2012 Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Yanks/Tigers being delayed for rain as well as the rest of the Giants/Cards. Here's hoping the delay won't effect Scherzer.

Postponed. Which means the Tigers could go with Fister? But they could take their chances and save him in case of a loss to Sabathia, and then seal the deal. The liklihood of a quick series in the National league is quite low in my opinion. I believe it may go 7

I would move up the rotation and try and end it.

Nope. Keeping our rotation set is what got us here. Even if Sherzer gets taken out early, Smyly can step in, and the rest of the bullpen is well rested. Today will probably be rained out again anyway.

Nope. Keeping our rotation set is what got us here. Even if Sherzer gets taken out early, Smyly can step in, and the rest of the bullpen is well rested. Today will probably be rained out again anyway.

Well they have egg on their face after yesterday. So they may play an inning in a downpour to make it look legit. Ha. I am for the Tigers in the series regardless of who they play

smiley.gif

Now the only question is, will the days off waiting for the winner of the NLCS hurt the Tigers? I'm hoping the Giants can bounce back and take the series, but I'll be rooting for Detroit no matter who wins. Go Tigers!

Is that your Mets victory dance? Ooops, sorry! ;)

Yay Tigers!!!

Come on Giants! If the Cards win at home, there will be too many days without baseball...

I have little doubt the Orioles would have made a series of this had they not blown game 3 with 2 outs to go. Well I look forward to next year, and I will honour their achievments from the past year. A stepping stone I will see it as to the next level. As for the Tigers, I do not think the time off or rest will hurt them in the least. I think I would rather see them play the Giants but either way I hope they win it. I thought Texas would win the last two years I must confess.

I have little doubt the Orioles would have made a series of this had they not blown game 3 with 2 outs to go. Well I look forward to next year, and I will honour their achievments from the past year. A stepping stone I will see it as to the next level. As for the Tigers, I do not think the time off or rest will hurt them in the least. I think I would rather see them play the Giants but either way I hope they win it. I thought Texas would win the last two years I must confess.

I'm not talking about too much time off for the Tigers. I'm talking about too much time between games for me! :D

I'm not talking about too much time off for the Tigers. I'm talking about too much time between games for me! :D

I am already thinking of buying the MLB package for next year so I can see the Orioles every night. I am very confident this team is moving forward and will be right in the thick of it next year. We finally have pitching.

I am already thinking of buying the MLB package for next year so I can see the Orioles every night. I am very confident this team is moving forward and will be right in the thick of it next year. We finally have pitching.

I hope you're right. I was thinking about it while listening to the game on my way home from work. Let's face it - we were really lucky a lot of the time this season. And while it's better to be lucky than good, the luck has to hold out.

I hope you're right...

I hope you're right. I was thinking about it while listening to the game on my way home from work. Let's face it - we were really lucky a lot of the time this season. And while it's better to be lucky than good, the luck has to hold out.

I hope you're right...

EBK, I know I am right. You must be referring to the extra inning success? We made our luck and so did Buck. You see, I'm a poet and don't know it. (I know, poor attempt at humou). But lets look at it. Gonzalez is the real deal. Bundy is on the way. The bullpen is rock solid. Hammel, Tillman, Saunders, Chen are all good. I don't know the long term prognosis on Roberts but if he can come back it makes us better at 2nd and we know Markakis is coming back. So now we have him and McClouth to go with the likes of Jones, Weiters, Reynolds, and even Bettemit can contribute. I am very confident. And I believe it will take Boston time to escape the cellar this time like it took us. Oh and I must mention Davis and Machado also. I love this team

How fitting was it to have Cabrera blast one off of Sabathia ? Sure did appreciate the early start time. The bar was rocking last night ! A great way to end a sweep......I said SWEEP !! To the World Series for the 4th time in my life. Yay !!

I think most Tiger fans were in shock at the shape Mr. Illitch was in last night. I don't think anyone had a clue, and that puts some urgency towards winning this thing.

I hope you're right...

I believe you are correct. The Orioles are a young, solid, talented team, but their extra innings record hadn't been accomplished since what 1900? Plus all of the 1 run games, etc. I'm sure they will be in it next year, if a few of those tight games go the other way and it's a whole different outcome. Still was exciting to see the organization turn things around this season. The Yanks had better have a whole different look next season, for the better!

I believe you are correct. The Orioles are a young, solid, talented team, but their extra innings record hadn't been accomplished since what 1900? Plus all of the 1 run games, etc. I'm sure they will be in it next year, if a few of those tight games go the other way and it's a whole different outcome. Still was exciting to see the organization turn things around this season. The Yanks had better have a whole different look next season, for the better!

But lets not overlook the fallout in Boston. There is no way on Earth Boston can put a team on the field in one year as good as ours. And Toronto is a good team that had injuries, so I expect them to be a usual pain the ass but not quite good enough. The money laiden Yankees will always be in the fight as they simply will go out and steal more players as usual. Tampa is the question. Will they have both Price and Shields? If so, they are in the mix too. I say Boston is a safe bet to finish dead last.

Oh congrats Bonger. The Orioles have made it to the Series 5 times in my life. 4 of which i can remembr as in 66 I was only 9. But the rest I remember very well. We have three titles, with loss's to Pittsburgh twice after blowing 3-1 leads and 1 loss to the miracle Mets of 69. So actually that is 6 trips in my life, 5 that I witnessed. The win with Cal Ripken in 83 was nice but not as nice as 70 when we had that powerhouse of a team. I always get the year mixed up. I do not know if it was officially 70 or 71?

But lets not overlook the fallout in Boston. There is no way on Earth Boston can put a team on the field in one year as good as ours. And Toronto is a good team that had injuries, so I expect them to be a usual pain the ass but not quite good enough. The money laiden Yankees will always be in the fight as they simply will go out and steal more players as usual. Tampa is the question. Will they have both Price and Shields? If so, they are in the mix too. I say Boston is a safe bet to finish dead last.

Oh congrats Bonger. The Orioles have made it to the Series 5 times in my life. 4 of which i can remembr as in 66 I was only 9. But the rest I remember very well. We have three titles, with loss's to Pittsburgh twice after blowing 3-1 leads and 1 loss to the miracle Mets of 69. So actually that is 6 trips in my life, 5 that I witnessed. The win with Cal Ripken in 83 was nice but not as nice as 70 when we had that powerhouse of a team. I always get the year mixed up. I do not know if it was officially 70 or 71?

Come on Rick - I was 9 in 1966 and I clearly remember that series. As a matter of fact, that's what got me into baseball to begin with! :)

It was 1970 that we won. 1971 didn't end up so well...

Come on Rick - I was 9 in 1966 and I clearly remember that series. As a matter of fact, that's what got me into baseball to begin with! :)

It was 1970 that we won. 1971 didn't end up so well...

Ha. You are scolding me for my memories as a 9 year old? I cant remember what happened five minutes ago!! ha. Ok, 71 was the year the Pirates came back from 3-1. I saw the whole thing. Its not easy to remember exact years. In many sports they overlap anyway. Anyway, to me the 70 series was the sweetest for me. The "Brooks Robinson" series. Remember those plays he made? Remember the one on Bench? One he one hopped to Boog and we nailed him.

Archived