JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

How long was Jimmy a staff producer at Immediate? I don't know that much about his career at this point other than he was a session musician.

He was hired around May of 1965. He was getting fed up with the session scene because guitar solos were going out of style and he was finding himself relegated to playing just rhythm guitar. I think Jimmy had visions of being a superstar music mogul along the lines of Andrew Oldham or Mickie Most. But a lot of his ideas were shot down and he ended up producing only a handful of singles. He quit in early 1966.

Thanks Steve and Swandown for getting me up to speed regarding Jimmy's quite amazing career. And it really was amazing considering how much he accomplished at such a young age.

And yes 342, I did post the same photo which is in the video you posted. No biggie...try not getting your panties in a wad.tongue.gif

Zeppelin changed so much about the record business. I mean, that was the first branding, wasn't it? Without being disrespectful to the Stones, they were the ones who opened up the stadiums. And they had the first manager who was real violence as opposed to the Mickey Mouse stuff that had been practised in England before. With the branding of Led Zeppelin, especially on American radio, there you suddenly saw all of them, and Jimmy in particular, coming into their full force of direction with a manager who was less a svengali and more of a bean-counter and leg-breaker. It changed everything. When you can be your own Diagliev, that's pretty fucking amazing. But then look at the mess they left behind them, musically. We had to listen to a million wankers who all thought they could sound as good.

- Andrew Loog Oldham (Autumn 2008)

I've never heard it said quite so well before. And, coming from the mentor of the Stones just makes it that much more impressive.

I'm really enjoying the Jimmy Page films, shows the best scenery in the area he films in. I hope more surfaces, and one with the band members in it.

...fascinating details in this gorgeous footage, I love what Jimmy wrote today........"skyline changed in 40 years but the soul remains the same"...this could be a new title for his new song.....beautiful words from a beautiful man....................... :wub: :wub:

...fascinating details in this gorgeous footage, I love what Jimmy wrote today........"skyline changed in 40 years but the soul remains the same"...this could be a new title for his new song.....beautiful words from a beautiful man....................... :wub: :wub:

I so agree with you, PlanetPage. :D

Archived