BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Breyer's used to be my absolute favorite ice cream.

But a couple years ago they went the way of other brands and started adding some preservative that gives the ice cream a thicker, almost greasy texture.

Since then, Blue Bell is my new preference, as they have that unadulterated taste that Breyer's used to have.

However, just the other day I bought this new flavor for the kids since it was on sale - Breyer's S'mores.

It is pretty amazing.

That tan streak in the picture is this sweetened graham cracker strip layered throughout, and it is delicious!

I'm enjoying a bowl now.

breyers_blasts_smores.jpg

A great day starts with a great cup of coffee. Not that phony-baloney frou-frou Starbucks crap. Just a good, honest cup of Joe...strong, hot and black...and only 50 cents.

I don't care for Stabucks either.

Arugula, chickpeas, pasta, sun dried tomatoes with a balsamic dressing.

I'm having an Indian (I'd much rather call them 'Native' since I am not from India)Taco tonight. Beans, meat, lettuce, cheese, picante sauce, tomatoes & olives on top of fry bread (which is like GOLD in my heritage). It's really good. My mom is making mine.

An Indian to us Brits is a curry. Chicken Tikka Masala is a fav. Personally I like a Lamb Rogan Josh or Chicken Makhani with Nan bread or roti and a side of Aloo Gobi and rice. In fact I make a mean Kashmiri Curry and maybe some Chana Dhal

Edited by chillumpuffer

Breakfast this morning was Museli and a bowl of Blueberries with Natural Yougurt and a ripe Passion fruit squeezed on top. Glass of Mango & Orange juice

Yah & see, that's why I want to call them "Native Taco's'. I'm not from India, I'm from Oklahoma & a Native American. Never had Indian food...although I would try it. Sounds very interesting...

Late dinner tonight of two duck tacos and a cactus salad, with a glass of red wine.

As a public service for chillumpuffer, and anyone else who lives in an area deprived of good Asian markets and/or restaurants, I hereby am providing a recipe for you to make your own Sriracha sauce.

Recipe: Sriracha-Style Hot Sauce

Makes about 1½ cups sauce

Note:This sauce is best prepared at least one or two days before using. Cane vinegar and palm sugar can be found at select well-stocked cooking stores, as well as Asian markets.

Capsaicin is found in the inner ribs, or veins, of chilies, not just the seeds. To minimize the heat, remove the ribs with the seeds. And when working with chilies, be careful. The capsaicin in the oils can burn your hands and eyes. Wear gloves when handling the hottest chilies, and work in a well-ventilated area.

1 pound mixed fresh red chilies (such as red Fresnos or jalapeños), stemmed and chopped

2 to 4 cloves garlic

¼ cup cane or rice vinegar

1½ teaspoons sea salt, more if desired

2 tablespoons palm or light brown sugar, more if desired

1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the chilies, garlic, vinegar, salt and sugar to form a coarse paste.

2. Transfer the mixture to a nonreactive saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the aroma softens or mellows a bit, about five minutes. Remove from heat.

3. Blend the sauce again to form a smooth paste, thinning as desired with water.

4. Strain the sauce, pressing the solids through a fine mesh strainer with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Taste the sauce, and tweak the flavors as desired with additional salt, sugar or vinegar. Remove the sauce to a glass jar or bottle and cool completely. Refrigerate until needed.

Late dinner tonight of two duck tacos and a cactus salad, with a glass of red wine.

As a public service for chillumpuffer, and anyone else who lives in an area deprived of good Asian markets and/or restaurants, I hereby am providing a recipe for you to make your own Sriracha sauce.

Recipe: Sriracha-Style Hot Sauce

Makes about 1½ cups sauce

Note:This sauce is best prepared at least one or two days before using. Cane vinegar and palm sugar can be found at select well-stocked cooking stores, as well as Asian markets.

Capsaicin is found in the inner ribs, or veins, of chilies, not just the seeds. To minimize the heat, remove the ribs with the seeds. And when working with chilies, be careful. The capsaicin in the oils can burn your hands and eyes. Wear gloves when handling the hottest chilies, and work in a well-ventilated area.

1 pound mixed fresh red chilies (such as red Fresnos or jalapeños), stemmed and chopped

2 to 4 cloves garlic

¼ cup cane or rice vinegar

1½ teaspoons sea salt, more if desired

2 tablespoons palm or light brown sugar, more if desired

1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the chilies, garlic, vinegar, salt and sugar to form a coarse paste.

2. Transfer the mixture to a nonreactive saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the aroma softens or mellows a bit, about five minutes. Remove from heat.

3. Blend the sauce again to form a smooth paste, thinning as desired with water.

4. Strain the sauce, pressing the solids through a fine mesh strainer with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Taste the sauce, and tweak the flavors as desired with additional salt, sugar or vinegar. Remove the sauce to a glass jar or bottle and cool completely. Refrigerate until needed.

A pound of chillis !!!! Crikey :veryhot:

Toasted Hot Cross Bun...

Yum - it's the cinammon smell that does it for me. You're a fan of HCB's aren't you? I have one after my game of golf on a Saturday. Layers of butter and sometimes a preserve on top. I may just score a quartet on the the way home this afternoon.

Breakfast today was a bowl of museli, bowl of blueberries with Natural Yogurt. Half a red grapefruit and a glass of OJ - WELL WHAT A SURPRISE

Yum - it's the cinammon smell that does it for me. You're a fan of HCB's aren't you? I have one after my game of golf on a Saturday. Layers of butter and sometimes a preserve on top. I may just score a quartet on the the way home this afternoon.

Breakfast today was a bowl of museli, bowl of blueberries with Natural Yogurt. Half a red grapefruit and a glass of OJ - WELL WHAT A SURPRISE

Oh yes got to love the Aroma when Toasted makes them a lot lighter as well, find them a bit on the heavy side untoasted

Oh yes got to love the Aroma when Toasted makes them a lot lighter as well, find them a bit on the heavy side untoasted

Deffo - a bit like a raw crumpet. Must be like eating a facecloth sarnie

Funny the closer Easter creeps up, the supermarkets filter through the sweet aroma of HCB's to tempt the peckish shopper to buy some?

Big mistake make spinach, feta and lamb gozleme's tonight :rolleyes:

Authentic recipe, dough from scratch, lamb with spices etc, feta and various other cheeses, spinach blah blah blah ........ soooooo time consuming.

I was over the whole thing before I got to even taste them.

Explain WC? Never heard of Gozleme's. I assume of Greek or Turkish origin? A bit like a samosa? And what happened?