Does Anyone Here Believe In Ghosts?

Jimmy's A Legend

???  

31 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Yes
    • No

For many years now I have felt really uncomfortable in my room. I feel this really weird paranoya (sp?) towards this presence in my room, I sort of felt as if someone is hiding, when I was little and even sometimes now I would have nightmares about poeple coming out of my mirror.

Being freaked out by this for long enough now, I searched up the history of my house (can't remember how having a "memeory of a twig") and it turns out that someone had died in my room, in the spot where my bed is in even!!

What I'm getting at is I just thought it would an interresting topic to see other views, whether you think it's a load of crap or if you beleive in ghosts/ghostly presnce/ 'talking beyond the grave' is real.

Very much so. I'd probably be more sceptical had I not seen my dead grandmother when I was 9.

I remember going to York with my family, several weeks after she'd died, and we stayed in some hotel. On the first night - and I can still remember it as clear as day - I woke up. I turned to look over to my parents and in the darkness I saw my grandmother bend over and kiss my father on the forehead. I was so fucking freaked out I wouldn't look behind me for the rest of the time we spent there. I even insisted on sleeping on the floor. Yes, I know it was dark; yes, I know I'd just woken up, but I saw my grandmother just as clearly as I saw my parents. I told no one until a few years back, but I believe she wanted me to see. We were very close and I miss her terribly now. I never got to say goodbye, but seeing her say kiss her only child goodnight felt like she was saying as much to me, as well. At least that's how I've always felt, and, aside from the fear of seeing someone I knew to be dead, I've always taken great comfort from it.

Other unexplainable things have happened, but that is my most vivid one.

super yea...my neighbor once told me that spies used to live in my house and they were murdered here but i dont know how true this was because he said when they werent being spies they would work at a keebler elfs cookie factory here but there has never been a cookie factory here but i do believe the wall paper in my bathroom shows how the murder happen by pictures of flowers, i've showed a lot of people these pictures but they all think im crazy...but to get to the point on why i believe in ghost is because usually at night i'm darn sure i can see them walking around in my room and i guess you could say ive gotten used to it so its not that terrifying also there super nice ghost they dont really do anything terrible just some jokes like they set the timer on my oven a lot and it will just go off at random times some times the cerial will fall out of the cuboard even though they are closed and they all have those baby proof things on them so there hard to open and if you sit on my coach and watch tv out of the corner of your eye you can see down the hall way and offten you see them run by the mirror or the soap will just fall out of the washer and dryer closset but yea they arent really your run of the mill haunt you and make you screem ghosts

No, I don't. I understand that other people do and for them it's a very powerful and/or spiritual thing, so I can respect that.

But for me, it's just not in my realm of acceptance. Just like I don't believe in ghouls, goblins, demons, zombies or aliens.

I feel a weird paranoia when I go through this one hallway at school, but I think that's more due to the fact that it's painted the nastiest, brightest, slightly greenish yellow (like someone got sick on Crystal Light) and because it gets narrower and narrower towards the middle, making you feel like you're being swallowed up by a hell in which Satan decided yellow was the new red. Uh, so the short answer: no. :)

I'm not totally closed to the possibility, though. I've been to a few supposedly haunted houses, didn't feel/see a thing, but I'm not going to say it couldn't happen.

No I don't, but there are things that happen at work that I cannot explain. I work as a marine radio operator with the Coast Guard. Our station is in a building that lies on an abandoned war base. There is documented history of death within the building from World War II. There have been accounts of utensils "shooting" off the counter in the kitchen, sounds of footsteps in the hall, and doors closing unexpectedly.

I witnessed the door slamming shut one night (we're open 24hrs/day, 365/year with 2 operators working at all times). My coworker was on the opposite side of the room at the time. So I used a heavy wooden doorstop wedge to keep the door open, only to have it slam shut again. The doorstop was wedged so tight that neither draft, wind or sloping door frames could have removed that wedge.

^ :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I definitely believe in ghosts and have had several experiences with them.

About ten years ago, I remodeled my office building. I moved into temporary quarters while the work was being done so I could continue my practice without the disruption of the construction. The building I rented was in the back of a shopping area, kind of isolated, and across the road from a cemetery. We felt the presence of someone in that office all the time. We would think that another was in a room with us when our backs were turned, and we even started talking to people who weren't there. Everyone felt it. The toilet would flush on its own occasionally. The front door would open on its own. It was very eerie. We felt safe, weren't afraid. But it was amazing that you could sense that there was a spirit in that building.

I have other experiences, but it's late and I am too tired to type tonight.

This site has a few....so yes! ;)

Spirits definitely exist among us, that much I've been able to experience in my lifetime....ghost would be the wrong word to describe them. We have a playful sort in our own home....it fights channel changes on our tv, dabbles in rearranging our indoor lighting schemes, and one night I watched a hanging plant dislodge from it's hook and clatter to our family room floor. It's an extremely intermittant thing, and is never frightening.....just odd. We've often mused that if we were to move, we hoped it would choose to come along. :D

Not in ghosts, but I do believe in reincarnation - it's the only logical explanation for deja vu, and dogs licking their nuts.

I'm not trying to spark a debate, I"m just asking out of curiousity but how do you think it explains deja vu? I understand that deja vu is a feeling you have been in that spot with the sane set up, but how could that occured in a previous life? If I were to see one when I was with my best friend when we were shopping, how could that have happened in a previous life?

I do.

I always thought there are spirits who still walk on Earth, and I love to use the ouija board with my friends. I used it alone once, and I freaked out because the battery in my cell phone melted at midnight. My friend got hurt when we used the board. The glass exploded and cut her hand. Then she rubbed off the blood on the board.

I've never used the board again but still believe in ghosts. I plan to visit a castle which was mental institution and it's probably haunted. Buahaha, can't wait. :P

I'm not trying to spark a debate, I"m just asking out of curiousity but how do you think it explains deja vu? I understand that deja vu is a feeling you have been in that spot with the sane set up, but how could that occured in a previous life? If I were to see one when I was with my best friend when we were shopping, how could that have happened in a previous life?

I dunno - things about what was my conciousness doing before, and what will it be doing after, this life. Instincts and unexplained phobias, too. Nothing that I dwell on, just the only unproven concept that I can't dismiss. Someone (Hermit?) did a thread on the whole list (heaven, aliens, ghosts, etc.) a while back on all this.

I have never had an experience with ghosts, but I intend to keep my mind open on such issues as death and the afterlife. I have friends who claim to have encountered ghosts, but two have schizophrenia and the other has fear problems, so I'm not sure how credible they are. :D

Wow there are some really interesting experiances here.

I remember this other time, about a week after a cat that belonged to a family down the street got run over and one night I swear I heard a bell from a collar so I looked round and for like a split-second I saw the cat sitting by the door of her family. It freaked me out, of course everyone thought I was going insane.

With my beliefs, I beleve that they are there, I'm not relegious but I truely beleve that a soul never leaves this Earth. I also don't beleve that you can actually talk to them. Alot of poeple think I'm weird and my dad thinks it's a load of crap but I truely belive in them.

Wow there are some really interesting experiances here.

I remember this other time, about a week after a cat that belonged to a family down the street got run over and one night I swear I heard a bell from a collar so I looked round and for like a split-second I saw the cat sitting by the door of her family. It freaked me out, of course everyone thought I was going insane.

With my beliefs, I beleve that they are there, I'm not relegious but I truely beleve that a soul never leaves this Earth. I also don't beleve that you can actually talk to them. Alot of poeple think I'm weird and my dad thinks it's a load of crap but I truely belive in them.

That happened to me with my cat who passed away a few years ago. I am sure I saw him. The times when I saw him was on my way to school. He followed me. He had the same collar and the same eyes and body shape. I know he followed me...

I have a hard time believing in an actual soul, though. It has no weight or mass or chemical signature. If it did, we would be sure of the soul's existence. There is no evidence. I'm pretty sold on the idea that chemicals and electrical impulses in the brain shape what one would call a "soul."

I plan to visit a castle which was mental institution and it's probably haunted. Buahaha, can't wait. :P

Is this place setup for tours, where you go with a guide and other people? I'd find that kinda cheesy. I was determined to get a hold of a real straight jacket for one Halloween party, so I snuck into a nearby abandoned mental institution. Didn't find what I wanted, but did get some genuine creeps. There could have been some looney left behind, or returned to hide there...

Archived