BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Last night at the local bar and grill.

House made warm rolls with olive oil dipping sauce, beer battered fish and chips, 2 glasses of Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, chocolate lava cake (on the house as it was one of the bartenders birthdays), double espresso.

Breakfast today was coffee, OJ, banana and a slice of warmed up Irish Soda Bread with a bit of melted butter. Use Kate's brand. Good stuff!

I'm having several relatives over for Sunday dinner tomorrow. The menu is:

Roasted beet and orange salad with a citrus vinaigrette

Chicken tetrazzinni

Green beans sauteed in garlic oil

Garlic bread

Applesauce cake

I bought two bottles of Pinot Grigio to have with the food and I'll serve coffee with the cake.

I'm having several relatives over for Sunday dinner tomorrow. The menu is:

Roasted beet and orange salad with a citrus vinaigrette

Chicken tetrazzinni

Green beans sauteed in garlic oil

Garlic bread

Applesauce cake

I bought two bottles of Pinot Grigio to have with the food and I'll serve coffee with the cake.

Sounds good although, not a big fan of Pinot Grigio. Prefer Sauvignon Blanc for whites and others, especially French. To me it doesn't have a lot of character to it. But, it is good on a Summer day, with a glass of water or two of course, so to avoid dehydration....right Charles?

Edited by SuperDave

Tuna, sundried tomatoes, mayo and a little tartare sauce for added zest, served atop some rather heavy and unpleasantly moist home-made wholemeal bread.

My wife has recently started making bread, without a bread-maker, so the results are unpredictable and sometimes highly amusing. This latest loaf is in the shape of a circular mud hut or even a short teepee, and is so heavy and crusty that it could (and maybe will) serve as a murder weapon.

I tried a new bread recipe last night and it was ok taste wise, but horrible dough to work with. I'm never doing that one again!

^^^

I hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day. I'm not a fan of corned beef and cabbage, so my St. Paddy's Day meal was a nice bowl of Irish stew at Tom Bergin's and a pint of Guinness and an Irish coffee.

Erin go bragh!

Probably mine too. Just don't have them often for no apparent reason.

Are they readily available in your area? Good, ripe citrus is hard to get in some Northern places...just like good, flavourful avocados.

Edited by Strider

Two thin mints Girl Scout cookies.

:drool: You just said the magic words. Never pass up a chance to buy Thin Mints from the Girl Scouts. They taste almost as good as Girl Scouts themselves.

Yes, I just said that. It's Monday...I'm feeling naughty.

^^^

Are they readily available in your area? Good, ripe citrus is hard to get in some Northern places...just like good, flavourful avocados.

Yes they are, but the quality really varies this time of year.

Edited by SuperDave

Haha, that's what I was gonna say. ;)

Tuna, avocado, and brie sandwich on cracked wheat bread. Tall glass of milk and taller glass of water.

Chicken Tikka Masala for me tonight. Store bought, but great quality with saffron rice.