2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

I live 4 miles from Yankee Stadium and grew up a mile from there. it's a matter of having class. Hell, I use to have season seats in the bleachers, we're not that classless in the bleachers, sure some friendly ribbing, but to come on here after a very tight game and type...hahahahaha is bush league in my book. I'm old school, take the win and say, "damn that was a crazy game, Raul came through big time" or whatever, but have some class.

I've said my peace, I'm moving on.

Walter's post above is exactly what I'm talking about. He has class. Although you don't agree with my original post.

Edited by Bingo

I watched the Tiger game until the 6th inning, and as soon as they took out Sherzer that early I knew we were cooked. Saw it too many times this year, and was the cause of many a bike ride this Summer. I could never stand to watch.

I live 4 miles from Yankee Stadium and grew up a mile from there. it's a matter of having class. Hell, I use to have season seats in the bleachers, we're not that classless in the bleachers, sure some friendly ribbing, but to come on here after a very tight game and type...hahahahaha is bush league in my book. I'm old school, take the win and say, "damn that was a crazy game, Raul came through big time" or whatever, but have some class.

I've said my peace, I'm moving on.

Walter's post above is exactly what I'm talking about. He has class. Although you don't agree with my original post.

I'm not trying to start shit with you Bingo, just give the kid a break. He's a high schooler, so let's teach him how to not rub noses in it. You're right - you win with class and lose with class, IMO. Have a good one, my fellow Yankee fan!

Peace.

I never thought you were giving me shit, yeah I was probably a little harsh. Sometimes I type before I think. If he's in HS, well then, he gets a pass. Now I feel bad for scolding a young buck. I'm glad there was no internet when I was in HS or college, I would have been on youtube every other day, and not for good reasons. lol

I just ate a cheeseburger for breakfast, so I'm feeling a lot better.

Cheers!

My apologies to arcane29

Edited by Bingo

Rick sorry for your loss, it was a tough one. I'm serious I know how you guys live and die with these games. Even as a fan of the opposing team, I feel for ya this morning. Went to bed after the 9th, so I had to watch the highlights this morning. It's not over yet though.....

it is very painfull indeed I will not deny. Thanks for being consoling about it. the kid, Gonzalez, deserved better. I do not like Buck's decision to pull the kid. I let him pitch 9 innings. You do not pull a pitcher that just struck out 4 future hall of famers in a row like they were school boys. O'Day did his job as I expected he would. When I saw Ibanez come up as a pinch hitter I am saying go get a leftie and counter the move. He did not and now he and us Orioles faithfull pay the price of his actions. Earl Weaver would have known better. To hell with this new day mentality of pulling a pitcher on pitch count alone. If the guy is doing the job, leave him in there. Johnson may as well have pitched that ball underhanded. Two outs to go. You at least put the fucking guy on. Walk him intentionally. Did he not see the film in Boston? EBK, if you read this, tell me if you have read or gotten any reaction from the Maryland press? Does it sound like they have fight left in them? I hope so. No reason not to. Its still possible to win it.

Orioles just have to suck it up, put the past game behind them and carry the fight to the Yankees.

I will say that it appears Girardi is out-managing Showalter. That was quite a move on Joe's part, sitting A-Rod for Raul. Wonder how A-Rod is taking it, now that Ibanez is the hero at A-Rod's expense.

ebk, how are you? How are the local's morale? Still got some fighting spirit or has doom and gloom set in?

Oakland pulled one out of their ass last night...and so both Oakland and San Francisco sucked it up to force a Game 5. Can both Bay Area teams complete the trifecta?

As I said earlier, the numbskulls in Washington deserve to lose the way they bungled the Strasburg situation. The bunglers on Capitol Hill deserve their stupid sports teams.

I still have faith. Question is, do the Orioles. Buck needs to give them an Earl Weaver type talkin to. We deserved to win that game. Gonzalez deserved to win. But Jones, Weiters, Reynolds, Hardy and co must look themselves in the mirror. They needed to help the kid out with one more run. One more run we win. Or if we played 70's baseball we win. To hell with pulling a pitcher when he is that hot. A Yankee friend of mine agreed that Gonzalez should have been left in.

Oh, these baseball playoffs. I don't know what to think. Just when I think the Giants are dead and buried, they force Game 5. I have no idea who's going to win. In Oakland, it's hard to go against Verlander in Game 5 as hot as the A's have been. My head says Detroit, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Ross Detwiler going for the Nationals today, who knows how that will go. If things go bad, I'm sure the talk will be all about Strasburg.

Can the O's bounce back after that devastating loss. They need to get the bats going. I would feel a lot better about Joe Saunders on the mound if Baltimore could give him 4 or 5 runs of support.

Oh, these baseball playoffs. I don't know what to think. Just when I think the Giants are dead and buried, they force Game 5. I have no idea who's going to win. In Oakland, it's hard to go against Verlander in Game 5 as hot as the A's have been. My head says Detroit, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Ross Detwiler going for the Nationals today, who knows how that will go. If things go bad, I'm sure the talk will be all about Strasburg.

Can the O's bounce back after that devastating loss. They need to get the bats going. I would feel a lot better about Joe Saunders on the mound if Baltimore could give him 4 or 5 runs of support.

They must put it behind them. I feel bad for Gonzalez. He deserved better. But you are right. Jones and Weiters and Reynolds need to wake up and fast. I never thought they would be this inept. But the Yankees have been too. Buck needs to tell them, "nobody expected us to be here. We are still playing with house money. Go out there and get it done"

Bingo,

I apologize for that post last night, and for the snappy response to you after. I really just got caught up in the moment, and the hahaha was more of a cheer, like oh my god that's crazy I cant believe that just happened. I realize it looks horrible, though, and I promise that it wasn't directed towards any specific poster or O's fans in general. I also understand if you don't believe that, because it does look bad.

Please don't hold me being a highshooler as any reason to not point it out if I step over the line. And as a fan of baseball, I do love the orioles story, and will root for them if they can come back.

Sorry again. I guess in a thread where I regularly see my team's ace being called a fat fuck, I lost track of what is classy vs what isn't :P

Hope you all have a good night, and day tomorrow. Go Baseball.

Bingo,

I apologize for that post last night, and for the snappy response to you after. I really just got caught up in the moment, and the hahaha was more of a cheer, like oh my god that's crazy I cant believe that just happened. I realize it looks horrible, though, and I promise that it wasn't directed towards any specific poster or O's fans in general. I also understand if you don't believe that, because it does look bad.

Please don't hold me being a highshooler as any reason to not point it out if I step over the line. And as a fan of baseball, I do love the orioles story, and will root for them if they can come back.

Sorry again. I guess in a thread where I regularly see my team's ace being called a fat fuck, I lost track of what is classy vs what isn't :P

Hope you all have a good night, and day tomorrow. Go Baseball.

I guess you mean me. Die hard Sabres fan since their inception(so you know we do have that in common as well as the Bills). No I did not like the comment either. Us Orioles fans have had a long wait. But realize this. Things were not always like this. When I was a kid growing up the Yankees stunk and the Orioles were a powerhouse. I cant stand Sabathia or the Yankees. Jeter is one guy I like and respect. And the manager. Thats about it.

Man has our hitting gone south. Jones especially

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I guess you mean me. Die hard Sabres fan since their inception(so you know we do have that in common as well as the Bills). No I did not like the comment either. Us Orioles fans have had a long wait. But realize this. Things were not always like this. When I was a kid growing up the Yankees stunk and the Orioles were a powerhouse. I cant stand Sabathia or the Yankees. Jeter is one guy I like and respect. And the manager. Thats about it.

Man has our hitting gone south. Jones especially

I was just joking, I understand. :) I enjoy reading passionate fans discuss their teams. my friends and I definitely have said worse things about players on each others' favorite teams. We are young and immature, after all.

This is just incredible to watch. The Orioles have first and third three times and cant get the guy home. Its like our best players have all forgot how to hit. The Yankees too. Both these teams are not hitting and I do not think either of them have a prayer against Oakland or Detroit if this continues.