BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Sorting through my Houston road trip photos, and thought I'd post the last meal I had in Texas. Everywhere you go in Texas, you see these Whataburger places. Before crossing the state line into New Mexico, I finally decided to take the plunge and try it out.

Turns out...nothing special. Just another fast-food joint.

post-1470-0-98351600-1373388077_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-72792100-1373388123_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-41231100-1373388172_thumb.jp

I am definitely ready for some North End eats!! I realized that in the many times I've been to Boston, I've managed to miss the North End. I will remedy this shortly :D

Ernesto's on Salem Street comes to mind for pizza.

:)

Last night, went out for Italian food with friends. The place serves a lot of it family style, although we only did the apps that way.

Fried Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce

Caesar Salad. It may be the best one of these I've ever had and I've had a lot. The dressing was incredible with a tangy garlic Dijon Mustard and garlic flavor to it.

Squid Ink Linguini with clams and shrimp in a creamy white garlic sauce. Excellent and I have leftovers for dinner tonight! :thumbsup:

And of course a couple glasses of wine to go along with it. Although, reds aren't suppose to accompany seafood, I decided to have the Montepulciano tonight. I thought it went well with it!

Today's Dinner Menu at Chez Disco Duck:

Mild Italian sausage on the grill

Hobo packets with summer squash, Vidalia onions and green bell peppers

Pasta salad with rotini, cherry tomatoes, black olives and mozzarella cheese cubes

Iced tea plus a half bottle of Moscato left over from last weekend

Although, reds aren't suppose to accompany seafood, I decided to have the Montepulciano tonight. I thought it went well with it!

I find this to be one of the biggest misnomers or fallacies in food land. While you may not want to drink a heavy Bordeaux with your seafood, there are plenty of other reds that I find tastily compatible with the bounty of the briny deep. I drink Zinfandels all the time with fish. Or Beaujolais...Malbecs...Chiantis...

Juat had a grilled shrimp and avocado wrap for lunch...with pineapple, banana and papaya juice.

Edited by Strider

I find this to be one of the biggest misnomers or fallacies in food land. While you may not want to drink a heavy Bordeaux with your seafood, there are plenty of other reds that I find tastily compatible with the bounty of the briny deep. I drink Zinfandels all the time with fish. Or Beaujolais...Malbecs...Chiantis...

Juat had a grilled shrimp and avocado wrap for lunch...with pineapple, banana and papaya juice.

I agree with you on the wine.

Great blend on the juice. Just wondering if throwing in a bit of mango juice would be good as well?

I agree with you on the wine.

Great blend on the juice. Just wondering if throwing in a bit of mango juice would be good as well?

Oh, mango definitely works...I just didn't have any on hand, as I used up all my mangoes in a chicken, mangoes and peppers over rice dish the other night.

Grilled burger (no bun for me), cubed roasted sweet potatoes (with olive oil and a little rosemary); fresh cukes and tomatoes from the garden and cantaloupe. Yum!!

Hi Virginia!!

That sounds absolutely delightful!!

I just bought some rosemary and I am looking for ways to use it up...and I love sweet potatoes.. Thanks!

:)

As it was a beautiful warm evening yesterday we sat outside on the patio and I served a King prawn and white Crab meat salad. Served with summer leaves, coleslaw and sweet baby beets. Mrs CP stuck to a light southern French white and I had a young 2012 Rioja. It worked perfectly with the seafood

Strider and Gumby Go to White Castle...and somehow survive.

Okay, here's the worst meal I have had so far on my trip. I'm in Indianapolis, IN, and it's after midnight and White Castle is the only place I can find open. I never have understood the reverence East Coasters have for White Castle. My memories of the place are of awful, soggy, tiny burgers. They're cheap, yes, but so what. I don't mind paying for quality. White Castle is garbage.

post-1470-0-78131700-1374122642_thumb.jp

I got one original slider and one jalapeño cheese slider...and a Barq's Red Cream Soda.

post-1470-0-67608800-1374122754_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-21619200-1374122924_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

Strider, I like good burgers, but White Castle doesn't have them. Some kove them, but don't know why.

Hate to spoil this for you, but I have a friend who puts Gumby in a lot of the photos he takes. But you use is better and how you have him situated and planted in the photos. Great work! :yourock:

Went to Trident Books and Cafe on Newbury Street for lunch. Had a grilled cheese with tomatoes and avocado on challah, and fries. And a sauvignon blanc. Very good sandwich.

After walking down, then up Newbury Street, stopped into La Voile Brasserie and had a lovely glass of rose...just to get out of the heat, of course :)

I'll be going back to La Voile this week. I've read good things about the food, and the bartender today was marvelous!