Robert Plant & The Band of Joy To Tour USA

sam_webmaster

Billy will you chill out. Lay off of Justawoman. She gave her opinion on how she felt the concert went and it should be respected and I know for a fact she loves Robert's new stuff. Why are so many people so "touchy." Everyone is entitled to their opinions especially if they were actually there LIVE at the concert. When I go see Robert, I am going to give my honest feelings and review and opinion on the concert and I expect people to listen to what I have to say and not jump all over me. We ARE all adults here right??

Also, Robert seems to be doing a LOT of Led Zep music at these shows, more than any of his previous solo concerts. Okay, the arrangements are different but hey, I'm still getting the same feelings. I'd rather hear Robert do Led Zep stuff reworked than some impostor pretending to be him. I read also that Robert is back to hitting some impressive higher notes. MAYBE this all could lead to what everyone has been hoping for and then we'll all be on here crying and complaining because we can't even come close to the tickets.

Thanks sista' for having my back! Adults do agree to disagree and can do it while respecting the others opinions.

You know, there's a saying 'perception becomes reality' and my perception is that Billy is a a#$.

Billy what I LOVE about you is no matter what you say you always sign off "Love, Billy". See, you really love us!!!

Are you by any chance a David Lynch fan? Can't you just hear Monkey playing in "Lost Highway" when he's "doin" it to the "Blond" Patricia Arquette outside on the ground in that white hot light. Do you know what I mean? And wait a minute! Aren't they actually playing "Song to the Siren?" (not Robert's version though). LOVE that movie.

Monkey to me is pure, sick SEX. I'm sure that's how Robert intended it to be.

And OHHHHH YEAH, LOVE Robert being the main voice in the band! I like Patty a lot but I did NOT like that "duet" thing he did with AK.

Love,

Avacado

Here is another review on the Austin show. The author covers the topic of Robert playing Zep songs in a thoughtful way. I personally prefer the rock versions of Zep tunes but what is said in the article makes a lot of sense. I saw him in Phoenix last week and enjoyed the show. The musicians in this band are very talented and compliment his singing.

From austinist.com:

http://austinist.com/2010/07/27/music_review_robert_plant_band_of_j.php

Hi folks

'justawoman', thank you for your feelings on Robert's new show. I was wondering if I should go, but now i don't think so. I heard some of the new stuff and i don't like it. So maybe these shows are better than the Alisin Krauss shows, but not very much. And i thought Raising Sand stuff was real lame too . But you should never be scared to tell it how you see it, and thank you for that. And why would he want to play bad versions of Zepp songs? WHY?

BillyMac: I don't like you, you sound real nasty. About 16 are you? Douche-bag :P

just my 2 cents, from what I have seen the texas show was a major step up ! Loved in the mood here and the energy seemed very high from robert and he seemed far more comfortable having fun this time. the crowd seems beside themselves. What am I missing?

He also seemed to do a longer version of down to the sea which I was wanting and that cheered me up quite a bit.

Tangerine was also new right?

Anyway it seemed the best show to date. That was also said by the guy posting it on youtube. seems hes been to all or most of them.

PS see whomever makes to the miami show! we figure mushrooms then brownies for dinner :-)

Edited by ZosoZombie

Kiss of fire:

I think most people here prefer 'the rock versions of Zep tunes'. In fact, I'd defy anyone to say they don't. But at the end of the day, that ship sailed long ago, and if Robert's not keen to do them that way anymore with two thirds of the original band, there's no reason why we should expect him to want to replicate them with his solo bands.

In the final analysis, they're still Zep tunes. And in the land of the blind, we should all be grateful that there's still a one-eyed man to be our king.

Kiss of fire:

I think most people here prefer 'the rock versions of Zep tunes'. In fact, I'd defy anyone to say they don't. But at the end of the day, that ship sailed long ago, and if Robert's not keen to do them that way anymore with two thirds of the original band, there's no reason why we should expect him to want to replicate them with his solo bands.

In the final analysis, they're still Zep tunes. And in the land of the blind, we should all be grateful that there's still a one-eyed man to be our king.

I Am The Fly. I agree with you and as my post said in bold was it is my personal choice, not trying to sway the point at all and that is why I pointed out that the article I posted had very valid thoughts on the whole Zep tune discussion.

I went to his Phoenix show and really enjoyed it, but again my personal preference<< and I say that again is I enjoy Zep tunes in the rock format. To each their own. :D

New Robert Plant Single On Air Tonight

'Angel Dance', the first single from Robert Plant's brand new studio album Band Of Joy, will be given its first airing on the Planet Rock UK station tonight. The song is the album opener from the new record and will be given it's first spin on the station in Nicky's show after 6pm.

Band Of Joy is released on 13 September and is the follow up to 2007's Alison Krauss collaboration album, Raising Sand.

robertplant.com/news/new-robert-plant-single-on-air-tonight/

Strange - I heard it at least twice on the MORNING of this date in the UK - on Radio 1 and Radio 2.

Sam,

Thanks for the info regarding the extra dates. Got my ticket for the Usher Hall in October. The tickets were going like wildfire! They went on sale at 0900 and by 0905 the first fifteen rows were sold out!.

I want to see him live but Edinburgh is too far for me. Glasgow is closer.

I want to see him live but Edinburgh is too far for me. Glasgow is closer.

Paul,

Why don't you take the bus into Glasgow city centre. Go to Buchanan Street Bus station where the coach to Edinburgh leaves every 15 minutes - there are two different companies providing coaches - Citylink and Megabus. The journey takes 50 minutes to an hour. Get off at Haymarket and walk from Haymarket Railway station to Lothian Road, site of the Usher Hall. The return coaches from Edinburgh to Glasgow run until late. Alternatively, once you are in Glasgow, take the train to Haymarket.

Well I can't wait until he hits Los Angeles...I assume it will be at the Greek, just like the Raising Sand tour, or perhaps the Wiltern, which is a

bit more intimate. I've always liked Patty Griffin so am looking forward to hearing how their voices mesh.

• Administrators

Tickets for Belfast date on sale Friday August 13th

Tickets for the Waterfront Hall, Belfast go on sale Friday 13 August

priced from: £38

Robert Plant and The Band of Joy

Tues 2 November, 2010

Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Tickets from £38, on sale Friday 13 August at 9.00am

Waterfront Hall Box-Office: 028 90 334455

www.waterfront.co.uk

From 100 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide By telephone:

Northern Ireland - 0844 277 44 55

Book On-Line: www.ticketmaster.ie

--

robertplant.com/news/tickets-for-belfast-date-on-sale-friday-august-13th/

Want to ask you all if they are playing any of the new Band of Joy music regularly on radio stations around the U.S. in your areas? They are definitely playing it in the Philly area on the world music station. VERY happy about that. They started rotating pretty heavily "Angel Dance" and said some other songs will be on soon. Also the classic rock stations are promoting the upcoming tour.