Jimmy in the Big Apple

DE12

I hate to burst your bubble but Jimmy Page was dressed by stylists with real style back in the day(look up Granny Takes A Trip). The Hawaiian shirt dad jeans wearin Page is the real guy. Now someone has him in Armani. At least it's not toe curling embarrassing.

I hate to burst your bubble but the man didn't use a stylist. He had the clothing shop make him clothes but he dressed himself. Just look at the way he looked on a day to day basis in the 70's and even now. He has always had great style and could pull off any types of clothes, Hawaiian shirts included. Yes, he went through a "Dad" phase but who doesn't have an off period of fashion choices. And if he wears Armani, so what. He has the money to wear designer clothes but I am willing to bet he chose that suit.

Did rock stars have stylists back in the day? That would have been like working out - naff, trying too hard.

Love the photo of Robert 'n Patty - so sweet!

Psst, Miss Melanie, I see you're going through a James May phase. Viva Englishmen!

who said that Jimmy didn't look fine in that Armani suit?? WHAT?? he looks wonderful, especially considering his past lifestyle and his current age...I'd let him do anything with me in that Armani suit^^ soz Robert, you know you're my man, but Jimmy looks damn fine!!

Jimmy has always had a great sense of style.... Except for the few years he was lost in Hawaiian shirt purgatory!

But weren't we all a little lost in parts of the 80s and 90s!?

The difference between Jimmy and other guys who wear Armani is that Jimmy might wear Armani but i. the other guys case Armani wears them!

He makes the suit look good! The other guys look good because of the suit!

He looks just as good in his pea-coat. Dark Jeans and that ever lovely black scarf!

Ok, I am off my Pagette soapbox!

I guess he should have worn one of those black sweatshirts he'd been wearing in the late 90s. I'm sure some people wish he still had black hair, including Jimmy.

I hate to burst your bubble but Jimmy Page was dressed by stylists with real style back in the day(look up Granny Takes A Trip). The Hawaiian shirt dad jeans wearin Page is the real guy. Now someone has him in Armani. At least it's not toe curling embarrassing.

He might have bought his threads at "Granny Takes a Trip" but you can not tell me that someone with a reputation of having such a strong, eclectic taste in art and visuals does not also have an innate sense of style.

Some are more knowledgeable than I about Mr. Page's fashion through the years, but what I do remember is that Paul Reeves and Jimmy were quite mutual in their collaboration on all things visual including fashion, art, and antiques!

"Dad Jeans" or Armani, he is still one seriously cool cat! Nothing embarrassing that. B)

He might have bought his threads at "Granny Takes a Trip" but you can not tell me that someone with a reputation of having such a strong, eclectic taste in art and visuals does not also have an innate sense of style. B)

Agreed! He's always displayed refined taste or at the very least, a strong sense of the power of his appearance. (Even as a Yardbird, he had fab style.)

He's 68, he's retired, he's a millionaire, he's sensual, and he has a body for clothes. Why wouldn't he choose to wear a designer who is known for elegance, quality craftsmanship, superior fabric, and exquisite tailoring? (I'm pretty sure this isn't his first outing in Italian menswear.)

From Halfin's diary it appears he wanted to do the shoot in the neighborhood which is also very elegant but some of the more rabid fans made them change their plans.

Most celebrities have stylists but I can count about 20 who have real style. Style can't be bought; but when you have both style and money, you get... Jimmy Page, regal in Armani.

From Halfin's diary it appears he wanted to do the shoot in the neighborhood which is also very elegant but some of the more rabid fans made them change their plans.

Most celebrities have stylists but I can count about 20 who have real style. Style can't be bought; but when you have both style and money, you get... Jimmy Page, regal in Armani.

if i were there i would probably be part of the rabid fans responsible for their change of plans :P perfect word, he looks regal. such an elegant elderly. i heard he was with a young chick too

:veryhot:

1972 was great. Jimmy looked mighty fine then. But I think he looks age-appropriate now and that is just as well. I am tired of these old rockers who still try to dress like they're 21.

I 100% agree! He looked great then, he looks great now. Thankfully he is not trying to pull off the old rocker look. He is age-appropriate and this man can really carry a beautiful suit!

He was with a younger blonde who said she was his makeup artist and wardrobe coordinator.

Sounds like the same woman who accompanied him to the premiere.

• 5 months later...

It doesn't seem to have been posted to this forum that Jimmy is back in the Big Apple. Ross Halfin has posted some photos to his blog, and there is also this news item published in the New York Post:

The New York Post

April 8, 2013

Sightings . . .

Rocker Jimmy Page at the Mandarin Oriental smiling at an astonished passer-by who could only muster, “Jimmy?” . . .

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sightings_6mOq6ibzoMyKlZR9HGB0WM

I hope Pagey is enjoying NYC.

He spent a week there and has since returned to London. If he does return to Tokyo he'll find one of his favorite bootleg stores has moved a couple blocks closer to Shinjuku Station into a small suite within a high rise.

It doesn't seem to have been posted to this forum that Jimmy is back in the Big Apple. Ross Halfin has posted some photos to his blog, and there is also this news item published in the New York Post:

The New York Post

April 8, 2013

Sightings . . .

Rocker Jimmy Page at the Mandarin Oriental smiling at an astonished passer-by who could only muster, Jimmy? . . .

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sightings_6mOq6ibzoMyKlZR9HGB0WM

While waiting to see the Black Crowes Friday night I checked Ross Halfin's site and saw that picture of Jimmy at the 23rd Street subway station, that blew my mind! I can't imagine the "stepping out of the Starship and into a limo" Jimmy of the 70's stepping foot in the NY subway system! Of course knowing that he was in town I was hoping he might jam with the Crowes but no such luck! Having said that, they were really on form, great show.

He spent a week there and has since returned to London. If he does return to Tokyo he'll find one of his favorite bootleg stores has moved a couple blocks closer to Shinjuku Station into a small suite within a high rise.

Steve, do you have any new information regarding Jimmy's studio album or tour? I'm starting to worry.

Geezer,

On 4 April, member Cookie0024 posted in the New Box Sets thread "Apparently Jimmy has been having a couple of months off. Should see something coming out during the Summer." Cookie had had some contact with Louise Mensch, wife of Jimmy;s manager, Peter at the time.

Hope this helps.

Archived