Celebrity VIPs and empty seats outrage

Hey dude you self-identified as the BUTT of my underwear joke. It was just a jolly joke comment and nobody else got upset since it wasn't aimed at anybody at ALL. You think it was you and I now happen to agree with that.

I've already clearly identified that you're somebody who shouldn't be communicating directly with me in your posturing, condescending self-appointed school-prefect manner as unlike a few other 'newbies' I'll probably hand you your CUNT. So shut up like a good boy and let me and whoever else say whatever the fuck we feel like and we'll get along fine.

Clear?

That default response is sure getting tedious, as is the fascination with underware.

There are some very knowledgeable members of this board and they will hand you

your head when you post something out of line.

Hey dude you self-identified as the BUTT of my underwear joke. It was just a jolly joke comment and nobody else got upset since it wasn't aimed at anybody at ALL. You think it was you and I now happen to agree with that.

I've already clearly identified that you're somebody who shouldn't be communicating directly with me in your posturing, condescending self-appointed school-prefect manner as unlike a few other 'newbies' I'll probably hand you your CUNT. So shut up like a good boy and let me and whoever else say whatever the fuck we feel like and we'll get along fine.

Clear?

Can u hand me some cunt? I'm Horny as a March hare!

I know it's like first night at the Youth Club again and 'the management' has weighed in. What did I do? Look at his bird or something? Wait a minute something's coming through here on my earpiece. What's that? Oh I see. No...it's not that. He doesn't have a bird.

It should read 'you're not staying long', Big Boy.

Are you going to get your dad to throw me out?

Here's some direct communication for you: anticipate being warned and/or banned from this website within the next 24 hours. Don't get too comfortable, your not staying long.

The band were absolutely superb, still got the magic but the venue was shit. I live in Greenwich, I've been able to see the O2, or the Dome as it used to be known, through my window for the last 8 years. My taxes have been helping to keep the thing heated and secure etc..for the 6 years the fucking place sat empty after the millenium exhibition. I used to laugh at the politicians who wasted 100's millions on the place while it contained nothing but air and mothballs!!. In my abject disgust for the place I decided I would only ever set foot inside it if Zep reformed and played there. Odds of about a million to one a few years back. Well, they only fucking went and did it so there I was, in the billion pound crucible, stuck up in 4th tier looking down on a very large empty space!. There was room for about another 500-1000 people at floor level and it was criminal this space was not opened to those committed enough to stand outside in the cold. Acoustics weren't great considering the place has been converted purposely for live gigs and the sound engineer had Jimmy missing from the mix for the whole opening song, a travesty for which no punishment can be severe enough!!. Still, was a privilege to be there for their comeback, an awesome experience, there MUST be more shows please......

I don't blame those who are starting to feel cheated here but I have to say it's kind of familiar stuff at the O2. During the Prince concerts, it was felt that the promoters were going against the grain on Prince's idea to do shows in abundance and cheap (£31.21) to let everybody, fans, casual fans and the curious get a look-in. A great idea and a great place to do it in but what happaned was that there were then all kinds of 'Super Package Deals' that SEEMED to promise the best seats and champagne and all of that and these were VERY expensive and some fans thinking all the tickets were gone bought in, were disappointed and then found out that similar seats had gone on sale on the day of the gig for £31.21 again.

In the end, there was a lot of fury around and the whole thing was a bad PR mess and it narrowly missed hitting the media headlines, spoiling the whole trip.

I get the feeling there's another near-miss here although we may well see some enterprising journo seize the topic and ask a few questions about why this historic, massively over-subscribed event ended up with so many seats going spare.

It's gonna be annoying to Zep fans for a little while but I reckon that news of some more dates will probably come in time to get their attention off it.

Gotta bear in mind that a lot of these well-intentioned events fall victim to dodgy deals under the counter...

If it is true that Paris got hers free than keep bringing it up, draw attention to it because she may be guilty of imbesling charity resources. Her rich ass family runs more than one charity I'm sure and MAY NOT use that for personal use EVEN IF she make a donation in its stead, if its meant for auction IT GOES TO AUCTION. And I cannot stand her for the fact her wealth put her in celebrity status cause baby gets what baby wants and her swagger flaunts in our faces daily that paople of privaledge are not bound by the same laws as us commoners and THAT is a TRAVESTY of democracy and a lesson her recent jail stint failed to teach her. She sold herself off the internet disgracing and demeaning herself in such a way that she should be treated like the whore she is.

No they didn't.

One more thing..... When you see celebraties on the sidelines with the team at a sporting event....

Do you think they paid to get in ? ? ?

No, they were a Guest of the Team.

It's not a Hard concept to grasp, really...

Tickets guest and all that jazz............

band members had a guest ticket allocation of 100 tickets each, I dont know how many the support acts had.................

Corporate tickets - given out to either staff or to those people they want to either reward or sweeten goodness knows how many but they where all brought and paid for by someone....

This was a fantastic gig the best gig Ive ever attened and why the hell shouldn't the band members give out tickets to there friends and aquantances, would we????? course we would...

All the best

Andy

I wrote, begged, phoned HG's corporation, telling them that ther would obviously be empty seats and asking them to let people who had entered the ballot have them at the last minute - at least give people the chance

A noble effort, WildBill! Thanks for thinking of all us ticket-less souls! :thanku:

Anyway, people..

Jason Bonham was on the radio tonight sounding genuinely like he's as in the dark as the rest of us as to what's gonna happen next. It's very much 'the three' and perhaps 'the two' but the one speculation that sounds 100% right to me is Madison Square Gardens so I'm to camp out there now, leaving behind all those tedious things like a life and a job..

If you decide to come to, bring a flask of coffee will yer?

:-)

I am glad that Paris Hilton was there ! I have no problem with that at all.

Marilyn Manson was also in attendance. I have no problem with that either ! !

I'm glad that there were celebs that wanted to see and hear Led Zeppelin, whomever they are ! !

And, bty, PDiddy's version of "Kashmir" in the form of "Come With Me" ROCKS ! ! !

DEAL WITH IT ! ! ! ! :D

eating.gif The noobs were hungry today. :lol:

I think it was shameful that there were so many empty seats along the sides.

I went to see Squeeze (fairly well known English band) at Hammersmith a week earlier and the Circle was jammed - I only saw 2 empty seats for sure.

At O2 I counted 100 before I gave up.

I wrote, begged, phoned HG's corporation, telling them that ther would obviously be empty seats and asking them to let people who had entered the ballot have them at the last minute - at least give people the chance. I DID win a chance for a ticket but missed it as it went to my spam without me knowing.

I ended up buying one on ebay, something my conscience really pricked me with as I'd been against the idea from the start. I tried to get HG's company to at least give other people a chance by releasing last minute tickets but they weren't having any of it.

It is obviously too much trouble for them to bother with. If it had been me working at the company I would move heaven and Earth to get the last seat filled by a FAN - not some ligger.

I know that Chris Moyles (BBC Radio 1 DJ and complete tw*t ) whinging about how it was full of 'grey haired blokes with beards playing the air guitar'. Well I saw a lot of grey haired blokes (none with air guitars) but also LOADS of teenagers who were really rocking out and people in their 20's, 30's etc.

He obviously never left the bar and had decided how he would report the gig to his idiot listners the next day.

there was also Liam Gallagher who spent the whole night swearing at Zeppelin. Now I'm not sure how to take that, if he was having a go at them then he's also a tw*t. IF he was swearing out of sheer amazement then I'll forgive him.

The point is, yes there have always been hangers on and freeloaders BUT in this case with so many real fans missing out it is totally unjustifianle to give tickets away to gits who just want to seem cool by slagging Zeppelin off.

I had to look up ligger in the Urban Dictionary :blush: and honest to God, this is what it said:

“A person who blags their way into parties, or back stage at music events just to get free food and drinks, and to bore their friends stupid with stories of 'how they met David Coverdale,' or 'hung out with members of Led Zeppelin.”

Chris Moyles must have stayed in the bar because Natalie Jameson reported it, excellently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYIKwml91g

Listening hard, I can’t for the life of me ever understand a word coming from the mouth of Liam Gallagher. Please translate. :lol:

1. Celebrity VIPs

Whilst I feel infinitely blessed and privileged to have attended the O2 show (in the standing section), I thought the number of celebrity VIPs attending, with what were presumably free tickets an utter disgrace.

I am all for these people being able to attend like everyone else, but if my presumption that none of them paid to go is correct, then whoever was in charge of such a decision needs to have his/her head examined.

As the event was a charity in aid of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund (AEEF), celebrity VIPs, at the very least, should have been asked to pay £125 for their tickets too.

My view, however, is that if mere mortals like me in the rest of the crowd could afford £125 (or more), then these typically comfortably off (to dramatically understate the case) people, should have been asked to donate at least £500 (I think £1000 would not have been unreasonable), to the AEEF to vouchsafe their seats.

2. Empty Seats

The number of empty seats in the O2 Arena, was the second outrage of the event.

There was a whole section of empty seats on both sides of the lower tier, nearest to the stage. Okay, so there were what could be construed as "restricted view" locations, but given the choice between not going and having a "restricted view" seat, I am sure most ardent fans would have take those seats rather than not go.

Particularly at the central, back section of the lower tier, directly facing the stage, there were myriad empty seats all night. It is unbelievable that they were not offered to desperate fans outside for face value, or even to people stuck up on the level 4 upper tier. So, they may have belonged to people who had won the ballot and bought their tickets, who for whatever reason could not go, but like would it have been so difficult for them to phone the O2 customer services and relinquish their seats on the day?

Interesting that the level 4 upper tier was packed to the rafters, doesn't take a genius to work out the general public were all shoved up there first, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Indi.

The empty seat thing....

I was in section 405 and noticed that the 2 rows in front of me had one empty seat in each row plus the row I was in had an empty seat. Was it possible that each row had an odd number of seats and since everyone bought 2 seats this would leave one "extra"? wouldn't it have been better to sell single seats? I'm pretty sure someone would have bought them....just wondering?? actually, it gave people a place to put their coats, so I guess it's better a fan didn't get to see the show of a lifetime.... somebody didn't think that one out....

I think it was shameful that there were so many empty seats along the sides.

I went to see Squeeze (fairly well known English band) at Hammersmith a week earlier and the Circle was jammed - I only saw 2 empty seats for sure.

At O2 I counted 100 before I gave up.

I wrote, begged, phoned HG's corporation, telling them that ther would obviously be empty seats and asking them to let people who had entered the ballot have them at the last minute - at least give people the chance. I DID win a chance for a ticket but missed it as it went to my spam without me knowing.

I ended up buying one on ebay, something my conscience really pricked me with as I'd been against the idea from the start. I tried to get HG's company to at least give other people a chance by releasing last minute tickets but they weren't having any of it.

It is obviously too much trouble for them to bother with. If it had been me working at the company I would move heaven and Earth to get the last seat filled by a FAN - not some ligger.

I know that Chris Moyles (BBC Radio 1 DJ and complete tw*t ) whinging about how it was full of 'grey haired blokes with beards playing the air guitar'. Well I saw a lot of grey haired blokes (none with air guitars) but also LOADS of teenagers who were really rocking out and people in their 20's, 30's etc.

He obviously never left the bar and had decided how he would report the gig to his idiot listners the next day.

there was also Liam Gallagher who spent the whole night swearing at Zeppelin. Now I'm not sure how to take that, if he was having a go at them then he's also a tw*t. IF he was swearing out of sheer amazement then I'll forgive him.

The point is, yes there have always been hangers on and freeloaders BUT in this case with so many real fans missing out it is totally unjustifianle to give tickets away to gits who just want to seem cool by slagging Zeppelin off.

I went to see Squeeze at the Hammersmith too, however I have to say I was very disapointed.

But this is a Zep forum so not sure what squeeze and all these other people have got to do wit it.

Warby

Indeed, I found a half smoked biffta in the ladies room. (yoink) :P

Think maybe Sir Paul needed a puff to tolerate the "glitterati" (Paris and her ilk) that were there? Can't say that I blame the man. I hope he enjoyed his herbal therapy- it does have "medicinal benefits" after all (yes, I am a nurse). I will tell those of you without a sense of humor to just bite me now and save the lectures. ROFLOL B)

Think maybe Sir Paul needed a puff to tolerate the "glitterati" (Paris and her ilk) that were there? Can't say that I blame the man. I hope he enjoyed his herbal therapy- it does have "medicinal benefits" after all (yes, I am a nurse). I will tell those of you without a sense of humor to just bite me now and save the lectures. ROFLOL B)

Paris Hilton likes to get high, Zeppelin is great music to get high to...enough said!

He was caught in ny where his affairs are in the papers daily right now and they cite him as caught with pot not too long ago.

The Puffy thing was great. I think he did it just cause Puffy. Puffy is said to have a very persuasive personality, his real talent is bringing stars not normaly seen as a likely pair together to form something realy great ( and we know it certainly aint his rapping). He got Sting, made Mary J Blige's career (and if you ever heard her speak she was going no where but back to the ghetto until puffy came along) and his openly admitted "sampling" a little too much because "he loves the music and cant help himself" kind of makes me forgive him. Any way did any of you guys here the interview with Page where he describes the get together?

Jimmy says "I began to explain that we begin in open G then go, and he cuts me off saying "man I dont know no B's & G's just play it and I'll fix it up" and he pulled it off"

I think he might have looped it right there on the spot with Jimmy riffing on cue but I dont remember the interview ver betum.

Puff Daddy is a joke in the rap community. He isn't capable of creating any type of music without sampling others. I actually have friends who are amongst the hip-hop community here in NYC, I'm a long haired rocker, yet I get along very well with my friends, because we share the same love of music in general. If would fear for my life, If I ever brought up a liking for P-Diddy. For all of you that think he's done wonders for the rap community. You are fucking mistaken.

Who cares if celebrities were there? If they wanted to go, good for them. The odds of someone else getting that seat in place of them were remote, at best. So quit acting like there were two names left for the seat, yours and Paris Hilton's and they chose hers.

Archived