What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

The ability to make it happy in anyway possible. My mood is very bad today. I have done basically nothing proactive and I have no motivation. It's the dark and wet and cold that does it. Every year gets worse and worse. But Mrs CP will be home shortly and that always raises my spirits.

The ability to make it happy in anyway possible. My mood is very bad today. I have done basically nothing proactive and I have no motivation. It's the dark and wet and cold that does it. Every year gets worse and worse. But Mrs CP will be home shortly and that always raises my spirits.

Are you suffering from S.A.D?

LOL!!

chillumpuffer...

Sounds like Mrs. CP is a reason to post in the "what made you happy" thread!

It would be great if we all had a "Mrs or Mr CP"?

Thanks for your help guys. I probabaly do Kate but then so do a lot of people who don't like the dark and cold. I feel much better today - It will be a dry and sunny day - what does that tell you?

Hey Mini . Mrs CP is a fab lady

I got a lousy gift in last night's Secret Santa.

I don't know how other people usually play this, but this was the 'evil' version where you can steal other people's gifts if you prefer them, although the gift can be re-stolen from you, and the second stealer gets to keep it. The first thing I unwrapped was kind of a breakfast box, with shortbread, 2 pots of jam, 2 types of tea and a tartan mug. Now I could have lived without the tartan for reasons which should be obvious, but on the whole the package appealed to me, so when it was soon stolen I was mortified, especially as there was nothing out already that was worth stealing (one gift was a boxed toilet roll, with an accompanying scatalogical booklet called '50 Shades Of Brown', lol). So the replacement gift I unwrapped turned out to be a Giant Beer Glass, capable of holding 2.5 pints. Whooppee, I don't drink beer.

I will probably give it to the wife to use as a vase, although I very rarely buy her flowers, and maybe it can double up as an impossible-to-overfill bed-side piss-pot, for those cold winter nights when you just can't face the icy walk to the bathroom. But it is top-heavy, so it could easily be toppled. I could also use it in the summer for Pimms, but not if I've been pissing in it all winter lulz.

Oh the gift I provided was a 35cl bottle of Jagermeister, which was the 1st gift to be successfully re-stolen. By a chick. I had wanted to get a small bottle of mezcal con gusano but they didn't have any.

I don't know how other people usually play this, but this was the 'evil' version where you can steal other people's gifts if you prefer them, although the gift can be re-stolen from you, and the second stealer gets to keep it. The first thing I unwrapped was kind of a breakfast box, with shortbread, 2 pots of jam, 2 types of tea and a tartan mug. Now I could have lived without the tartan for reasons which should be obvious, but on the whole the package appealed to me, so when it was soon stolen I was mortified, especially as there was nothing out already that was worth stealing (one gift was a boxed toilet roll, with an accompanying scatalogical booklet called '50 Shades Of Brown', lol). So the replacement gift I unwrapped turned out to be a Giant Beer Glass, capable of holding 2.5 pints. Whooppee, I don't drink beer.

I will probably give it to the wife to use as a vase, although I very rarely buy her flowers, and maybe it can double up as an impossible-to-overfill bed-side piss-pot, for those cold winter nights when you just can't face the icy walk to the bathroom. But it is top-heavy, so it could easily be toppled. I could also use it in the summer for Pimms, but not if I've been pissing in it all winter lulz.

Oh the gift I provided was a 35cl bottle of Jagermeister, which was the 1st gift to be successfully re-stolen. By a chick. I had wanted to get a small bottle of mezcal con gusano but they didn't have any.

Sounds like you work with some petty people. I mean, who even comes up with such a venal and useless idea as 'evil Secret Santa' in the first place? Next year, just shit in a box and give that as your gift...that'll teach 'em.

Well, it's decided to start raining last night, and keep raining. Which means I won't be going to the Post Office...which means some people's Christmas packages will be late.

Edited by Strider

That nasty Santa. He should have given you some purple grape candy, fritos and bouillion.

7 days until Christmas...I'm not even close to being ready. I'm just kind of dragging through the days, going through the motions. Not totally in Scrooge mood, just more a case of the blahs.

Wonder how big our Christmas bonus will be this year?

7 days until Christmas...I'm not even close to being ready. I'm just kind of dragging through the days, going through the motions. Not totally in Scrooge mood, just more a case of the blahs.

Sean get off this damn site for a minute, open another browzer and type in www.Amazon.com Then you can get busy

that doesn't sound like you? hope you cheer up soon!

what made me unhappy is the thought that tomorrow i have to go back to work ( i just had 2 days off ) and start at 5 am, and 4 am on christmas eve. it's going to be bedlam :sos::wakeup::run::running:

I feel for you Slave. I worked in retail a few years back and this time of year was brutal. I hate that stores are open on major holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The employees should have a chance to relax and spend time with their families. I passed a Starbucks this morning and they have a huge sign outside announcing they will be open Christmas Day. No thanks.

I feel for you Slave. I worked in retail a few years back and this time of year was brutal. I hate that stores are open on major holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The employees should have a chance to relax and spend time with their families. I passed a Starbucks this morning and they have a huge sign outside announcing they will be open Christmas Day. No thanks.

oh thanks, melanie. we are only closed christmas day and good friday :(

the one good thing about starting early is that i finish early, 2pm and 1pm, so it will be good to get out of there!

Sean get off this damn site for a minute, open another browzer and type in www.Amazon.com Then you can get busy

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I DO NOT shop online. I go out and shop in real stores, where I can see and feel the merchandise I'm buying.

It amused me to read about everybody pre-ordering their "Celebration Day" online, only to have it not arrive on time, or for it to be damaged or defective or the wrong format. Meanwhile, I got it the day of sale with no hassle.

I've seen too many of my friends and favourite stores struggle to survive against the monster that is Amazon.com. I refuse to be part of the problem by joining the herd. I will always support my local shops...especially during Christmas.

:console:

Awww...thanks jb126 and Slave to Zep for your concern. You're right, it really isn't like me to be morose, but it's getting better. The rain stopped and I was able to get out and get some shopping done. Crossed a few names off the list.

I passed a Starbucks this morning and they have a huge sign outside announcing they will be open Christmas Day. No thanks.

Melanie passing up coffee!?! Maybe the Mayans were right and we really are at the end of the world.

My wife's side calls it "Dirty Santa."

That helps to quell the disappointment when you've been BF'd, Old Shep

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I DO NOT shop online. I go out and shop in real stores, where I can see and feel the merchandise I'm buying.

It amused me to read about everybody pre-ordering their "Celebration Day" online, only to have it not arrive on time, or for it to be damaged or defective or the wrong format. Meanwhile, I got it the day of sale with no hassle.

I've seen too many of my friends and favourite stores struggle to survive against the monster that is Amazon.com. I refuse to be part of the problem by joining the herd. I will always support my local shops...especially during Christmas.

Awww...thanks jb126 and Slave to Zep for your concern. You're right, it really isn't like me to be morose, but it's getting better. The rain stopped and I was able to get out and get some shopping done. Crossed a few names off the list.

Melanie passing up coffee!?! Maybe the Mayans were right and we really are at the end of the world.

i agree! online shopping has caused a lot of local stores to close down. over here a lot of people use it, as we don't have to pay gst if it's under $1000 online. i did buy one thing online, only because i couldn't get it from any shops here.

i'm glad you're feeling better :) don't go into the shooters war thread, you will be very depressed - wow, so much hatred in there. :(:(:(:(

had to lol at the comment about melanie - so true! :)