Religion? (Keep it civil)

DAS

Religion  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Religion?

• Protestant
    • Catholic
    • Christian(ish) Other (Orthodox/Mormon/Whatever)
    • Athiest
    • Agnostic
    • Jewish
    • Eastern Religion (Hindu/Budhist/Etc)
    • Have one, don't really follow it
    • Don't care
    • Other

Where's Pageism? Kidding.

I think the intentions of religion itself, if it makes someone a better person and betters their life, then I'm all for it with my blessings fully intact. But, I think people who try to shove those beliefs, however which way it makes them feel, down others throats and use fear tactics and as a means to discriminate others, that's when religion gets pushed too far. Its happened with ALL religions; with Judiasm, with early Paganism, with Christianity (especially Catholicism), with Islam, Hinduism, I've yet to find a religion that hasn't had its era of its followers persecuting those who believe differently.

Muslin isn't an option. Wow! What's that say about Western bigotry?

I really didn't think it was realistic to see many Muslim Led Zeppelin fans. It's not bigotry. I have a cousin who is Muslim and dating another Muslim. I don't hate them. I like them.

I think the intentions of religion itself, if it makes someone a better person and betters their life, then I'm all for it with my blessings fully intact. But, I think people who try to shove those beliefs, however which way it makes them feel, down others throats and use fear tactics and as a means to discriminate others, that's when religion gets pushed too far. Its happened with ALL religions; with Judiasm, with early Paganism, with Christianity (especially Catholicism), with Islam, Hinduism, I've yet to find a religion that hasn't had its era of its followers persecuting those who believe differently.

Buddhism...I never heard of a Buddhist extremist but I could be wrong. Also, they don't believe in "spreading the word" or pontificating their beliefs.

Buddhism...I never heard of a Buddhist extremist but I could be wrong. Also, they don't believe in "spreading the word" or pontificating their beliefs.

I've actually heard of something like that but I don't remember where or if it was legit.

This is true but in fairness I don't believe it's a uniquely religous problem. Humans are by nature huge jerks that hate anyone who isn't themself. Religion, non-religion, politics, sports, anything. We never really grow out of the beat-up-the-kid-who-looks-different mentality on the playground. Some people are cool and layed back about life. Others are jerks that judge others by how simliar they are to themselves. If we all disagree on everything else let's all agree we hate the jerks who fear difference of opinion.

Believe all you want but until someone has proof of this place called heaven and this man who somehow "floated" up there after dying for "us".......uh-huh. Sure! Oh, then there's the dude who heard voices.....that called mental illness in the real world. So anyway, no proof so its not real.....its all a fairy tale. So lets end this stupid thread and get on with Zeppelin

A couple of months back, I attended a Meditation Retreat at a Buddhist monastery, and I liked it. I'm an Athiest, so I don't subscribe to their beliefs, but I find their way of life intriguing.

Robert Plant has been sympathetic to Mali, he has played there numerous occasions. Since that country is Muslim I assume there's an important and loyal Zeppelin fanbase in the country.

Islam is an important religion, a few years ago I read a thick volume by John L. Esposito, it shows how Arab countries were at the forefront of technological and scienfic innovation at some point during their History.

i believe that all religions began because they tried to explain actual happenings and beings.

some called them GOD, others ALLAh, BUDHA etc etc

i believe they were visitors from other worlds, and because they had different looks, and " powers " etc ie they came from heaven ( the cosmos ) they could create thunder ( the engines of their vehicles ) and lightening bolts ( laser beams ) etc etc the people of the time saw them as " GODS ".

that is what i believe.

current religions can cause more harm than good.

i said CAN.

Archived