BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

So glad you got to Goode Co, Strider. One of my fondest memories of Houston!! Also loved Buffalo Grille for breakfast.

Looks like you had some fine food there!

Yes, indeed. There was more that I didn't photograph...the Jambalaya and jalapeño cornbread at Ragin' Cajun...the watermelon sorbet with fresh blueberries and raspberries at Marble Slab...the organic grass-fed beef burgers and creamy shakes at Elevation Burgers(they also have two vegan burger options)...my final breakfast in Houston at The Breakfast Klub(although, given the buzz and hype we had heard about this place, it was slightly disappointing).

Best of all, the yummy sliders we had at Angie's that her husband cooked...two varieties: cajun and cheddar and bacon and cheddar. A nice cheese and cracker spread, salad, red velvet cupcakes. To top it off, between all of us, there were at least 4 or 5 different bottles of wine to drink...Angie's Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc and a French Red that I can't recall, Melanie's Malbec, a German Riesling I brought. I think there was a Penguin Chardonnay from Australia, too...but I had about 8 glasses of wine, so my memory might be cloudy.

Wine...oh, wonderful wine.

Yes, indeed. There was more that I didn't photograph...the Jambalaya and jalapeño cornbread at Ragin' Cajun...the watermelon sorbet with fresh blueberries and raspberries at Marble Slab...the organic grass-fed beef burgers and creamy shakes at Elevation Burgers(they also have two vegan burger options)...my final breakfast in Houston at The Breakfast Klub(although, given the buzz and hype we had heard about this place, it was slightly disappointing).

Best of all, the yummy sliders we had at Angie's that her husband cooked...two varieties: cajun and cheddar and bacon and cheddar. A nice cheese and cracker spread, salad, red velvet cupcakes. To top it off, between all of us, there were at least 4 or 5 different bottles of wine to drink...Angie's Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc and a French Red that I can't recall, Melanie's Malbec, a German Riesling I brought. I think there was a Penguin Chardonnay from Australia, too...but I had about 8 glasses of wine, so my memory might be cloudy.

Wine...oh, wonderful wine.

Good grief, that sounds totally like my kind of trip!!!

Especially the last part - everything's better with wine :toast:

^^^^^^ Damn straight! :D

Ya'll don't come to Texas and not leave without eating well. A live cow is cute and a dead one makes for some damn good eating.

Good friends and good food...and good booze = a great time.

Sounds exactly what the CP's are doing at my friends farm tomorrow evening. Chuck in some laughing tackle and we've got a great time??

That sounds delish! A lovely pinot noir would top it off beautifully! :)

It certainly would have, but I am carpooling tonight after our towns fireworks display.

I sat this year out as my back has been bothering me and it looked like rain..so I will go pick up the girls soon...

It was the CP's 18th wedding anniversary yesterday so I took the fair lady to a pub eatery a couple of villages down from CP towers. We had eaten there a few years ago and it was beyond awful and as it has changed hands we decided to give it another go. Well it was fantastic. As food as good as this in a bus journey away? Too much. Anyway this is was what was served.

Mrs CP started with a beetroot, blue cheese and walnut risotto and myself a roast pigeon breast with Bury black pudding croquettes and a wonderful fennel coleslaw

2 Glasses of excellent Chilean Chardonnay accompanied the starters

Mains: Mrs CP chose roast filet of Hake, chorizo, parsley new potatoes and a delightful cream sauce

Myself: I kept the fowl theme going and had Duck. A roast breast and a great confit leg with a hint of Chinese spice. Served on a bed of Pak Choi and broad beans.

A New Zealand Pinot Noir was the wine of choice.

Sweet: Both had a Lemon Grass Crème Brulee. Which was historic.

It was a lovely evening so we strolled to the next village listening to the song birds singing away and caught the bus back.

It wasn't cheap. A shade over a hundred of our crispest English pounds, but to be honest this kind of food is usually found in the metropolis and not in the country villages.

A perfect gastronomic delight

It was the CP's 18th wedding anniversary yesterday so I took the fair lady to a pub eatery a couple of villages down from CP towers. We had eaten there a few years ago and it was beyond awful and as it has changed hands we decided to give it another go. Well it was fantastic. As food as good as this in a bus journey away? Too much. Anyway this is was what was served.

Mrs CP started with a beetroot, blue cheese and walnut risotto and myself a roast pigeon breast with Bury black pudding croquettes and a wonderful fennel coleslaw

2 Glasses of excellent Chilean Chardonnay accompanied the starters

Mains: Mrs CP chose roast filet of Hake, chorizo, parsley new potatoes and a delightful cream sauce

Myself: I kept the fowl theme going and had Duck. A roast breast and a great confit leg with a hint of Chinese spice. Served on a bed of Pak Choi and broad beans.

A New Zealand Pinot Noir was the wine of choice.

Sweet: Both had a Lemon Grass Crème Brulee. Which was historic.

It was a lovely evening so we strolled to the next village listening to the song birds singing away and caught the bus back.

It wasn't cheap. A shade over a hundred of our crispest English pounds, but to be honest this kind of food is usually found in the metropolis and not in the country villages.

A perfect gastronomic delight

Sounds scrumptious! Happy Anniversary to you both!!

A fresh caught sea bass off Cape Cod. There was enough to feed all 15 of us.

Delivered to our clinic in person by the fisherman who caught it.

A patient.

Evidently a grateful one.

I am humbled everyday by people.

A patient.

What a touching story. Mouthwatering, too. I'm ready for some fresh New England seafood. :drool:

What a touching story. Mouthwatering, too. I'm ready for some fresh New England seafood. :drool:

Oh, you better be, cuz we got what you need, Strider!!

I had steamers this weekend that were phenomenal..sweet and not a lot of sand..

And beer... :)

A patient.

Crikey. That must have been a monster Bass? How much did it weigh in at Planted?