BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

7 hours ago, ebk said:

Just had flank steak and broccoli.  With some lovely Italian merlot.

Really Charles, if you're so hungry you're miserable, what's the use of fighting father time?  You're hungry and miserable.

Agreed E.

Of course I like a salad, in fact I am having a salad for dinner this evening WITH CHICKEN, and I drink water. I personally think Charles is a secret Supermodel.;)

20 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Great minds think alike, I, too had French toast this morning. Super yummy with a fantastic view of a majestic oak tree and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. And mimosas.  Wish I had a pic to share. :) 

:toast:

53 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

To mark the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi  and of course, Freddie's 70th birthday ;) I am currently feasting on some Gulab Jamun (dessert) and Urad Dhal Vada (savory)

Today marks the beginning of the Hindu festive season, just a month and a half before Diwali B) 

IMG_1347.JPG

th.jpg

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

To mark the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi  and of course, Freddie's 70th birthday ;) I am currently feasting on some Gulab Jamun (dessert) and Urad Dhal Vada (savory)

Today marks the beginning of the Hindu festive season, just a month and a half before Diwali B) 

IMG_1347.JPG

Happy feasting, Kiwi Zep! My regards to Lord Ganesh.

porcelain- lladro's-lord-ganesha-wallpaper.jpg

1 hour ago, Charles J. White said:

glass of water and a gluten free slice of toast with only blueberry jam on it and a bowl of porridge with strawberry slices in it

My word, man...Oliver Twist ate better than you. :o

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Kiwi, you are the Queen of Meme! ;)

Why, thank you, Strider! I'm honoured! Besides, I will be a poor excuse for a Millennial, if I wasn't! :P 

For more of my eccentric meme related fun, go here:

It's a doozy, I tell ya! It's all about dear old Elmer Fudd inteoducing Led Zepwin to the masses! ;) 

Edited to add: Hmmm...it looks like the spelling of introduce in the above thread's title has been corrected (from inteoduce) after all! I guess such is the power of meme comedy! B) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^^Nice one.

Back to food...

When it comes to fruits and veggies, I am usually a purist. I don't go in for Frankensteined food...I like my tomatoes to taste like tomatoes, my strawberries to taste like strawberries, my snozzberries to taste like snozzberries.

But this summer my food addiction has been these apricot/plum crossbreeds...usually called 'apriums' or 'plumcots'. Oh man, when you bite into these ripe babies it is an explosion of juice and flavour.

Both the Aprium and the Plumcot have a lovely red-purple skin but the Aprium inside flesh is more yellow like an apricot, while the Plumcot's flesh is more like a plum...reddish.

Apriums:

20160801_144417.jpg

Plumcots:

20160816_115405.jpg