night it was worth it.

Good for you man. Not got a Bicycle? And is the job permanent?

Needless to say I forgot about Kreftwerk ticktets going on sale today. I tried to go on the Tates website but it was a Concorde. So as usual the touts would have snapped up most of them and e bay will be awash with them. I ain't paying over the odds as a trip "darn sarf" is an expensive option for us Northern Puffers. :thumbdown:

I've got that Norovirus thing, been up since 3 this morning with it coming out of both ends at the same time (sorry if anyone is having there dinner....) I think now the worst of it is over but my throat is so raw atm

Feel like crap

I've got that Norovirus thing, been up since 3 this morning with it coming out of both ends at the same time (sorry if anyone is having there dinner....) I think now the worst of it is over but my throat is so raw atm

Feel like crap

Oh my gosh! That is terrible! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

I figured out I have a paper due tomorrow and I haven't even started on it yet. Yikes. Procrastination sucks.

I figured out I have a paper due tomorrow and I haven't even started on it yet. Yikes. Procrastination sucks.

Did you finish it in time?

Been in bed since Monday with a 39°C temperature. So painful and boring. Today the doctor also told me he had given me the wrong medicine, which was why my disease wasn't improving... :rolleyes:

You poor child...that's 102° F. In America, mother's give their sick children chicken noodle soup...what do they do in Italy? Minestrone?

Hope you get well soon!