BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I was disappointed nobody posted their Easter feastings.

I had honey-baked ham, potato and mushroom lasagna(from a Joachim Splichal cookbook), asparagus, and a butter lettuce, berries and brie salad. Easter chocolate and milk for dessert.

For breakfast I had a single flax seed English muffin with no butter, just some peanut butter, and a bowl of porridge, with a glass of water.

For lunch I made myself a smoothy, non-pasteurized orange juice, 1 kiwi, a 1/4 mango, and cantaloupe.

For dinner I cooked some trout, and stir fry greens in olive oil with some Lao sticky rice with home made tomato and chilli hot sauce and a few glasses of water.

We had a Tapas evening whilst watching the Masters.

Meatballs in Tomato Sauce

Patatas Bravas

Cheese patties

King Prawns

A strawberry Trifle

Some lovely red Rioja and a crisp Vinho Verde from Portugal. A couple of fat numbers rounded things off.

Breakkie today:

Rice flakes, a bowl of sweet fat Blueberries and Natural Yogurt with a passion Fruit squeezed over. Glass of OJ

It was a cold and rainy morning, so I felt like some comfort food for breakfast: McCann's steel-cut Irish oatmeal with blueberries and bananas and brown sugar. A glass of orange juice, a glass of tomato juice, and a cup of coffee.

300.JPG

The tax department treated us to lunch today at Ruth's Chris. Had the Black and Bleu salad, hold the bacon. Yummmmmmm

Lucky you!!! One of my favourite steakhouses to go to...there are two of them here in L.A: Beverly Hills and Pasadena.

Edited by Strider

Wine???

I was seriously disappointed in this area. This was my first tax department lunch and I'd heard the alcohol flowed freely. However...it seems there were a few more returns that had to be filed yesterday, so...no wine. Thank goodness the meal was good - and I didn't have to pay for it!

Don't worry though...I have wine now :)

I was seriously disappointed in this area. This was my first tax department lunch and I'd heard the alcohol flowed freely. However...it seems there were a few more returns that had to be filed yesterday, so...no wine. Thank goodness the meal was good - and I didn't have to pay for it!

Don't worry though...I have wine now :)

No wine at Ruths Chris. Gotta have wine at a steakhouse....but at least, you're taking care of that presently!

:toast:

Went to Lost Dog Cafe for lunch.

Yuppie Puppy

Grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, zesty horseradish and melted provolone on a toasted sub.

Accompanied by a DC Brau Tasters Choice

Style: Coffee Doppelbock
Color: Coffee Brown
ABV: 7.4%

A lovely lunch!!